Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 46

Thread: Playing without destroyer, is it good? Brom vs roxy

  1. #21
    Three-Star Admiral ASR1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    732
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitaliy Medvedev View Post
    If you want to play successfully against FD without destroyers you should create a team with ultra dodge skill.
    I have Dor +7 so good luck with that

  2. #22
    Three-Star Admiral ASR1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    732
    For me Ursa is maybe not the best option. With Dor +7 I have chips to make him only +5 or maybe +6 at the best. But he do seem to be a nice commander.

  3. #23
    Four-Star Admiral Kris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    855
    The problem with this guide of not using a destroyer is a bit misleading. Azrael and Ursa are not cheap so not really a good way to counter a destroyer fleet with or without FD. Saying that Azrael or Ursa are FD's counter is like using Taps sledgehammer to crack a nut.

    While i agree its not the only solution but a buried destroyer with Jackie is more likely to survive and win compared to spending huge credits on new commanders. Strategy first, wallet second.
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

    You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

  4. #24
    Four-Star Admiral JLeroux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    I find it funny how all of you say it's a must to have a destroyer and won't even consider admitting other possibilities exist despite being shown otherwise.
    Hehe you made your point, that Ursa is great with very high block. So a destroyer is an added value but indeed with the right formation and commanders you can do without as well. Nice battle by the way!
    World684(iOS) - Lvl 110
    Fleet: Elena [+15], Nicholas [+15], Richard[+15], Roland (SS)[+15] and Slade (T5)[+15].

  5. #25
    One-Star Admiral
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    The problem with this guide of not using a destroyer is a bit misleading. Azrael and Ursa are not cheap so not really a good way to counter a destroyer fleet with or without FD. Saying that Azrael or Ursa are FD's counter is like using Taps sledgehammer to crack a nut.

    While i agree its not the only solution but a buried destroyer with Jackie is more likely to survive and win compared to spending huge credits on new commanders. Strategy first, wallet second.
    You do realise I developed my strategy exactly because I don't want to spend on every flashy new destroyer and meteor that arrives?

    I have exactly 0 meteors in my fleet ... the economy alone from this compared to everyone else who spends tens of thousands of credits in getting meteors for the speed race is enough to get Ursa .
    In fact that is the main reason I did start to not use a destroyer ... I know I will always shoot second, so if I use a destroyer I get at least 1 of the commanders blocked and useless (this happened even before FD) ...

    Btw you do realise that Ursa's release now was one of the cheapest 1st release ever, right? With about 31k/DNA ... exactly the price you are paying now for Dor, Maggie, etc and cheaper than FD's 34k/DNA in the last event ... talking about strategy and wallet
    богдан.s387/World 187/iOS

  6. #26
    Four-Star Admiral Kris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    855
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    You do realise I developed my strategy exactly because I don't want to spend on every flashy new destroyer and meteor that arrives?

    I have exactly 0 meteors in my fleet ... the economy alone from this compared to everyone else who spends tens of thousands of credits in getting meteors for the speed race is enough to get Ursa .
    In fact that is the main reason I did start to not use a destroyer ... I know I will always shoot second, so if I use a destroyer I get at least 1 of the commanders blocked and useless (this happened even before FD) ...

    Btw you do realise that Ursa's release now was one of the cheapest 1st release ever, right? With about 31k/DNA ... exactly the price you are paying now for Dor, Maggie, etc and cheaper than FD's 34k/DNA in the last event ... talking about strategy and wallet
    I cant remember which one it was, but i got either Maggie or Dor for 10k credits, and Incendos when he was new for about 4k
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

    You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

  7. #27
    Section Leader Nopo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Currently somewhere in South East Asia
    Posts
    2,546
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I cant remember which one it was, but i got either Maggie or Dor for 10k credits, and Incendos when he was new for about 4k
    You were on the low side of the average cost. Happy for you

    Now it is possible to run a fleet without destroyers EVEN before FD came.

    As shown by Bodgan. His fleet is not weak.

    Running a fleet without a destroyer takes more thought and strategising.

    To some it is obvious how to run it. To others it is not. Some can connect the dots while others need more thought. Let's just agree to disagree.

    Just the other day z3nithor shared something that was blinding obvious in hindsight that I went like Homer Simpson "Doh!"

    So the question by original poster is in 2 parts. 1) can he run a non-destroyer fleet 2) replace his existing destroyer Brom Bones with Roxy

    1) Run a non-destroyer fleet? Yes it is possible - with certain commanders that kill or weaken opponent fleet faster than he can kill you AND/OR strengthen OR protect your fleet survive long enough to win. Which ever way the combination of commanders that does the job will be chosen.

    IF it was absolutely not viable enough to survive without a destroyer, Bodgan and others like him would have given up.

    2) Brom Bones vs Roxy: hard to say. Would also depend on the situation with the rest of the fleet. Myself? I would choose Alfred over Roxy for his greater damage potential. Still Roxy with her 1M Holy Damage, she is viable as a damage dealer. In terms of assistance to the rest of the fleet - I don't rate her increase hit rate that highly /now/ BUT for fleets that need that extra boost of hit rate increase it sure helps. I myself ran Roxy for sometime until I was able to increase my fleet's hit rate sufficiently high enough to not miss most of the time.
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

  8. #28
    Four-Star Admiral Hernan D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    752
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    You do realise I developed my strategy exactly because I don't want to spend on every flashy new destroyer and meteor that arrives?

    I have exactly 0 meteors in my fleet ... the economy alone from this compared to everyone else who spends tens of thousands of credits in getting meteors for the speed race is enough to get Ursa .
    In fact that is the main reason I did start to not use a destroyer ... I know I will always shoot second, so if I use a destroyer I get at least 1 of the commanders blocked and useless (this happened even before FD) ...

    Btw you do realise that Ursa's release now was one of the cheapest 1st release ever, right? With about 31k/DNA ... exactly the price you are paying now for Dor, Maggie, etc and cheaper than FD's 34k/DNA in the last event ... talking about strategy and wallet
    I've spent the total of 0 credits for my 5 R6 Meteors

    Maggie and Dor are not 31k, they are between 20/25k a chip.

    I disagree with the argument about playing without a destroyer. Even if it's to block the rival destroyer, you need one.

    Making an argument with Ursa and Azrael is not serious. If you have Ursa and Azrael, make not mistake that you would be stronger with a destroyer also, than without.
    Hernan D.s430
    World 230 iOS

  9. #29
    Section Leader Lola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,041
    How did you get your meteors for 0 Credits, Hernan? Refining?

    Yeah... especially with the Fleet killer that is FD, you pretty much need one... as far in the back as possible.
    Lola.s86 Galaxy86 (Android)
    Media Section Leader

  10. #30
    One-Star Admiral
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Hernan D View Post
    I've spent the total of 0 credits for my 5 R6 Meteors

    Maggie and Dor are not 31k, they are between 20/25k a chip.

    I disagree with the argument about playing without a destroyer. Even if it's to block the rival destroyer, you need one.

    Making an argument with Ursa and Azrael is not serious. If you have Ursa and Azrael, make not mistake that you would be stronger with a destroyer also, than without.
    You realise that a destoryer in a fleet like mine is just a filler ship? Something that does only normal attacks just because it is blocked by the enemy FD and I would never ever hit first? By the time I kill the enemy destroyer either mine is dead or either Ursa or Alfred can finish the job in 99% of the cases. For the remaining 1% of the situations it would be a waste of credits to play that much for FD. Basically I would play 3v5 instead of the 4v5 that I play now (considering the situation where FD is put in a position that kills my ship 1st round because it hit something else than Ursa).

    P.S. 25k/chip is only 5k less then Ursa's 30k ... so not that much big of a difference anyway. If we were to compare 25k to 40k then yes, I could understand your argument of "too expensive"
    богдан.s387/World 187/iOS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •