Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing without destroyer, is it good? Brom vs roxy

One-Star Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by ASR1927 View Post
    And how many players has Ursa? Sure Ursa can block him. Stratus can lock him, Retrobot can deplete. All of this if lucky.
    But I wouldn't count on it
    And how many players have FD and wonder if they should play it or not? If you are to buy them now, I think Ursa might even be cheaper than FD.

Lucky is having a 30% chance to dodge Azrael effect and surviving is luck, having around 150% chance to block after he fires his special ... that's no luck for Ursa, that's the commander's properties. Not to mention true damage works best with this guy ... 700% boost in true damage is not a small amount.
    If you are going with FD vs enemy FD, you basically are at the direct mercy of positioning and speed ... and I doubt many have lvl10 R7 meteors so that they don't worry about speed at all

Quote Originally Posted by Hernan D View Post
    Exactly.

And what if Ursa missed one of those blocks? He would be gone in an instant
    Totally wrong ... Ursa has built-in 30% s-atk reduction ... he can safely survive an equally powerful FD. If you actually notice that FD doesn't even take half of Ursa's HP when it is blocked (Krill not triggered), this means even a full hit wouldn't kill Ursa without blocking (not to mention 150% chance to block is a 99% certain block vs any FD of equal power).
    богдан.s387/World 187/iOS

Well I think FD has a great value why if you can kill him fast as he has low dodge and block you should be okay, but a destroyer you always need being it Incendos, Joya or FD. I had Incendos and dropped him for FD while I must say I always loved Incendos as he can kill a few ships at once. Yes some other commanders are great along a destroyer but I think without a destroyer you won't come that far. I for one like Alfred a lot and Stratus as they can deal some great damage.
    World684(iOS) - Lvl 110
    Fleet: Elena [+15], Nicholas [+15], Richard[+15], Roland (SS)[+15] and Slade (T5)[+15].

I agree with darre you need Jackie. I posted a video in AoW group where I beat a player 150M more force than me. He had no destroyer, I have FD.
    so you also joined the dark side? ohh

yes playing without destroyer almost impossible ..destroyer is a must

look at me, I have 2 in my setup (very bad.. but still somehow works ok-ish)
    Last edited by Frankie; November 14th, 2016 at 14:18.
    Frankie.s214 , World 1117\ Merged, Android
    PVP: Sniper Ursa [ +7], Dark Russian [+7], Crazy Frog [+7], Handsome Evil [ +7], FS [+7]

No longer playing GL ...

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post

Psh.. look who's talking ... Handsome )
    Lola.s86 Galaxy86 (Android)
    Media Section Leader

Well 2 destroyers means typically massive damage hence not that bad. Incendos and FD always good to have them and I used them as well both at time, they get the job done at times.
    World684(iOS) - Lvl 110
    Fleet: Elena [+15], Nicholas [+15], Richard[+15], Roland (SS)[+15] and Slade (T5)[+15].

One-Star Admiral
    I find it funny how all of you say it's a must to have a destroyer and won't even consider admitting other possibilities exist despite being shown otherwise.
    I don't say my way is better, but it is a possibility that's it, and it exists and it is as viable as the "get FD only to counter enemy FD" (even better in certain setups I believe).

How about 452M (no FD) vs 743M (with FD) ... and how about Ursa not even blocking FD's first shot ... you still think "it's impossible to survive without block"?
    https://youtu.be/ikiATHjk0nc

If I had FD in this situation I would have most certainly lost ... shooting second, having my FD block by the enemy ... but I know, I know "it's a must to have a destro, you can't do anything without it!".

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post

Yes there was this crazy Slovak with FD that made sushi of me in Pandora. So I was thinking, if you can't beat them join them! But it was before Bogdans Hulk Ursa

One-Star Admiral
    Yes there was this crazy Slovak with FD that made sushi of me in Pandora. So I was thinking, if you can't beat them join them! But it was before Bogdans Hulk Ursa
    My Ursa is small compared to other's ... check Sennie's and Z3n's in AoW ... z3n's Ursa made a sushi out of my team (including Ursa) this morning

One-Star Admiral Vitaliy Medvedev's Avatar
    If you want to play successfully against FD without destroyers you should create a team with ultra dodge skill.
    nihilant.s328 World128(IOS)

One-Star Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitaliy Medvedev View Post
    If you want to play successfully against FD without destroyers you should create a team with ultra dodge skill.
    Tried that ... didn't work because of Dor and Roxy ... went to the next best thing ... Block. At the moment there is no commander boosting penetration so "block" is way harder to contain. Except freezing/locking nothing can bypass it.