Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Playing without destroyer, is it good? Brom vs roxy

Playing without destroyer, is it good? Brom vs roxy

I replaced brom+5 (lt jackie+1) with roxy+2(lt zaffrey+0).
    I have slightly more power now but i miss jackie especially against FD.
    I have 2 rover now.
    Can i handle without jackie?
    What you think?
    FS+5, Dor+7, Maggie+6, Raksha+7 [krill+7], Joya+6

Imho it's impossible to play without a destroyer because of Jackie, or you need to be able to take opponent's destroyer out very fast.
    I tried it for a while on a secondary account, not to my satisfaction so after 10days i took back the destroyer in my pvp fleet
    darre.s90 world 993 android
    Raksha +12 , Richard +13 , Azrael +12 , Queen Reindeer +12 , Kate +12

Respect is the keyword of civilisation

I agree with darre you need Jackie. I posted a video in AoW group where I beat a player 150M more force than me. He had no destroyer, I have FD.

Quote Originally Posted by ASR1927 View Post
    I agree with darre you need Jackie. I posted a video in AoW group where I beat a player 150M more force than me. He had no destroyer, I have FD.
    While I agree that having a destroyer is important ... the defeat of a stronger player while having FD doesn't hold much water.
    FD and Azrael do exactly that... allow you to defeat stronger players in force. Their specials making the enemy weaker.
    Lola.s86 Galaxy86 (Android)
    Media Section Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    While I agree that having a destroyer is important ... the defeat of a stronger player while having FD doesn't hold much water.
    FD and Azrael do exactly that... allow you to defeat stronger players in force. Their specials making the enemy weaker.
    It's just because of this that you need a destroyer, to nerf all the FD out there. Before FD you could make it without Jackie nerf. These days I wouldn't recommend it.

You don't need a destroyer itself but you need Jackie and since he is limited to destroyer type there is nothing to do but to go with destroyer.

One-Star Admiral
    ASR, I don't really feel a destroyer is a must anymore. It was for 2 months after FD was released, but now Ursa can tank FD pretty well and survive to tell the story

https://youtu.be/fQwrRDSjFd8
    богдан.s387/World 187/iOS

Yeah... block has always been FD's weakness.
    Lola.s86 Galaxy86 (Android)
    Media Section Leader

FD with a few stacks becomes a super protector so i wouldn't recommend facing him without the chance to ever block him. I use a destroyer and Jackie with my destroyer well hidden. Its game over then to who ever loses their destroyer first as the charged Acc guarantees the next shot from either destroyer is a one shot kill.
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    ASR, I don't really feel a destroyer is a must anymore. It was for 2 months after FD was released, but now Ursa can tank FD pretty well and survive to tell the story

https://youtu.be/fQwrRDSjFd8
    And how many players has Ursa? Sure Ursa can block him. Stratus can lock him, Retrobot can deplete. All of this if lucky.
    But I wouldn't count on it

Quote Originally Posted by ASR1927 View Post
    And how many players has Ursa? Sure Ursa can block him. Stratus can lock him, Retrobot can deplete. All of this if lucky.
    But I wouldn't count on it
    Exactly.

And what if Ursa missed one of those blocks? He would be gone in an instant
    Hernan D.s430
    World 230 iOS