Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Commander Focus #20: Anatoli

Galactic Chairman

Commander Focus #20: Anatoli

Anatoli.jpg

Hello, Commanders.

In this week handbook we are going to discuss about Anatoli, a commander that I don't have, but gives me bad dreams as enemy, so I'll use my point of view as Anatoli's enemy. When Anatoli was released I read his special and saw that big Shield, which increases his defense potential according with the augument level; it starts at 3M, goes to 4M at +3, 5M at +5, 6M at +7 and ends with 7M at +10.

My first thoughts, when I've seen Anatoli, were about Katiya Storm's shield, that usually was being easily destroyed. Ok, Katiya's shield is only 2.6M HP strong, but the logic behind both shield being destroyed easily is the same: Multi targets specials. When you have many allies alive and with a lot of cross attackers that we have now a days, it's not hard to hit 3 targets at a time and break the shield fast, specialty when we do a critical attack in at least one of the targets. I think that was the most common feedback I've seen back in time.

Although, I disagree with this analysis of Anatoli special and I'll back to Katiya to start to defend my point. Before I'm going to say that last league was the first time I stayed out of top 50. I can say in my defense that in the last 10 minutes I couldn't use my attacks, because the game was too slow, so the 3 attacks I've had were wasted and I lost top 50 because of 8 points, but my biggest problem was ANATOLI. Suddenly I was losing against a lot of people that never had beaten me because of one new commander.

Ok... back to Katiya. I don't know how long you guys play, but back in time 197911 was practically indestructible, but suddenly Skverl beat him once in CCC top 32 competition. The world (that plays GL in Android not Chinese version ) was shocked with that. But how that happens? Four of Skverl's commanders were dead and as Katiya was the only alive the 2.6M shield "was focused" in only on commander. We were all level 90 at that time, so we can compare that shield with a 6M or even 7M. But it was not only the shield that did the job, but also Katiya's def buff of 50%. What I want to say here is that the big shield makes us to be amazed by it, but Katiya's biggest advantage is the def buff. Because of it he could sustain the shield and put it back because the accumulator could be filled fast, as he was alone.

With Anatoli the logical is quite similar. It's not only the shield that makes him strong, but also the ability to give 100% critical to 3 random allies. Believe me, if you don't kill Anatoli fast he will become a huge problem after 3 rounds or if he gives the 100% critical to the right person. I hate when he gives that critical chance to Stratus and he just kills everybody he hits in my formation. That critical chance is even a bigger problem when there are only 3 commanders in Anatoli side, as everybody starts to do critical shots and can break your team apart.

I see Anatoli, before the battle starts, as a supporter. The idea I would have with him is: he needs to stay in a position that will not die fast, I can't count with the critical, as it is random, so I have to use his shield in a way he will make my commanders sustain enemies' special and continue alive. But after the beginning of the battle he becomes a tanker, as the enemies normally will not have their specials for some rounds and normal hits will have a very hard time to break the shield. If Anatoli is in a good position he can sustain the attacks and renew the shield every one or two rounds and this is a big problem. If you don't kill Anatoli fast he can win the battle practically alone tanking for one or 2 of his allies, and if you don't have a disable alive he can even win the battle alone.

The most common outcome I was having last league, before I could adapt better to face Anatoli was: I start with FD and the enemy hides his FD. If I didn't kill Anatoli or FD in the first round or in the beginning of second round my FD's buff would end and Anatoli's 100% critical buff would make my FD an easy target, so the enemy would kill him and his/her FD would destroy my entire fleet. That was and still is very common to happen in the league. So why didn't I get Anatoli? Because I didn't have credits or money when he was released (). But also because I play offensively, so for me it's boring to think in more defensive strategies. I just want to enter and kill all the enemies fast, so Stratus, Azrael and FD are a better fit for me, as I stick with my Dark Lazarus mainly because of speed advantage. But I would definitely want Anatoli in my team against faster people.

Other very important things to consider:
    1 - Anatoli is a rover, so he can benefits from Viollete speed buff if she is +4 and in your lieutnant list;
    2 - Differently from Geoffrey Rovers can’t be blocked, so kit will not be a problem for him;
    3 - Anatoli’s shield can create a combo with other shields like: Geoffrrey’s, Moracle’s, Lance’s and others, except Katiya’s.
    4 - As Anatoli’s shield is a team buff Vitos and Hartmman can’t remove the shield.

And you? Do you have Anatoli? If you don't, do you want him? If you have, can you put your feedback here? As I don't have Anatoli this handbook needs more feedback of his owners, as for every commander to work we need to make exchange, as, for example: leave another commander more exposed, delay your disable to be fired, hide a very strong and offensive destroyer, etc. Come and let's construct a more complete analysis about this great commander.

See you in the Galaxy.

PS: I’d like to give a special thanks to Nachteule for have helped me to review the text and add more informations. I didn’t put all his feedback, so he can come in the topic and write a few for us to learn more from him.
    Galactic Chairman

Good summary! From my perspective of GL I really have trouble with Geoffry and Anatoli in one fleet. If they combine their shields you need huge firepower to get through. You mentioned the great benefit of Anatoli, that his shield can not be blocked, but we should consider that with Azrael we already have the first "blocker" for him.

I can't even imagine fighting against a faster guy that has both Anatoli and Geoffrey at high augmentation levels.
    Lola.s86 Galaxy86 (Android)
    Media Section Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    I can't even imagine fighting against a faster guy that has both Anatoli and Geoffrey at high augmentation levels.
    Its very difficult! If you dont kill either Anatoli or Geoffrey fast its game over.
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

I have Anatoli. Got him because no augmentation cap restriction on him like Geoffrey - that was a plus for me. Geoffrey's max augmentation before Lv100 was +4, no restriction on Anatoli.

I also noticed that if opponent's Geoffrey is the only ship left and Acc'tan has triggered 5-10 rounds already, they would still lose (when I challenged). Geoffrey alone can't deal 6-7M damage, single-shot in 2 rounds before Anatoli puts up another shield

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoga View Post
    Good summary! From my perspective of GL I really have trouble with Geoffry and Anatoli in one fleet. If they combine their shields you need huge firepower to get through. You mentioned the great benefit of Anatoli, that his shield can not be blocked, but we should consider that with Azrael we already have the first "blocker" for him.
    Yes, with Azrael we have a blocker for every ship
    Hernan D.s430
    World 230 iOS

I have anatoli , i very glad

If I don't remember wrong Skverl won that classic battle mainly thanks to Acc'tan superdef on Katya Storm?

Так то хороший командир, но дороговат.

Galactic Chairman
    Quote Originally Posted by ASR1927 View Post
    If I don't remember wrong Skverl won that classic battle mainly thanks to Acc'tan superdef on Katya Storm?
    And Katyia bonus def. 197 was using a destroyer (Incendos, if I'm not wrong), but he couldn't make enough damage to break the shield. =)
    Galactic Chairman