Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 45

Thread: Vitos

  1. #1
    Two-Star Admiral Triad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Siberia
    Posts
    431

    Exclamation Vitos

    As we are at celestial portal, got Vitos today..?
    What's your opinion on "Vitos bomb" that removes all buffs/debuffs and so on. Thinking on replacing Lance since both are rangers..?
    Is his bomb good for opposite FD...? Heard that it is..?
    Triad.s729, world684(Android)
    Raksha[+13]/Lt. Herbert, Nicholas[+12]/Lt. Knous, Caroline[+10]/Lt. Kit, Ellena[+10]/Lt. Cynthia, Slade T-II[+10]/Lt. Louise

  2. #2
    Super Moderator z3nithor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    w747 / w928 / w1086
    Posts
    869
    Vitos is a good choice for denying both FD and the new Ursa.
    FD will lose his near-invincibility, as the plundered defensive attributes are removed from FD (but not restored to your fleet). Opponent Ursa will lose his mega-damage, and you will un-link opposing ships.

    If you use Alfred, it is tough to use Vitos, as you remove the curse you placed. Similarly for Queen Emma, Zach, Stratus, Maggie...
    time's up.

  3. #3
    Two-Star Admiral Triad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Siberia
    Posts
    431
    No, will use Armoray instead of Zach, what's up with Armoray in this case. Almost non usable Vitos is getting its chance again, and on big time commanders. Glad to see this happening. So your opinion is that it's good for Lance replacement..? Or someone other from my fleet..?

    Must quote Bogdan on Vitos earlier now and ask for your opinion

    Quite Bogdan on Vitos:
    "The problem with at least one of those is it would diminish highly the value of new commanders. I'm talking about Vitos.
    Having a commander that removes the buffs from Dor, Roxy, Geoffrey would be very useful. But at the same time you wouldn't be able to pair him with Stratus and Maggie ... So it impacts all new commanders too much for them to risk putting him back in for sale.
    This is my theory at least."

    If this is the case for Ursa and Geofrey, then I must admit, I'm starting to dangerously like Tap4Fun strategy...!
    Almost to the moment that they maybe wrongfully got their nickname Tap4$...

    What's your others experiences with Vitos, those that have him..? :-D
    Triad.s729, world684(Android)
    Raksha[+13]/Lt. Herbert, Nicholas[+12]/Lt. Knous, Caroline[+10]/Lt. Kit, Ellena[+10]/Lt. Cynthia, Slade T-II[+10]/Lt. Louise

  4. #4
    Super Moderator z3nithor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    w747 / w928 / w1086
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    No, will use Armoray instead of Zach, what's up with Armoray in this case. Almost non usable Vitos is getting its chance again, and on big time commanders. Glad to see this happening. So your opinion is that it's good for Lance replacement..? Or someone other from my fleet..?

    Must quote Bogdan on Vitos earlier now and ask for your opinion

    Quite Bogdan on Vitos:
    "The problem with at least one of those is it would diminish highly the value of new commanders. I'm talking about Vitos.
    Having a commander that removes the buffs from Dor, Roxy, Geoffrey would be very useful. But at the same time you wouldn't be able to pair him with Stratus and Maggie ... So it impacts all new commanders too much for them to risk putting him back in for sale.
    This is my theory at least."

    If this is the case for Ursa and Geofrey, then I must admit, I'm starting to dangerously like Tap4Fun strategy...!
    Almost to the moment that they maybe wrongfully got their nickname Tap4$...

    What's your others experiences with Vitos, those that have him..? :-D
    If you face Geoffrey, Dor, Roxy, Ursa, or FD, Vitos has a place in your fleet. I face an opponent who happily uses Vitos+6, Stratus, FD, and Armoray, despite Vitos 100% removing locks, plundered DEF, and DEF-down from his other big commanders. Put it this way - the buff dispel comes last. So if you use Vitos to bat cleanup after Stratus... that's 60/80/100% defense gone when Vitos is attacking. It helps, guaranteed. And if Vitos is firing last... odds are the opponent already cleared the locks (unless you are $ and have 2-turn debuffs from $tratu$....)

    Alfred and Vitos are hard to synergize though, due to the activation delay. All other combos are not hurt so much.

    Summary:
    Using Alfred or 2-turn debuffs? Skip on Vitos
    Not using Alfred? Vitos can work for you. Some battles he will strip your debuffs, but if the opponent has heavy buffs, its all gravy
    time's up.

  5. #5
    Three-Star Admiral ASR1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    732
    Thing with Vitos is that he also remove all friendly buffs from targets just like z say so he can be good food you but also bad for you. Complete the gambling to use him.

  6. #6
    Galactic Chairman Pliusomiot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    MDA
    Posts
    922
    I'd be happy to get Vitos from portal, and definitely I'd find him a place in my PvP fleet.
    All recently (this year) released commanders have a set of side effects that are really annoying and Vitos is perhaps the only working option i have to counteract them. the other one is to buy those commanders but...
    a) there is no point to do so as next month a 300$ commander bought today will become obsolete and
    b) there are much better ways to spend my money

    Overall, the day when I'll get Vitos from portal I'll add him gladly to my base PvP fleet. hopefully I'll not get Alfred from portal in the meantime
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

  7. #7
    Three-Star Admiral darre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by Pliusomiot View Post

    Overall, the day when I'll get Vitos from portal I'll add him gladly to my base PvP fleet. hopefully I'll not get Alfred from portal in the meantime
    That must be the first i see someone hoping on not getting Alfred for free
    darre.s90 world 993 android
    Raksha +12 , Richard +13 , Azrael +12 , Queen Reindeer +12 , Kate +12

    Respect is the keyword of civilisation

  8. #8
    Section Leader Nopo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Currently somewhere in South East Asia
    Posts
    2,550
    Quote Originally Posted by darre View Post
    That must be the first i see someone hoping on not getting Alfred for free
    The meta game has changed. Vitos with his debuff is the needed one now
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

  9. #9
    Four-Star Admiral Hernan D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    752
    Quote Originally Posted by Nopo View Post
    The meta game has changed. Vitos with his debuff is the needed one now
    Nah, Alfred is much much better

    Vitos is fun to play, but nothing more. If you use him with Stratus and/or Maggie you are going to hate him
    Hernan D.s430
    World 230 iOS

  10. #10
    Three-Star Admiral darre's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by Nopo View Post
    The meta game has changed. Vitos with his debuff is the needed one now
    Isn't it weird that now almost everyone wants a commander that was once told to be the weakest elemental commander
    darre.s90 world 993 android
    Raksha +12 , Richard +13 , Azrael +12 , Queen Reindeer +12 , Kate +12

    Respect is the keyword of civilisation

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •