Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commander Focus #19: Fearsome Devil

Galactic Chairman

Commander Focus #19: Fearsome Devil

Screenshot_20170529-212337.jpg

Hello Commanders,

This week we're going to talk about the monster that bring back the destroyers for the strongest formations: Fearsome Devil (FD). In the last article we talked about Joya, that, making the history short, is a very powerful destroyer, but not incredible enough to completely turns Incendos in history. In my opinion, the main fact for that is because she doesn't have any buff or debuff, abilities that are present in the newest and strongest commanders. To compensate that FD came with a lot of buffs (def, sdef and edef) and the ability to recover 100 acc after his special even if he is not augumented (that used to be the great and unique ability in Kerom). This capability makes FD have a great defense in the first round even when he is hit by a +10 Stratus, who reduces the enemy def to 0.

To be honest, I really hated FD when I first saw him. The reason is that after a lot of great changes in the game with commanders like Stratus, Alfred, Maggie, Geoffrey and many others people were using again Hunter and Khala, that are not fun and strategic commanders, but have a great speed. The fact is that if there isn't a really big different in power (not the pure force number) players that were faster and used FD could win practically all the battles. Just no strategy, just put FD to fire fist and watches him killing everynody. A easy way to prove that I'm right is the last CCC. A lot of SS commanders that lately were not a constant presence among the TOP 32 were back there and I truly believe FD is the reason.

After about a month that FD was released even if he is not changed he is not as decisive as before (he is still overpower and a must have!), because the good players are adapted to him. If you have watched (or watch) my battles in last CCC you will see the prove of what I'll say here. The newest metagame in the game is based on FD, when at least one of you have him.
    1 - You have FD and you're faster:
    1.1 If your enemy also has FD it's normally better to start with FD and try to kill the enemy's locker or his destroyer. Use Jackie as lieutnant to avoid the enemy to fire with his;
    1.2 If your enemy doesn't have FD it's normally better to start with FD and don't use Jackie as lieutnant, so your enemy destroyer can fire his special and doesn't keep locking your FD with his Jackie.
    2 - You have FD and you're slower:
    The main rule here is: Hide your FD as much as possible if your enemy starts with his FD (normally he will).
    2.1 If your enemy has FD too he will probably starts with him, so your FD needs to be alive with Jackie avoid his FD to fires special. In this situation his FD will normally be in a vulnerable position, so you have to lock him and try to kill or, at least, avoid him to block with your's FD special, as if he is locked his Jackie will not be activated. Keep in mind that his FD will have a big def and sdef buff, so kill him in 1 round is difficult if you don't have Stratus;
    2.2 If your enemy doesn't have FD he will probably blocks yours with Jackie for the first round, but if he doesn't succeed to destroy your FD the biggest chance is that he will lose for him.
    FD is so strong that even in the top tiers battles he can win by himself if the enemy can't avoid him to continually fires special.
    A really bad thing about FD in my opinion is that his def debuff overwrites another previous def debuff, even when the text of his special says it should stack. So if you starts with Stratus and FD fires in sequence you'll lose the bigger debuff from Stratus. That's boring specialty for people that has Stratus +15, as his debuff would work for 2 rounds. An example of this is 197911, that has Stratus +15 and hides his FD intentionally, so doesn't loses his Stratus debuff, his commanders have enough HP to normaly survives a FD that is below +12 and he can protects his FD to keep blocking the enemy's FD with his Jackie.
    For you to see my insights in the real game I'd like to recommend my fights in CCC. Note that in all my battles I was slower, so I tried to hide my FD and hit the enemy's FD with my stratus to kill him, except when I had a feeling that the enemy would not start with his FD, so I could use mine to beat him. I'll try to upload my battles in youtube and put the link here when possible.
    I could keep writing about FD for some other pages, as he had a really big impact in the game, although I'll end this article remembering that included in all his greatness he also has a high Hit Rate, so bet that you'll dodge him is really risky, a really high anticritical, that makes him even more resistant when he has his special buffs, but he doesn't have an incredible penetration, so try to block his special to survive is a very valid strategy very well used for some players in the Galaxy League.
    Even if I've wrote a lot (:P) I'd like to read your feedback about the Fearsome Devil. Do you have him yet? Hates him because of your enemy's Fearsome? Do you have other strategies to counter him? Do you want to add more information I forgot? You're very welcome to contribute to the article.

See you in the Galaxy.

PS: You can read the great CCC Analysis made by Nachteule in this link http://galaxylegend.tap4fun.com/foru...-100-(Android)
    Last edited by Anakin; May 30th, 2017 at 00:42.
    Galactic Chairman

Thanks for the run down on Fearsome Devil and while I do have him that is not a guarantee to win as I am typically the slower person when I am in a battle. The reason for that is I intentionally remain for now at lvl 99 and I only have one R6 Meteor while opponents typically have Sky Trail galactonite and are faster than me. I do agree that with Stratus you can do a lot of good and this is also how I try to play it to my advantage. For me the typical Commander that make the difference is Alfred (+Krill) and I have made sure his block and dodge are as high as can get these currently. I hoping to make him +7 one day. When it comes to speedy Commanders I am not sure if I can do better on that, but I am interested in your battles hence the links would be appreciated. :-)
    World684(iOS) - Lvl 110
    Fleet: Elena [+15], Nicholas [+15], Richard[+15], Roland (SS)[+15] and Slade (T5)[+15].

Would not using Static Stat Boosting Galactonite help against fighting him? Less stats to suck?

I have FD and he really boosted by chances to win. Before i was at the end of food chain and beaten by many fancy commanders. As I do not spend enough to make a difference (just month cards + few beers).
    Eventhoug I am can be faster in most of my GL matches I still use strategy to protect him and go for long run. Why?
    - Because you never know if you are faster
    - I don’t have better ships as the one I have
    So I don’t want to block enemy Destroyer with my FD and cause lock down .. because I have 2 destroyers (Incendos) and I would lose lot of fire power if they are blocked.
    My tactics is
    - fire first and use Geofrey +7 shields to protect rest of my ships as long as it gets..
    - Use FD as second Kit+4 Lt. to block enemy protector, since many have Geofrey I mimic the Dor function where I block him in each round so my ships have chance to kill opponent ships
    - 3rd is my Incendos with Jackie to block enemy destroyer special
    - I use Sirene as 4th ship to try to dodge as many bullets as possible ..

I will be looking for some replacement of my Incendos or Sirene in future, but at this moment is all what i can afford ...
    Frankie.s214 , World 1117\ Merged, Android
    PVP: Sniper Ursa [ +7], Dark Russian [+7], Crazy Frog [+7], Handsome Evil [ +7], FS [+7]

No longer playing GL ...

Section Leader
    Maybe the best non war destroyer, right guys?
    Best Regards,

General Discussion Section Leader

Admin in the Foundation Group: The Asylum for Best Warriors Advice

Any ideas when he Come back to buy?

This week or next.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Oooo do i replace Joya or carry on waiting........
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

The question is how much and can I afford him ? :-D
    FD is the reason why I have reactivated Valerie ;-)

Section Leader
    Now my FD have 1005 anticritical so will be hard to be defeated
    Best Regards,

General Discussion Section Leader

Admin in the Foundation Group: The Asylum for Best Warriors Advice