Thread: Commander Focus #12: Warden

Galactic Chairman

Commander Focus #12: Warden

Screenshot_20160613-222413.jpg
    Screenshot_20160613-222438.jpg

Hello, Commander.

This week we are going to discuss about Warden.

Warden first came in February and brought a incredible defensive special that increases both block rate and sdef from the fleet by 30%. When I first saw that commander I was amazed by him and decided to buy, but as I normally play with offensive formations it was difficult for me to find him a definitive place in my main fleet.

When I started to analyse the reasons about why I wasn't being able to make Warden fit great in my formation is that I was not prepared to put him to fire as first or as second commander. I'm not trying to say that he only works in this specific way, but as he increases the sdef his skill will make a better job when most of the enemies didn't fire their special. With that said I believe my main problem is that I had other offensive commanders and my strategy was built thinking about them, when I believe for you to get the best from Warden you need to think on how the others will be assisted by him. Warden is great to combo with a lot of commanders and can make your team survive a lot, if they have a good base block rate.

Another great aspect about this great protector is that we don't have an offensive buff that increases Penetration, so it's difficult to counter his block rate defensive buff, differently from dodge, for example, that we have commanders like Hunter and the newest Dor that can increase your hit rate.

I believe one of the best example about how your strategy needs to turn around Warden when you want to take the max from him is Jane B strategy. If we remember Jane's battles Warden helped to beat even fleets with SS commanders. This Player really took the max from the commander.

So we have a great defensive commander, but using him we need to sacrifice a part of our attack power on early stage, so we need to evaluate if that's good considering all the aspects of our fleet. We need to take in consideration that he has a low atk power and his Vertical Special will normally overcharges enemy's special without, normally, causing a big damage.

In conclusion, I see Warden as an incredible commander in theory, but in practice he is not easy to fit in any fleet in a way he can be feared.

I believe this time we can have a great discussion about this tank and you can bring a great feedback, as I think Warden is a tricky commander to analyse. Count on you guys!!

See you in the Galaxy!
    Last edited by Anakin; June 14th, 2016 at 01:26.
    Galactic Chairman

Hi I have Warden and I agree with you. He limits the formation setup. I would like to go with him first to get the s-def before enemy firing but for natural reasons he has to wait until after the destroyer. But it really limits my formation options. Incendos has to go first because of enemy Jackie and so he can benefit from enemy high accumulator during first round and after that it's always Warden.

It limits me and make me predictable, not good at all. Warden himself is great at block and counter but the counter just charge enemy accumulator. He's support with block buff is great when running commanders with good base block like Cryptor. Also he is slightly faster than many commanders and also has high hit rate.

But I think that I have to replace him with a commander with better attack and that don't limits my formation setup.

I have Warden and when he first came out i was so impressed with him. His block was so impressive that i was countering almost every attack. He was my first commander to +6 and was making a huge difference in the Pandora.

But that was very short lived. Geoffrey came out only a few months after Warden and for the same price. He has made Warden look so outdated he might as well have been released a year ago.

I was top of the arena even with second shot and didnt have to worry about commander positions as i was just out right more powerful with over 60 million force more then my next opponent. Then that opponent got Geoffrey.....oh how that all changed!! He is still 60M less then me but with his first shot can beat me easily. Thats how much a difference these new commanders make.

Moral of this tap4fun story...nothing lasts....im surprised Incendos is still number 1
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

He is #2 protector in S-class ships....his 30% extra block helps a lot

PRINCE.s737 World695 Android

Section Leader
    Warden can help us if we paired him with acctan +4 for sure
    Best Regards,

General Discussion Section Leader

Admin in the Foundation Group: The Asylum for Best Warriors Advice

Here is my review of Warden.

My main fleet consists of FS, FD, Warden, Daleks and Zach. So far Warden is my favorite protector even though I have Geoffrey. I admit I win more battles with Geoffrey but Warden's skill is more fun for me. He increases S-Def of all ships by 30% for 2 rounds and block by 30% for 1 round which is suprisingly enough for my ships to survive for another round (except for opponents that have <100 million of force and up than me). All of my ships have r6 phantom so that I may increase their chance to block attacks even more. Now when it comes to FD I believe that FD overrides Warden's block buff and vise versa since they are both the same buff (please correct me if I am wrong) which I do not mind since FD will always have the block buff always (unless blocked by jackie). When it comes to shooting order I have FD with Jackie to block destroyers first because I don't like them. Then Zach with kit to block protectors (I cross my fingers that my opponents protector shoots 3rd lol) and then Warden 3rd for the buff then FS and last Daleks. I may not have the best fleet but I'm happy that it can stand up against opponents with the same force or slightly higher. When I get the chance I would swap Zach with Dor and still kit as Lt and Daleks with Fitzgerald, and that my friends is my dream squad.
    8008135.s908 World587[IOS]

One-Star Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by 8008135 View Post
    Here is my review of Warden.

My main fleet consists of FS, FD, Warden, Daleks and Zach. So far Warden is my favorite protector even though I have Geoffrey. I admit I win more battles with Geoffrey but Warden's skill is more fun for me. He increases S-Def of all ships by 30% for 2 rounds and block by 30% for 1 round which is suprisingly enough for my ships to survive for another round (except for opponents that have <100 million of force and up than me). All of my ships have r6 phantom so that I may increase their chance to block attacks even more. Now when it comes to FD I believe that FD overrides Warden's block buff and vise versa since they are both the same buff (please correct me if I am wrong) which I do not mind since FD will always have the block buff always (unless blocked by jackie). When it comes to shooting order I have FD with Jackie to block destroyers first because I don't like them. Then Zach with kit to block protectors (I cross my fingers that my opponents protector shoots 3rd lol) and then Warden 3rd for the buff then FS and last Daleks. I may not have the best fleet but I'm happy that it can stand up against opponents with the same force or slightly higher. When I get the chance I would swap Zach with Dor and still kit as Lt and Daleks with Fitzgerald, and that my friends is my dream squad.
    At my tiny acc. he was my first "New Portal" Commander. I use him with Lily (wich I get 10 days later from Portal...lol..) Alfred and Ivan. I let Lily shoot first with Jackie on her and second shot is Warden, then Ivan behind Warden. Then Alfred and at least the FS
    With this Strategy it's early enough to benefit from the SDEF Buff and his Block Buff works pretty well with Lily Base Block and Alfred too for sure. A Block/Pen R6 on Lily and a R6 Lightstreak on Alfred then the Block Counter Rain can get started^^ I use a R6 Dual with Block on Warden and Kit+4 too :-) Once Warden's Buff is running i'm in 75% of the fights are able to Block Geoffrey Shield the whole fight over ;-) Ivan behind Warden make the straight line in front of him weaker for 2 Rounds and give a way lesser dmg to Warden...
    I was very very lucky with the Meteors on this Account so mostly i shoot first. I'm REALY FAST!! In this cases i can easy beat Geoffrey and FD Fleets only because the Buffs from Warden. If Lily make a lock its awesome too and i even can beat S5 Commander Fleets too. Even if Warden dies again S5 Commander Fleets, then mostly Alfred survives and benefits at least minimum one round from Wardens Buffs. Then it goes BLOCK/COUNTER >> shoot SATK set the curse use the Elsa Buff on Alfred and the end is near for my opponents^^ I was realy pretty amused and surprised too how good this Combination works. And in this Fleet still is potential with a Ivan change^^ I have to say:"I found a great way to build a Fleet around him!" First it just was an experiment but with more and more experience i refine it and now I have a real strong "Low VIP" fleet buileded around him and i will stay with Warden at this account because I think with the new Level up to 110, the Dark Aeros and the Damonricks Armor 2. Warden is one the Commanders who gains a lot of these Stuff. And this all together with a good setup like mine, hihihi make Warden to a realy good and cheap Option in the Future when Geoffrey's Shields will be blast off easier and going down faster...
    Last edited by foolya; December 14th, 2016 at 02:24.
    Draconic s.334 - World 1237 - Android
    Fleet: Raksha+8,FD+7,Azrael+8,Ursa+8,FS+7
    Leut: Krill+7,Jackie+1,Kit+4,Elsa+4,Violette+4

KAOS s.332 - World 1235 - Android
    Fleet: Star Lord+8,Dor+7,Stratus+7,Aquos+8,FS+7
    Leut: Krill+7,Kit+4,Paccar+7,Zaffrey+4,Dingo+4

Section Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by foolya View Post
    At my tiny acc. he was my first "New Portal" Commander. I use him with Lily (wich I get 10 days later from Portal...lol..) Alfred and Ivan. I let Lily shoot first with Jackie on her and second shot is Warden, then Ivan behind Warden. Then Alfred and at least the FS
    With this Strategy it's early enough to benefit from the SDEF Buff and his Block Buff works pretty well with Lily Base Block and Alfred too for sure. A Block/Pen R6 on Lily and a R6 Lightstreak on Alfred then the Block Counter Rain can get started^^ I use a R6 Dual with Block on Warden and Kit+4 too :-) Once Warden's Buff is running i'm in 75% of the fights are able to Block Geoffrey Shield the whole fight over ;-) Ivan behind Warden make the straight line in front of him weaker for 2 Rounds and give a way lesser dmg to Warden...
    I was very very lucky with the Meteors on this Account so mostly i shoot first. I'm REALY FAST!! In this cases i can easy beat Geoffrey and FD Fleets only because the Buffs from Warden. If Lily make a lock its awesome too and i even can beat S5 Commander Fleets too. Even if Warden dies again S5 Commander Fleets, then mostly Alfred survives and benefits at least minimum one round from Wardens Buffs. Then it goes BLOCK/COUNTER >> shoot SATK set the curse use the Elsa Buff on Alfred and the end is near for my opponents^^ I was realy pretty amused and surprised too how good this Combination works. And in this Fleet still is potential with a Ivan change^^ I have to say:"I found a great way to build a Fleet around him!" First it just was an experiment but with more and more experience i refine it and now I have a real strong "Low VIP" fleet buileded around him and i will stay with Warden at this account because I think with the new Level up to 110, the Dark Aeros and the Damonricks Armor 2. Warden is one the Commanders who gains a lot of these Stuff. And this all together with a good setup like mine, hihihi make Warden to a realy good and cheap Option in the Future when Geoffrey's Shields will be blast off easier and going down faster...
    If you got them for free from portal then its good men. Warden can help but not too much
    Best Regards,

General Discussion Section Leader

Admin in the Foundation Group: The Asylum for Best Warriors Advice