Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rookie questions

Rookie questions

Hello guys and thank you for your guides ... learned a lot.

I have a couple of questions, though

Is it worth it to upgrade the Galactonite Center to lvl 14 at the expense of leveling up everything else ...to get a leg up in refining galactonite? (rushing it, basically ... I am level 71)

Is it worth it to upgrade cannons and kits first (over everything else) to get primus first place? I am already no2 usually .. first guy is a big spender that doesn't even have the usual formation. I mean... is it worth it to forego the upgrades that you get when you level up all your equipment evenly (the bonuses)?

Same with bossons? Get the guns and kits to 100? then, everything else? Or everything needs to be evened out (bonuses)?

Refining takes a long time to get any R6's so yes it is a good idea to get as early a start as possible. Unless you yourself are regular spender as many events allow you to get R5's and sometimes R6 for a fair price.

I probably did this wrong but impatience got the better of me. Upgrading the equipment to level 100 and then applying the plans to upgrade their level saves a lot of cubits...millions in fact. But it means you wont be scoring first on the Primus for a long time as the upgrade plans make a huge difference (roughly double each time). Getting first on Primus might actually save you more time when upgrading as you gain more cubits for the win. Also try to get the 25% kill markers as that extra income is handy even at level 100.

With the Bosons i levelled my cannons and kits first. This adds the most force so be careful when then attempting the Chaos Quasar. After that i did the engine for the extra HP and then Armour and last shield. The order doesnt really make a big difference in the long run of getting them all to 100 but the extra punch from the cannons is noticed.
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

Thank you for replying.

So... as long as I am first in PRIMUS ... i can postpone using plans on guns/kits...everything else doesn't matter anyhow.

I try to snipe the percentage marks ... but haven't found any successful way to do so.

So.. cannons and kits first for bossons, thanks.

Also wanted to ask. Save my mining/plunder permits for lvl 100? or use them now?

Yeah you can postpone if you are first in Primus. It is easier if you do a lot more damage then your other server players as that way you can do the damage when the marker is about to be hit. The easiest way to do this is to write down the full hp of Primus at the start of the battle (use the slow speed to to see the hp or record your screen and play it back later) From there you need to divide the total hp by 4. That gives you 25%. Double that number and thats 50%. Add the 50% and 25% numbers together and you get the 75%...easy.... from there just keep a keen eye on the remaining hp during the battles and either wait for turn to attack or use credits to fire again. It takes practise but is not too difficult.

As mentioned above more damage from the cannons and kits makes it easier to hit the 25% markers.

I would save all mining for level 100. This includes the rare mine deposits. Something else i didn't do on my way to 100, but a yellow mine yields more to a level 100 player compared to a level 70. Its a fine balance of holding stuff back for level 100 and not being too slow to use your supplies. I couldnt wait and was impatient and i lost a few supplies here and there. I have long since recovered so it may make no difference what so ever. Thats for yourself to decide.

One thing i couldnt stress enough....dont waste your credits. Getting even the latest commander here and now will most likely be obsolete by the time you get to 100. Dont try and win every event, you cant unless your pockets are deep. Spend wisely and you will be able to catch up to a lot of established level 100 players. Never spend on commanders that will only raise your game by a very small margin (like old commanders even if they are cheap). Only spend if it is really really needed.
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

Thank you again for all the info, it's very much appreciated.

Speaking of primus... i already have 5 R5 Deatheyes ... hopefully I can craft one more by using the galactonite center.
    Question is... what is the fastest way to get a hold of 5 Fissures? R5 and above?

Regarding supplies ... I don't really get what you are hinting at. Isn't it a good thing to do max alliance donation and use the supplies to get to 100 faster?

The only commander I want to spend credits on right now is Violette ... need her for my primus formation. I have Flynn, Thaddeus and Emma already... maybe I get lucky and get St.Nick for free tomorrow )

The other thing I might spend credits on is the above-mentioned 5 Fissures for Primus .. and PvP of course.

Do you have any idea of the cumulative credits one has to buy to reach VIP 5? I am just VIP 3 now (3100/4250).

I want to buy the Milena pack from the store (so I can use her as Flagship Lieutenant)... that will take me 7000 closer i guess.

Sorry if i did mislead you about gala center in my guide.
    It is worthy to go all way up to lvl 18 with it as I've learned recently that 7th and 8th gala slots are opened at building lvl 15 and 17 accordingly. I presume refining is still accessible after lvl 14 but can't test it.
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

I cant remember how many R5's it takes to make an r6...search the forum though and someone has answered it a few times! but its around 12. So each R6 takes roughly 2 month is you have enough r4's to turn into r5's and then into r6's (again about 12 r4's needed per r5 if you dont get any double bonuses). Dont salvage any galactonite that you have used galactonite energy to upgrade and so is higher then level 1, you dont get back the galactonite energy that was used to upgrade them. R5's is good for your level as the r6's will come soon enough. With the release of the r7's i really wouldnt recommend spending credits getting r6's as they will probably drop in price very soon.

I didnt mean those supplies. I meant mining supplies, i meant plunder and extra mining tokens.

Violette is also a good commander as she increases hit rate when she isnt being used for Primus. With the other 3 commanders you use for Primus you should expect some good damage returns. Look into the Cryptor + Cabal/Alfred combo for doing a lot more damage.

I dont know the answer to the VIP requirements anymore. IT might be worth searching the forum for that as well as im sure it has been answered.

Milena is good, but already there are a lot better lt's to use. I used to use Dingo but he is benched as i need more 'special skill' lt's like Jacky, Violette, Acc'tan etc. Milena only helps the FS where Violette helps all for example. There are plenty of better lt's to invest in.
    Kris.s3 World 906

So I'm a bit confused... should I rush Gala Center to lvl 14 or go about my business, upgrading the citadel and the buildings required for the mission side-tasks?

I already got the info from the forum about how much and how many things I need for the refining process

I thought that Cryptor got nerfed?
    Are you talking about this setup?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6nn3jKqCEU
    or this one?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOpDguCyJW0

I was planning to get Violette .. should I get Cryptor instead? (I have cabal too). BTW.. is this a HIGH level formation only? Or does it work at low levels too? As in, better than violette, thadd, emma, flynn/st.nick?

Milena comes for free when I purchase 7k credits... they give you twice the amount of credits, some other stuff and milena (just for purchasing credits)
    Last edited by Lola; September 6th, 2016 at 18:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    One thing i couldnt stress enough....dont waste your credits. Getting even the latest commander here and now will most likely be obsolete by the time you get to 100. Dont try and win every event, you cant unless your pockets are deep. Spend wisely and you will be able to catch up to a lot of established level 100 players. Never spend on commanders that will only raise your game by a very small margin (like old commanders even if they are cheap). Only spend if it is really really needed.
    Totally agree with Kris, don't chase after commanders, your credits, if you have to spend, is better spent on getting a R6 dual which you can use again when you eventually change commanders.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Speaking of primus... i already have 5 R5 Deatheyes ... hopefully I can craft one more by using the galactonite center.
    Question is... what is the fastest way to get a hold of 5 Fissures? R5 and above?
    The fastest way .... is to purchase it with credits.

The other way, can you get a nuclear R6 from every week's Primus Invasion, although the composing results is random, i got many of my R6s from the nuclear R6

Regarding supplies ... I don't really get what you are hinting at. Isn't it a good thing to do max alliance donation and use the supplies to get to 100 faster?
    This can also be applicable to the advance vein explorer as well as pure vein explorer. They too give more at level 100. Pre-merger, i used my pure veins and advanced level when my top players were asleep, so i don't get plundered by them.

I want to buy the Milena pack from the store (so I can use her as Flagship Lieutenant)... that will take me 7000 closer i guess.
    If you can wait for a VIP x3 bonus event, purchase the 7000 credits from the Thanksgiving Bonus section. If I remember correctly, the last 2 times, the VIP x3 bonus event came, purchasing credits from the Thanks Giving Bonus section does qualify for the VIP x3 so that will make it easier to reach VIP 5.

Just note that, it seems now, buying a month card no longer qualifies for the VIP x3 bonus event. So when the VIP x3 bonus event comes, around better check if the Thanks Giving bonus qualifies too.
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Thank you for the info Nopo