Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stratus vs. Dor

Hybrid View

Stratus vs. Dor

Guys, Nachteule, Anakin ...

After reading your Commander reviews (btw..BIG THANKS to you )
    it seems to me the best ships for us mortals seems to be Stratus and Dor, even Alfred seems still to offer lot because of 400% Sattack which would also scale with your force/attack. Considering curent meta Comanders (Geofrey I already have..)

1. I think Anakin has both comanders but if you guys could choose one? which one it would be?

2. Considering my fleet, It seems that Dor would be the best addon to my fleet replacing Cabal .. I cannot dream about +10.. simple price is too high, max what I could afford after 4months is +7 if I save 60cores .. on other side, locking/def decrease is very powerful combo as well so I would like to hear your oppinion. I dont have Kril to make Stratus stronger ..

I have noticed Nachteules fleet, He/She has locker Robot, so there the choice was clear .. Eventhough he/she benched Sirene, which I would still keep in my fleet ..

My strategy is always try to hit and dodge bullets .. Dor would help me, because these wormholes with my 130-135% hit rate I miss like crazy after wave 9...

3. Does someone know the price Dor/Stratus in August events? The records show only July prices..
    Thank you for your advice ..
    Last edited by Frankie; August 21st, 2016 at 10:54.
    Frankie.s214 , World 1117\ Merged, Android
    PVP: Sniper Ursa [ +7], Dark Russian [+7], Crazy Frog [+7], Handsome Evil [ +7], FS [+7]

No longer playing GL ...

Don't forget about Maggie. I see that most top players run Stratus and Maggie. Not as many Dor but I think it's because several of them has dark Celeste that is basically a multi-hitting Dor at +7 (but without accu charge). i guess that without dark Celeste there would be more Dor out there?

Quote Originally Posted by ASR1927 View Post
    Don't forget about Maggie. I see that most top players run Stratus and Maggie. Not as many Dor but I think it's because several of them has dark Celeste that is basically a multi-hitting Dor at +7 (but without accu charge). i guess that without dark Celeste there would be more Dor out there?
    By the time I save credits for Magie/Stratus there will be 2 new generations
    I think anyway t4f started release a new meta... called the "suckers" generation (with plundering skill). Ivan was the first one with attack sucking and now the shiny SS Comander sucking HP, it is very impressive, with agumented skills and stackable .. who knows what kind of Defender/Rover/Ranger we get... I think new "Sucker" comes out at 3rd aniversary in monopoly game (100-120k est.cost)
    PVP: Sniper Ursa [ +7], Dark Russian [+7], Crazy Frog [+7], Handsome Evil [ +7], FS [+7]

No longer playing GL ...

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Guys, Nachteule, Anakin ...
    2. Considering my fleet, It seems that Dor would be the best addon to my fleet replacing Cabal .. I cannot dream about +10.. simple price is too high, max what I could afford after 4months is +7 if I save 60cores .. on other side, locking/def decrease is very powerful combo as well so I would like to hear your oppinion. I dont have Kril to make Stratus stronger ..

I have noticed Nachteules fleet, He/She has locker Robot, so there the choice was clear .. Eventhough he/she benched Sirene, which I would still keep in my fleet ..
    First let me make things easier for you: I am a male owl. I use the female FS commander because I simply did not like the fat version of FS [+6] or higher avatar picture.

I have recorded some of my Galaxy League battles: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...2E9pp0IOaj6RUw
    (All against much stronger opponents. Several times those opponents had Stratus, Alfred, Maggie.) Maybe this helps to get some "feeling" about Dor.

Dor fits perfect into current Geoffrey metagame but Stratus as well. If I remember correctly Stratus has a small speed advantage. Both commanders help in wormholes: Dor for dodgy spaces and Stratus for high DEF spaces which cannot be solved with Destroyers anymore (because tap4fun increases E-DEF as well in those spaces). And both commanders have a percent based skill and will be useful even in case of level 110 or whatever level increase. Dor has very high DEF attributes and HP so he is hard to kill. So it is a very tight choice if you enforce an either-or-selection.

Stratus plays more like a one-of: If he hits 3 targets that is usually devastating and often means a win. But if he hits only FS his very strong offensive special is wasted and this can also mean a clear disadvantage. With Dor it does not matter if he kills FS first and then slowly all other commanders or vice versa. And keeping those Goeffreys under control with nearly permanent Kit activations is very helpful.

In my formation I try to protect Dor as best as possible. When he gets running for more than 2-3 rounds that usually means a win for me. For Stratus the formula is more if the opponent is still alive after 2-3 rounds that could mean serious trouble.

Another thing is probably first shot. I don't like the idea of fighting for first shot with tons of Credits. I prefer to invest into more versatile items like TS Modules, functional Galactonites... With Stratus you probably want more first shot than with Dor.

Finally, I always admired Celeste and Razz for their specials. With Dor both specials are merged in a very nice way: not completely overpowered but strong and fun to play. So I think with either of both you will have a lot of fun. I guess it is a bit depending on your own style. Stratus: Assault, more one-of; Dor: more supportive, continuously.

3. Does someone know the price Dor/Stratus in August events? The records show only July prices..
    Thank you for your advice ..
    I had my summer vacation in last 4 weeks. I will complete my event log as good a possible for missing past events. Dor was 32k a chip in last chest events, Stratus similar for chest event but more expensive in bar event (approx. 40k).
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

A word on Maggie. I did not have trouble with the Maggies I encountered but I think my fleet is a bit anti-Maggie. My commander's specials have an important functional component (Geoffrey - shields, Retrobot - freeze, deaccum, Dor - hitrate/critrate + Kit) which she cannot block and with all the critical hits from Dor's buff one round of delay caused by Maggie was not crucial. So probably for players who can make her +10...+15 she might be a must-have but on +7 level... I don't know.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Quote Originally Posted by Nachteule View Post
    A word on Maggie. I did not have trouble with the Maggies I encountered but I think my fleet is a bit anti-Maggie. My commander's specials have an important functional component (Geoffrey - shields, Retrobot - freeze, deaccum, Dor - hitrate/critrate + Kit) which she cannot block and with all the critical hits from Dor's buff one round of delay caused by Maggie was not crucial. So probably for players who can make her +10...+15 she might be a must-have but on +7 level... I don't know.
    Thank you very much on your advice! As usually great help ...
    I also like more defensive/support play.. and Incendos should do the damage, if Geofrey protects and Door buffs.. Sirenne will do the collateral damage ) meaning sweeping the floor with cross specials
    So I wait for next Dor event, I might have enough saved by then.. unless they release another "plunder/sucker" commadner which would be worth waiting for

btw, thx for link I watched all your matches, very impresssive fleet .. I guess +7 on all ships helps very nice balance ...
    Last edited by Frankie; August 22nd, 2016 at 18:38.

No longer playing GL ...

Section Leader
    Thank you very much on your advice! As usually great help ...
    I also like more defensive/support play.. and Incendos should do the damage, if Geofrey protects and Door buffs.. Sirenne will do the collateral damage ) meaning sweeping the floor with cross specials
    So I wait for next Dor event, I might have enough saved by then.. unless they release another "plunder/sucker" commadner which would be worth waiting for

btw, thx for link I watched all your matches, very impresssive fleet .. I guess +7 on all ships helps very nice balance ...
    I am more with Stratus and Alfred its more easy to kill others then wait for the criticals from Dor cuz Stratuz decrease the def so much, if you can take both ...
    Best Regards,

General Discussion Section Leader

Admin in the Foundation Group: The Asylum for Best Warriors Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Myhay Nycu Maglasu View Post
    I am more with Stratus and Alfred its more easy to kill others then wait for the criticals from Dor cuz Stratuz decrease the def so much, if you can take both ...
    hmm interesting point of view .. I will see what next comaders will be released, but Stratus and Door are the best candidates. Alfred for sure is the best from previus generation because his special can kill enemies easy..Srill I Ilke more Dor, as I can use him in worm holes ...

No longer playing GL ...

Section Leader
    Yers for the wormholes its good Dor especially at +7 and on wormhole for rangers or where all the class commmanders can deal damages
    Best Regards,

General Discussion Section Leader

Admin in the Foundation Group: The Asylum for Best Warriors Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Myhay Nycu Maglasu View Post
    Yers for the wormholes its good Dor especially at +7 and on wormhole for rangers or where all the class commmanders can deal damages
    yes that is my main intention to use him in worm holes, I am getting tired having troubles to pass wave 9/10 out of 15 by missing almost each shot (75%+)..
    I will see next week during Aniversary event if they release new comander .. if so it will be anyway a "sucker/plunder type" .. and I like Nachteule fleet setup... I want to be his :younger evil twin:

No longer playing GL ...