Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Commander Focus #17: Stratus

Galactic Chairman

Commander Focus #17: Stratus

Hello, Commanders.

In this week article weíre going to talk about the best offensive non-CtC commander, in my opinion, Stratus.

Stratus is my first commander augumented past to +7 and I definitely donít regret saving all my Crystals for him. At this moment, my Stratus is at +10 and he is definitely insane. My first opinion about this terrific Striker was confirmed in the first (and of course is being reconfirmed in the second) League. He is too dangerous and can change the outcome of battles even against the strongest Players. I cannot count how many times my Stratus helped me to beat the super strong players in the League.

The big advantage between Stratus is that he has to powerful debuffs. He is able to reduce enemyís def (I personally hated this, because it perfectly counters my Dark Lazarus (but I love when my Stratys does this. lol). As if reduce enemyís def is not enough, Stratus can also lock them. Even super strong playerers as Vainquer, KINGSUNA, Jane, Pong and others will suffer a lot if Stratus locks and reduce their defenses, specialty as he is a cross attacker and the chance that he hits 3 targets is high.

Although, I believe a great Stratus is expensive to have, as, in my tests, he at +7 (with 60% chance to lock and 80% def reduce) seems to not be good enough to be a BIG game changer. Iím definitely not saying he is bad, but the difference between a +7 Stratus and a +10 Stratus is definitely huge, as the lock chance increases to 75% and the enemyís def is reduced to 0. I am now dreaming to see him at +15, but for me it will be a definitely a long travel.

Stratus has great offensive attributes, as critical, Hit rate, penetration and critical attack. His defensive attributes are not very high, but this is not a big problem.

The counter for Stratus is to use Volkfof as lieutenant, although the requirements to use him properly are not easily accomplished. You need Volkof at +3, two alive Strikers in your team and it has 50% chance (that in practice seems way more). In addition: normally players using Stratus put him to fire first, so you need to fire first to this tactic to be really great. As I said, not easy to accomplish.

A really good and common tactic Iím seeing in the League is Stratus + Krill. This is a very dangerous tactic for the enemies, as If Stratus can recover to a good point with Krill the chance of winning is really good.

Do you agree with my opinion? Letís discuss about the terrific commander. Do you already have him? Do you want to have him? Is having nightmares with him? Tell us your opinico.

See you in the Galaxy.
    Galactic Chairman

Thanks! I understand that the lock has a percentage chance to happen but what about the def lowering? Is it guaranteed or is it also a percentage chance for it to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by ASR1927 View Post
    Thanks! I understand that the lock has a percentage chance to happen but what about the def lowering? Is it guaranteed or is it also a percentage chance for it to happen?
    It is a percentage change by augment level.

At augment level 10, it is -100% DEF which effectively makes normal commanders destroyer like.

At augment level 15, wow, it is like almost always lock and reduced 100% lock for 2 rounds

Augment level Lock chance for 1 round Def reduced for x round
    +0 30% 40% 1 round
    +3 45% 60% 1 round
    +7 60% 80% 1 round
    +10 75% 100% 1 round
    +15 90% 100% 2 rounds
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Colonel
    Can he be a good replacement for my Armoray +7?
    I have Incendos +7, Geoffrey+7, Cryptor +7 with Krill+7 and eventually Sirenne, Retrobot and Alfred on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Qix View Post
    Can he be a good replacement for my Armoray +7?
    I have Incendos +7, Geoffrey+7, Cryptor +7 with Krill+7 and eventually Sirenne, Retrobot and Alfred on the bench
    I was thinking the same but replacing Armoray +6. Im not convinced even with his Geoffrey beating skill. I think i will wait a bit longer....
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I was thinking the same but replacing Armoray +6. Im not convinced even with his Geoffrey beating skill. I think i will wait a bit longer....
    me too... can be possible they take out some new commanders better then him....

Quote Originally Posted by Qix View Post
    me too... can be possible they take out some new commanders better then him....
    thats what i am worried about. it has taken me a while to save the credits and now i have them i dont want to spend them. I would be truly annoyed getting Stratus just to see him replaced in a few months.
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    thats what i am worried about. it has taken me a while to save the credits and now i have them i dont want to spend them. I would be truly annoyed getting Stratus just to see him replaced in a few months.
    Or in a few weeks

If stratus had a little more defense an s-defense than will be really a great commander...
    He make a big difference now to the striker commander that let the players going on good result with his really perfectly skills .. s attack attack and block ... can make you winner ... a big support
    Aleks.s845 World803 Android
    ( play for fun .. and i enjoy the game ..)
    The best Wishes to All

Galactic Chairman
    I particularly doesn't see Stratus becoming out dated soon. And I believe the top players also agree, as he is the most common choice for the first +15
    Galactic Chairman