Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Galaxy League Basic Guide

Galaxy League Basic Guide

Galaxy League will start into the second season tomorrow. So maybe it can help some of you to have a little bit more extended online help than the built-in help.

Introduction

Galaxy League can be entered by players starting with level 50 from the usual Arena user interface. After entering you see the main screen of Galaxy League.

From there in most cases you will start the matching procedure and battle with an opponent. But there are more important areas to explore.

Formation Interface

Here a specific formation can be set for this competition. That allows to do Primus without becoming easy prey. Another idea to make use of this function is to test formations: During Galaxy League you will be challenged by other players. You can vary formation and analyze which variations perform better than others.

Battle Log

Every battle you start but also challenges by other players are logged for some time in the battle log.

Grade Rewards Interface

In the Grade Rewards you can see your achieved rank within Galaxy League but also - and probably more important - claim your rewards. During last Galaxy League this meant mainly Tech Points. Come here as often as possible because not always the rewards are collected during absences. Checking frequently can avoid severe losses here.

Ranking Rewards Interface

The Ranking Rewards show you the potential outcome for the end of the season. You can check the global ranking to get an idea what reward you can earn.

Global Ranking

The global ranking shows the top 500 players of the competition and your own position. All players are ranked according to achieved League Points.

Rank Class Group Ranking

The Rank Class Ranking shows the top 100 players of your rank. If you are close to the next rank you are in the leading fraction of this ranking. Probably this is the group of players most of your opponents come from.

Redeem Shop

Here you exchange your League Coins for useful game items.
    Last edited by Nachteule; July 19th, 2016 at 08:48.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Major General
    Awsome job Nachteule! As always best info Keep up the good work!

It amazes me how much dedication and efforts you put in these. Great work, as always!

Great Guide as always. ^_^
    Lvl 110, Free VIP 5, Arena Rank: Top 20, iOS; Merged Worlds 57, 59, 60, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72
    Force: 11 500M, PVP Fleet: Slade T-IV +12 with Lt. Knous +7, Murometz +8 with Lt. Krill +7
    Nicolas +15 with Lt. Louise +13, Roland +7 with Lt. Kit +4, Richard +7 with Lt. Herbert +7

You know me but I know you better.

Am i right with my assumption that they fixed the revenge button in the battle log or am I only to blind? Or did I mix something up, I remember some discussion about the revenge tactic and wanted to try it but I do not find the option anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoga View Post
    Am i right with my assumption that they fixed the revenge button in the battle log or am I only to blind? Or did I mix something up, I remember some discussion about the revenge tactic and wanted to try it but I do not find the option anymore.
    The idea of a revenge button did not survive the concept and test phase but was forgotten to be removed in the released version. (I asked my tap4fun contact for Repair Station issues and got this answer.)

So it was removed in between and I think it will not return.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

It is perhaps removed because if someone attacked you and you win, the revenge button could possibly be used to attack the attacker and possibly get more points because you can win. So removing this revenge function limits the matching to how high and how well you are in the ranking.

Just a theory

After some time have pass I find I get points more easily as other players whom I can win can be found as they are higher because they have more points. But as i get points and go higher I reach a situation where the opponents are too powerful.

So is like i rise up to the level of my "incompetence"
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Quote Originally Posted by Nopo View Post
    So is like i rise up to the level of my "incompetence"
    The Peter Principle - i like and knew good from work :-)

Thanks for your promt replies and the clarification. Seems as there will be no more tactic in rising up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoga View Post
    The Peter Principle - i like and knew good from work :-)

Thanks for your promt replies and the clarification. Seems as there will be no more tactic in rising up.
    I going to try a CQ formation to let others get points and rank higher. So when i (hopefully) meet them again in the Galaxy League with my full PvP fleet I can get the maximum points.
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Quote Originally Posted by Nopo View Post
    I going to try a CQ formation to let others get points and rank higher. So when i (hopefully) meet them again in the Galaxy League with my full PvP fleet I can get the maximum points.
    I have seen a few people try this technique. does it actually give you a good advantage?
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy