Thread: Fully Invisible Opponents = No turn processing

Fully Invisible Opponents = No turn processing

If one fleet is completely invisible, then battle turns do not occur for the other fleet. This means the following:

• Poison effects do not occur
    • Invisibility is not granted or revoked
    • Shields do not expire
    • Ability nullification does not expire
    • Lieutenants do not activate

In short, the entire Galaxy Legend battle system is broken because it looks to see if any ship on one side can fire first, and if there are no targets (an invisible fleet), then that side's turn is skipped before checking for any turn-based effects.

For example, If Cabal (no Lt.) and Queen Emma (no Lt.) are facing Lance (Elsa+4) and Khala(Zaffrey+4):
    1. Lance activates his shield for "2" rounds, hitting Queen Emma.
    2. Queen Emma fires S-ATK, poisoning both Lance and Khala
    3. Khala takes poison damage, activates Zaffrey+4 lieutenant skill to become invisible for "1" round, and then fires her S-ATK, killing Queen Emma
    4. Cabal fires S-ATK, hitting Lance's shield and then turning himself invisible for "1" round
    5. It is now Lance's turn to fire. He is poisoned by Queen Emma, so we expect him to take poison damage. We also expect his shield counter to be incremented, and a check to be made to see if Lance will become invisible, since his accumulator is 0 and he has Elsa+4 as a lieutenant. However, Lance has no target to shoot at, since Cabal is invisible and Queen Emma is dead. His turn is skipped - he takes no poison damage, his shield turn counter does not increment, and his Lieutenants are not checked.
    6. Cabal fires a shot at Lance's shield. Cabal remains invisible. After this attack, as of 2015-08-03, he has now been invisible for 1 complete round, and per his description, should be come visible. He does not.
    7. It is now Khala's turn to fire. She is poisoned like Lance is. She is also invisible, with a 50% chance to be invisible again for 1 round. However, she has no targets to shoot at, because Cabal is invisible, so her turn is skipped. She takes no poison damage. Her invisibility turn counter is not checked. Her lieutenant skill is not checked to see if it activates again.
    8. It is now Lance's turn to fire. Nothing has changed. No poison damage occurs, no shield turn counter is incremented, no lieutenant ability is checked.
    9. Cabal fires a shot at Lance's shield. He becomes visible, and has an accumulator of 50.
    10. It is now Khala's turn to fire. Cabal is visible, so she has a target, and the system will "work". The poison damage (which should have occurred last round and then been removed, but didn't) is applied for the 2nd time and removed. Khala's 1-turn invisibility buff expires. Khala has less than 50% HP, as before, and the Zaffrey+4 lieutenant skill is checked. It happens to activate again, sending her invisible again, for 1 round. She fires a regular shot at Cabal, bringing his accumulator to 75.
    11. It is now Lance's turn to fire. He has a target, so he suffers his 1st poison damage. His accumulator is 0, so Elsa+4 skill is checked to see if he will become invisible. This time, he does. His shield turn counter increases to 1. He fires, charging Cabal's accumulator to 100.
    12. It is now Cabal's turn to fire, but all his targets are invisible. His turn is skipped.
    13. It is now Khala's turn to fire. Zaffrey+4 fails to activate, and she becomes visible. She fires at Cabal, charging his accumulator to 125.
    14. It is now Lance's turn to fire. He takes his 2nd turn of poison damage, and the poison effect is removed. His accumulator is 25, so Elsa+4 skill is checked to see if he will become invisible. This time, he does. His shield turn counter increases to 2, but it is not removed (bug, shield should last for 2 turns only). He fires at Cabal, but does not do enough damage to kill.
    15. It is now Cabal's turn to fire. Khala is the only visible target. He shoots his S-ATK and kills her, and becomes invisible for 1 rounds.

At this point, with two fully invisible fleets, the game breaks and will automatically jump to the battle end screen.

I do not have video of the exact scenario above, but I have seen the elements involved many times over
    • shields that say "last for X rounds" not removed until after X+1 shots have been fired
    • dual full-fleet invisibility resulting in instant battle end
    • [video]buff/debuff effect duration counters not processing if opposing fleet is totally invisible
    • the change about a month after Zaffrey+4 ability appeared where invisibility buff was originally counted like shields (removed after X+1 rounds) and then changed to be removed after X rounds
    • the misalignment between Cabal's description of invisibility removal and when it is actually removed (watch him in handbook)

I look forward to the developer's response to the bugs exposed in this post.
    time's up.

... I think there may have been some progress on this bug today/yesterday! Those who face me in Pandora may know that I use Trickster, and while facing a lone invisible Cabal today, I noticed that my Trickster buff disappeared even though I was not able to shoot yet!

So with this knowledge at hand, post verifications of the issues raised in the OP -- lets see if some bugs got knocked out!
    time's up.