Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Commander Focus #14: Dor

Quote Originally Posted by Nachteule View Post
    My usual formation for unknown opponents is:
    Opponent
    - Geoffrey -
    Retrobot - Flagship
    Dor Incendos -

If I can establish Geoffrey's shield in first round this means often game over even for stronger opponents (Retrobot's accu drain creates more hits Geoffrey can block+counter, more shields, more drains... and in between Dor kills opposing ships one by one). Left column is controlled by Retrobot and right column is "sacrificed". Flagship is here to attract the hits from opponent's right column. Retrobot is most likely to dodge hits so usually he can tank hits from left opponent column and cross/horizontal attacks invading via Flagship. Sacrificing right column also means all opposing ships in middle or right column hit my Geoffrey. Often that means just another shield release sometimes I get him in Acc'tan activation range but rarely he dies from that.
    Retrobot has Krill and either several hits with Goeffrey shield just reload Retrobot's accu or often he gets within Krill activation range and fires his special in second round again.

Another reason for my formation is FD. If FD is left and fires first he usually kills or misses Retrobot. Losing Retrobot in some way helps to win against FD. Often the little Bot messes my Jackie loop by freezing FD. Then my Incendos fires his special, kills a ship or two but if FD survives he easily kills 2 or 3 of my ships until Incendos' accu is again at 100% (if he is still there...).

As Dor is behind Retrobot I can usually win the damage race against FD if FD is in left column. Middle column FD is mainly stopped by a block of Geoffrey and right column as said is sacrificed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJf6Og-vAao
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDWxbgVpZUo

Sometimes I play a bit with the formation especially against much stronger opponents. Here a 600M force battle with perfect (very lucky) anti-formations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCXNyXKQMec
    mmm, that must be a weak FD. He barely did damage to Geoffrey. Geoffrey resisted FD and Stratus Satk at the same time, without blocking. That's just not possible if the rival is of the similar force
    Hernan D.s430
    World 230 iOS

Quote Originally Posted by Hernan D View Post
    mmm, that must be a weak FD. He barely did damage to Geoffrey. Geoffrey resisted FD and Stratus Satk at the same time, without blocking. That's just not possible if the rival is of the similar force
    You are absolutely right. FD was below +7 and Stratus below +2 judged by their special levels. Dor was +7. Force was lower than mine. I recorded this battle mainly because the Rangers killed all the opponents. FD did 5M damage against Geoffrey 2M HP shield 1M Protector shield and 2M HP. But still annoying a single commander can apply 5M damage every round and makes himself invincible in turn.

I lost to a 320M player last Galaxy League just because of FD without Jackie...
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

If there will be no alternative to FD in 3 month I will probably go for him. At the moment I complete TS-4 saving 99% of my Credits for this target. Expecting a "unique" X-mas commander I also will save enough Credits first and wait what Santa brings. Then we will see if FD is still needed. Generally commanders are always the latest "improvement area" for me. Reusable stuff comes first.
    Thank you Nachteule, for the time being I am on the same page as you are which is saving for X-mas commander. As just like you I have Retrobot but I don't use him anymore while he has made my day for a very long time against stronger players. I have not yet started to actually participate in the TS-4 hunt hence that is something to consider as well while these are quite expensive as needing 50 chips.
    World684(iOS) - Lvl 110
    Fleet: Elena [+15], Nicholas [+15], Richard[+15], Roland (SS)[+15] and Slade (T5)[+15].

You are absolutely right. FD was below +7 and Stratus below +2 judged by their special levels. Dor was +7. Force was lower than mine. I recorded this battle mainly because the Rangers killed all the opponents. FD did 5M damage against Geoffrey 2M HP shield 1M Protector shield and 2M HP. But still annoying a single commander can apply 5M damage every round and makes himself invincible in turn.

I lost to a 320M player last Galaxy League just because of FD without Jackie...
    What do you want to emphasise with that about Jackie? You think it's better not to use it on FD?
    Hernan D.s430
    World 230 iOS

Quote Originally Posted by Hernan D View Post
    What do you want to emphasise with that about Jackie? You think it's better not to use it on FD?
    It depends on your opponent. In Galaxy League you know your opponent's fleet and then I think against Incendos it might be better not to use Jackie. Let his/her Incendos fire, in turn you kill 3 ships. Sounds better than a front line FD stalled in Jackie loop. Practical proof I cannot give.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Section Leader
    try to test Dor with Ursa maybe will be a truly killer then
    Best Regards,

General Discussion Section Leader

Admin in the Foundation Group: The Asylum for Best Warriors Advice