Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Commander Focus #14: Dor

Quote Originally Posted by JLeroux View Post
    Okay, I guess that will become a bit a challenge for my fleet while I see a great opportunity with Dor on who I should actually drop. But I guess that would mean to drop Alfred or Geoffrey. Maybe Geoffrey cause at +4 only his shield isn't much when facing lvl 100 players. Well I know why I am saving cores again.
    Alfred and Stratus have already high hitrate compared to Retrobot and Incendos and FD does not need critical rate buff to one-shot-kill nor he must fear Geoffrey's shields. So not all fleets have an equal benefit from Dor. From Anatoli you get an even better critrate buff for 3 commanders than from Dor. If opponents do not use Protectors one major benefit of Dor is neutralized.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Using Dor 2nd-4th works very well with a back-bench destroyer, as the Jackie debuff effectively saves your special for later. Given that your destroyer has the 50% HR buff from following Dor, you're going to increase your accumulator by 25, maybe more if you get hit. So now you have a double overcharged special ready to unload, doing 150-175% of the damage it would do if you fired your destroyer in the first round... plus you also have the hit & crit buff from Dor.
    time's up.

Quote Originally Posted by z3nithor View Post
    Using Dor 2nd-4th works very well with a back-bench destroyer, as the Jackie debuff effectively saves your special for later. Given that your destroyer has the 50% HR buff from following Dor, you're going to increase your accumulator by 25, maybe more if you get hit. So now you have a double overcharged special ready to unload, doing 150-175% of the damage it would do if you fired your destroyer in the first round... plus you also have the hit & crit buff from Dor.
    Now THAT makes sense... thank you Z3nithor.
    Lola.s86 Galaxy86 (Android)
    Media Section Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ASR1927 View Post
    Do you guys place him to fire first? So that everyone fires buffed specials? Lieutenant of choice seems to be Kit?
    Yes and yes! Unless you know that your enemy has a destroyer as first commander. If you have first shot advantage then you of course open with your destroyer.
    But I know that Nachteule go late with Dor so there are different schools in this. And since N is a much better player than me maybe that is the best option? But in the end I guess it depends on what other commanders you have
    Interesting. Thank you for the response.
    @Nachteule could you tell us, please, what makes you place him to fire late?
    My usual formation for unknown opponents is:
    Opponent
    - Geoffrey -
    Retrobot - Flagship
    Dor Incendos -

If I can establish Geoffrey's shield in first round this means often game over even for stronger opponents (Retrobot's accu drain creates more hits Geoffrey can block+counter, more shields, more drains... and in between Dor kills opposing ships one by one). Left column is controlled by Retrobot and right column is "sacrificed". Flagship is here to attract the hits from opponent's right column. Retrobot is most likely to dodge hits so usually he can tank hits from left opponent column and cross/horizontal attacks invading via Flagship. Sacrificing right column also means all opposing ships in middle or right column hit my Geoffrey. Often that means just another shield release sometimes I get him in Acc'tan activation range but rarely he dies from that.
    Retrobot has Krill and either several hits with Goeffrey shield just reload Retrobot's accu or often he gets within Krill activation range and fires his special in second round again.

Another reason for my formation is FD. If FD is left and fires first he usually kills or misses Retrobot. Losing Retrobot in some way helps to win against FD. Often the little Bot messes my Jackie loop by freezing FD. Then my Incendos fires his special, kills a ship or two but if FD survives he easily kills 2 or 3 of my ships until Incendos' accu is again at 100% (if he is still there...).

As Dor is behind Retrobot I can usually win the damage race against FD if FD is in left column. Middle column FD is mainly stopped by a block of Geoffrey and right column as said is sacrificed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJf6Og-vAao
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDWxbgVpZUo

Sometimes I play a bit with the formation especially against much stronger opponents. Here a 600M force battle with perfect (very lucky) anti-formations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCXNyXKQMec
    Last edited by Nachteule; October 17th, 2016 at 16:39.
    Galactic Chairman
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

That looks like a very good strategy Nachteule ... do you run strictly defensive gala on the FS?
    Do you use an emulator per chance? I am trying to get one to work (to save the phone's battery life ... and my neck muscles also (got a bit of cervical pain lately from all the looking down)).
    I understood that Retrobot is not on the menu anymore though... unless I get lucky somehow and get him from the Celestial Portal Raffle.
    How come you don't have FD yet?
    Media Section Leader

That looks like a very good strategy Nachteule ... do you run strictly defensive gala on the FS?
    Do you use an emulator per chance? I am trying to get one to work (to save the phone's battery life ... and my neck muscles also (got a bit of cervical pain lately from all the looking down)).
    I understood that Retrobot is not on the menu anymore though... unless I get lucky somehow and get him from the Celestial Portal Raffle.
    How come you don't have FD yet?
    FS Gala is mainly the best of the rest. R6: Divine, Flash, Fury, Deatheye, Chant (Block/Penetration), Tekken, Meteor; R-5: Accu/S-DEF. Mileena [+5].

I use BlueStacks on MacOS when I am writing a lot. If I remember right, "Nox" is the emulator of choice for Windows. But videos and screenshots I take mainly on my "gaming tablet" (a rooted CyanogenMod Kindle fire HDX7) using REC..

Retrobot can be brilliant but also fail (but at the moment he performs more of the first type). High-augmented Stratus can fulfill locking per cross even better but usually dies faster.

If there will be no alternative to FD in 3 month I will probably go for him. At the moment I complete TS-4 saving 99% of my Credits for this target. Expecting a "unique" X-mas commander I also will save enough Credits first and wait what Santa brings. Then we will see if FD is still needed. Generally commanders are always the latest "improvement area" for me. Reusable stuff comes first.
    Galactic Chairman

Very education Thread. I love it a lot=>
    VIP 6 raylight.s570 world 1473 highest speed first in arena level 105
    My fleet: Ursa(+6)lt. violette(+4), Fearsome Devil(+6)lt jackie, Alfred(+7)lt.Krill(+7), Stratus(+7)lt.Kit(+4), Flagship(+6)lt.mileena. Give me suggestions to improve my fleet thank you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Raylimyf View Post
    Very education Thread. I love it a lot=>
    I agree! It's always nice when professors N and Z share their wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Nachteule View Post
    FS Gala is mainly the best of the rest. R6: Divine, Flash, Fury, Deatheye, Chant (Block/Penetration), Tekken, Meteor; R-5: Accu/S-DEF. Mileena [+5].

I use BlueStacks on MacOS when I am writing a lot. If I remember right, "Nox" is the emulator of choice for Windows. But videos and screenshots I take mainly on my "gaming tablet" (a rooted CyanogenMod Kindle fire HDX7) using REC..

Retrobot can be brilliant but also fail (but at the moment he performs more of the first type). High-augmented Stratus can fulfill locking per cross even better but usually dies faster.

If there will be no alternative to FD in 3 month I will probably go for him. At the moment I complete TS-4 saving 99% of my Credits for this target. Expecting a "unique" X-mas commander I also will save enough Credits first and wait what Santa brings. Then we will see if FD is still needed. Generally commanders are always the latest "improvement area" for me. Reusable stuff comes first.
    I tried using NOX on windows but I get a connection error ... what windows do you use? can the windows version affect it? (I mean, literally everything works fine until I have to log into the account... server error... all the emulators).

Thought you might of used something else for the FS instead of Tekken... like Guardian or something (R7 comes to mind for guardian).

That's also the improvement plan that I am trying to implement... mainly because I try listening to you guys
    Media Section Leader

I tried using NOX on windows but I get a connection error ... what windows do you use? can the windows version affect it? (I mean, literally everything works fine until I have to log into the account... server error... all the emulators).
    Emulator - check here: http://galaxylegend.tap4fun.com/foru...light=emulator (I am not an expert in this. But it looks like there are other options like Droid4X.)

Thought you might of used something else for the FS instead of Tekken... like Guardian or something (R7 comes to mind for guardian). That's also the improvement plan that I am trying to implement... mainly because I try listening to you guys
    I just don't own better options. No R-7 and if any they would go to the MVCs (most valuable ship ) first.
    Galactic Chairman