Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Commander Focus #14: Dor

Section Leader
    at +15 is a cosmor war commander lol but only big spenders can do this
    Best Regards,

General Discussion Section Leader

Admin in the Foundation Group: The Asylum for Best Warriors Advice

Hi, I have issues with hit rate. Even with full setup of deatheye R6 my commanders can't hit their targets so I'm thinking that maybe Dor could be the answer to my problems? You guys has had the chance to try him for some time now so is he a good buy?

And also do anyone have the cost for 18 chests in current event?

I switched out Sirenne for Dor and never regretted. Although it's a shame that such a powerful commander like Sirenne was outclassed after only few month... But utility beat raw attack power.

I think all relevant advantages and disadvantages are mentioned in the opening post. As mentioned by Anakin you can play him offensively to give all following commanders the hitrate and critrate buff for their specials or more defensively by "hiding" him in the second row. I prefer the more defensive way.

To give you some samples how he plays in daily routine: Even before +7 his buff is great. Dodgy commanders, dodgy wormholes - not a problem anymore. At [+7] he survives golden Alfred hit (under Geoffrey protection) which my Retrobot and Incendos both [+7] do not. Although Kit activates in 80% of cases, only, having nearly permanent Protector special suppression is a another extremely useful aspect of Dor in the Geoffrey metagame. If opponent cannot kill Dor fast his hitrate/critrate buff rapidly turns the scales against opponents. With his own buff at [+7] Dor has around 200 hitrate and 120 critrate (supported by Dual R-6) which lets him one-shot most remaining targets.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

@Nachteule,

I really want your fleet! No let me re phrase that....i really want your cores and chips!!
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

Quote Originally Posted by Nachteule View Post
    I switched out Sirenne for Dor and never regretted. Although it's a shame that such a powerful commander like Sirenne was outclassed after only few month... But utility beat raw attack power.

I think all relevant advantages and disadvantages are mentioned in the opening post. As mentioned by Anakin you can play him offensively to give all following commanders the hitrate and critrate buff for their specials or more defensively by "hiding" him in the second row. I prefer the more defensive way.

To give you some samples how he plays in daily routine: Even before +7 his buff is great. Dodgy commanders, dodgy wormholes - not a problem anymore. At [+7] he survives golden Alfred hit (under Geoffrey protection) which my Retrobot and Incendos both [+7] do not. Although Kit activates in 80% of cases, only, having nearly permanent Protector special suppression is a another extremely useful aspect of Dor in the Geoffrey metagame. If opponent cannot kill Dor fast his hitrate/critrate buff rapidly turns the scales against opponents. With his own buff at [+7] Dor has around 200 hitrate and 120 critrate (supported by Dual R-6) which lets him one-shot most remaining targets.
    Thanks great info! Did you hear anything about the cost for 18 chests?

And also how many chips will it take from scratch to +7? I have Cryptor at +6 and if I keep him at that I could get 137 chips from reversing Elsa and rangers on the bench. But it will not be enough right? I still have to reverse Cryptor?

No, I have no price info seen so far.

Augmentation to +7 is 190 Ranger Chips plus 60 Pandora Power Cores. Reverting Cryptor will cost you 5 Power Cores but net 141 Ranger Chips plus 5 Pandora Power Cores. Cryptor is a great "tool", too. I wanted him for long to replace DA but then came Geoffrey and additionally he was weakened against Primus due to stronger Primus stats. On the other hand he is not on my personal "Avoid List" for Galaxy League so I don't consider Cryptor a huge threat any more...
    Galactic Chairman
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Section Leader
    If we will Have Incendos to shot after Dor +7 Shot or with and Stratus +7 then you will have more chances to defeat more easy your oponnents.
    Best Regards,

General Discussion Section Leader

Admin in the Foundation Group: The Asylum for Best Warriors Advice

Quote Originally Posted by darre View Post
    Thanks

I have him at +6 now and he already does a fantastic job, i have the chips to augment him another step but i lack some cores, guess after this league this should be solved
    I know but believe me the extra crit and hit rate from Dor at +7 turns all your commanders to monsters. Even my old and tired Incendos feels like newborn. And no more dodging from enemy Alfred's, Geoffreys and Retrobots. Thank God for Dor

Quote Originally Posted by ASR1927 View Post
    I know but believe me the extra crit and hit rate from Dor at +7 turns all your commanders to monsters. Even my old and tired Incendos feels like newborn. And no more dodging from enemy Alfred's, Geoffreys and Retrobots. Thank God for Dor
    Yes, that is very consistent to my observations. Retrobot and Incendos make critical hits like Strikers. And Dor often finishes the remainders...
    Galactic Chairman

Major General
    Got him at +7 since previous appearance. Forgot about misses and it is now easier to go through wormholes.
    volente.s177 | world1080 merged | android |