Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Commander Focus #14: Dor

Galactic Chairman

Commander Focus #14: Dor

Dor.jpg

Hello, Commanders,

This week we will talk about the great commander: Dor. Dor was the first Ranger released with the new feature that allow players to upgrade the ship special according to his augument level. His single target special starts with a 120% special modifier and increases hit rate and critical chance by 20% for one round. When you augument him this value increases as:
    +3: 125% modifier and 35% hit rate and critical;
    +7: 130% modifier and 50% hit rate and critical;
    +10: 135% modifier and 65% hit rate and critical;
    +15: 140% modifier and 80% hit rate and critical.

At +7 stage the increase at hit rate and critical chance is the same as Dark Celeste, but with the plus that his special increases his own accumulator at 100, so if your accumulator is no depleted you can always shot special!!!

I'm using Dor since he was released and I'm amazed with him. If I know the opponents formation I have a great chance even against super strong players. Even if you don't know yout enemy's formation he is a game changer. Last league Dor helped me a lot to even beat 197911 three times (197911 destroyed me many times, but the dream became true).

One of my fights against 197911 https://youtu.be/Yf-eDpHfygM

At arena even when I'm not using Paint Coats level 2 I can make a strong combo with Dor and Incendos to kill my enemies.

Dor has a very high dodge and defense attribute, which grants him a great survivability. When he fires in the beginning of the battle (first or second shot) all my commanders becomes monsters. My enemies definitely hate him. And on second round he can uses another special, making a lot more damage than a normal attack, specialty when he has received at least 1 shot in first round to overcharge his accumulator.
    In events like Infinity the Cosmos (Worm Hole), he is a tremendous help. He avoids your commander to miss and gives them a high chance to make a critical hit (that only is not effective when Tap decides that all our commander will do only 22 damage).

With this special Dor is an extremely offensive commander, although as a single target without disable he opens a door (couldn't resist) for a counter attack of your enemy. Even with his critical chance he normally can't one shot kill an enemy with power closes to yours, so he buffs your team, but he also overcharges one of your enemy's commander. With this in mind you can imagine an overcharged Icendos/Stratus/Retrobot, for example, doing a very high damage to your team.

If you don't put Dor to fire early he will still be a great help, but he will lose a lot of his assistance power, as the biggest problem for your enemies is the critical special. Although, if he is protected in second round he becomes a killing machine, releasing special all the time and avoiding your commander to miss.

As everything in the game Dor has a good and bad side, so we need to think and balance things in our strategy. I'm sure you can bring here more feedback about him, as enemy and as ally. I don't much information about him as enemy, because I'm the only one in my server using him.

Do you already have Dor? Can you bring more insights about him? Plans to get him? Comment here and let's discuss about this great commander.

See you in the Galaxy!
    Last edited by Anakin; July 12th, 2016 at 01:24.
    Galactic Chairman

I love Dor. Definitely worth a lot (although perhaps not as much as monopoly made me pay for him). He raised my fleet's one huge notch.

Thanks for great review! Do anyone know worst case cost for dna this time?

I really want to start getting more of these great augmentation commanders, but looking at the rewards in the chests 15 items are pure junk. Even if the odds were fair thats an 83.33% chance of getting rubbish on the first chest.

This is going to be an expensive commander for a while, so i think i will save my slowly growing stock pile of credits for now.
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

Lieutenant
    I really would like to get him, because he would be great replacement for my Roxy. Augmented to +5 he is already better in his special buff. His base def, dodge, anticrit and critical is higher. And with Kit+4 as Lt he is able to disable opponents protector for whole fight. I am hesitating now, go for him or wait for 3 years GL anniversary - maybe taps will release some new OP exclusive commander...

Ком в составе,скоро будет на +7 но даже сейчас радут не по детски)))

His skill are really good , help your others commanders to be more powerfull
    I had Roxy that has the same skills for help ...
    So think to not spent on him , and for more cost too much
    But if noone had not Roxy .. he is needed on your team .. for diffrent events like :
    Worm Hole
    Primus Invasion
    Arena fight too
    Aleks.s845 World803 Android
    ( play for fun .. and i enjoy the game ..)
    The best Wishes to All

nice info i ve roxy
    =ERL=.s68 world 971 Android

Lieutenant
    The good thing is that Dor is almost never could be countered as his attack is always SATK, so zero base penetration is not so bad as it looks at the beginning. I will compose him tomorrow and will replace Roxy. Will put Kit+4 on him and will look, what my opponents with Geoffreys will do then Unfortunately this weekend without Pandora, so I will not be able to fully test my new commander and develop right formation with him.
    Last edited by armenas; July 14th, 2016 at 07:51.

Lieutenant General
    . His single target special starts with a 120% special modifier and increases hit rate and critical chance by 20% for one round. When you augument him this value increases as:
    +3: 125% modifier and 35% hit rate and critical;
    +7: 130% modifier and 50% hit rate and critical;
    +10: 135% modifier and 65% hit rate and critical;
    +15: 140% modifier and 80% hit rate and critical.

At +7 stage the increase at hit rate and critical chance is the same as Dark Celeste, but with the plus that his special increases his own accumulator at 100, so if your accumulator is no depleted you can always shot special!!!
    This is point what i love at Dor, we have another version of Cosmos Commander - Celeste with cheaper cost. And with full 100 accum, he is assitance best to teamate
    zZ Police Zz.s241 world1144 android