Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: primus best formation

Sergeant

primus best formation

Hi I am wondering this for some time now and have many people saying different arguments and some are solid. What really is the best primus formation? I use st nick , Emma , Thaddeus , Violette. But if I use queen Emma instead of st nick I seems to do more damage. Also I use Emma with Elsa +4 to die last and with luck I get a few more shots when she is supposed to die. Some other use Vladimir or aethos even dark celeste to boost critical and only lockers. They get a lot of damage but I can't really measure to them until I have max z bozon atk and satk . on some rounds I get low damage and they catch me because their damage is more consistent but they have hard time to win . all my ships have 125% hit rate so I don't miss and the others too. What you guys think about this?

I think I can answer some of your questions but not all.

Personally I think locking and accu depletion are key and superior to fiersome damage dealers like Vladimir. I had an eager discussion on that with Jane in our Chairmen group and intend to compile that into kind of summary in future.

1. Emma with Elsa [+4] or Violette as last dying ship?

With the Primus setup St. Nick, Thad, Emma, Vio, FS you have 3 possible runs:
      0 FS lock, 1 FS lock and 2 FS lock (I will call it type 0, 1 and 2, respectively). Assuming 50 % lock rate of FS that means 50 % Type 0 battles, 25 % type 1 battles and 25 % type 2 battles. (Furthermore I assume all ships have sufficient hit rate and penetration for 100% unblocked and undodged hits.)

In type 0 and 2 the last locker fires a normal attack after locking then dies. Here up to three more rounds are possible (as far as I know Elsa's hide ability can trigger at 0, 25 and 50 % accu, right?).

In type 1 last locker fires with 50 % accu so one more round is possible by hiding.

The possible outcomes of up to three hidings are 0 hidings in 50% of cases, 1 hide in 25 %, 2 hides in 12.5 % and 3 hides in 12.5 %. For up to 1 hiding it is 50:50.

So on average we will see 0.5 x 0 + 0.25 x 1 + 0.125 x 2 + 0.125 x 3 = 0.875 Emma hidings in type 0 and 2. And 0.5 Emma hidings on average in type 1 battles.

Taking into account the probabilities of the different battle types we get 0.5 x 0.875 + 0.25 x 0.5 + 0.25 x 0.875 = 0.78 Emma hidings per battle (when Emma is last ship). That means 0.78 additional normal Emma attacks.

Is this better than using Violette until the end? Based on commander properties Vio's ATK is about 34 % higher, the S-ATK about 43 %, special modifier 100 % vs. 120 %, crit. chance 0 % vs 10 %.

In type 0 battle you have for Violette 3 specials (S) and 9 normal ( N ) attacks and for Emma 2 S and 6 N attacks. In type 1: Vio: 3S + 11N; Emma: 2S + 7N. In type 2: Vio: 4S + 13N; Emma: 3S + 10N.

So you replace on average 1 special (VS) and 3.25 normal (VN) attacks of Violette by 1 special (ES) and 3.25 + 0.78 = 4.03 normal (EN) attacks of Emma.

So what is better: 1VS + 3.25VN or 1ES + 4.03EN? I think Violette attacks do that more damage to compensate for 0.78 more Emma attacks. In my personal case that might be biased by the fact that Violette is augmented to [+4] and Emma usually only if I have spare Chips.

2. Can hybrid setups be better than lock/depletion focused fleets?

3 Lockers without Flynn/St. Nick make up to 9 rounds / 32 hits when locking is focussed. 3 Lockers with Flynn/St. Nick will do 12 rounds / 37 hits. Hard to believe that Vlad/highest damage dealer compensates 5 hits completely but players would not use if those setups were obviously worse.
    Last edited by Nachteule; September 15th, 2015 at 09:38.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Craven/Chris/Slade T-IV [+15], Sky Mightlis [+15], Penelope [+15], Galaxy Lord [+T3], Roland [+T3]

Sergeant
    I have so much chips for heroes I can augment my primus formation. Thaddeus +4 Emma +4 queen Emma +5 Violette +4. Also you this depends on the galactonite I use on each hero . If you put your best equipment and galactonite on Emma she will do more damage than Violette. Also I have my set up specially designed for this formation. I understand in paper you are right math dont lie. . thank you for the answer ��

Galactic Chairman

I used for some weeks Emma with Elsa+4 as Lieutenant and I concluded that leave Violette as the last ship to die and Emma with Gonzalo as Lieutenant gives more damage on total.

I didn't try to use Queen in primus formation, because with St. Nick any of my commanders miss, so I can't do the appropriated test.

I think to use Vladimir in place of the depleter is not good enough, because you will lose too much attacks, but Aethos, for example, gives extra 30% criticaria chance for 2 random allies and this can help a lot. Same with Celeste and Dark Celeste.

Any of you tried frost in the place of the depleter? As I don't have frost I can't test a friend's formation.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
    [COLOR="#008000"]
    I used for some weeks Emma with Elsa+4 as Lieutenant and I concluded that leave Violette as the last ship to die and Emma with Gonzalo as Lieutenant gives more damage on total.

I didn't try to use Queen in primus formation, because with St. Nick any of my commanders miss, so I can't do the appropriated test.

I think to use Vladimir in place of the depleter is not good enough, because you will lose too much attacks, but Aethos, for example, gives extra 30% criticaria chance for 2 random allies and this can help a lot. Same with Celeste and Dark Celeste.

Any of you tried frost in the place of the depleter? As I don't have frost I can't test a friend's formation.
    Frost is a bit tricky due to his random accumulator buff. In a primus formation, that can mean overlapped (wasted) lock effects. When invisibility was treated like shields were w.r.t. removal time mechanics, the best primus formations were 4 rangers + your flagship, and Elsa+4 as Lt.

But now that 1 round of invisibility is not the same thing as 1 round of shield...
    time's up.

I have been using the Thadd, Q. Emma, Emma and Violette formation for a long time and I hardly believe there is a better formation. Q. Emma makes sure Primus does not use his special and is last to die. Of course a good deatheye is required.

Primus is now on lvl 72 on my world.

Well I have two formations that I use.

Primus:
    Thad
    Emma
    Flynn
    Viollete

I like this old school deplete and lock method with
    Elsa +4 on Emma. I feel like accumulator level is half the battle to maximize damage.

Primus Invasion
    Incendos
    Aethos
    Aquos
    Thantos

Top 200 every time and an r6.
    Lvl100 :: World 893

Chairmen: Evil Genius
    Galactic Chairmen
    Admin: [AoW] Art Of War Faction

Line: _bean_

One-Star Admiral
    Hey Bean,

Nice to see you here. I have a question please: what fromation is best for Primus Invasion in order to maximize damage? I did it one time with your Primus formation and made it to place 1300, and 2 times with my regular formation (Bones, Frost, DA, Vladimir) and got one r6 one time and placed 1422 on the other occasion. I'm level 99 now.

I can fight in only one of the two instances...any advice?

Thank you

Yes I only play the first event myself. Then I place my ship in the top right node for more points. Just use coats and force up during first event to get a high a ranking as possible and you should get an r6 every event. I recommend saving the r6 nukes for a r7 converter that should be out any time now.
    Lvl100 :: World 893

Chairmen: Evil Genius
    Galactic Chairmen
    Admin: [AoW] Art Of War Faction

Line: _bean_

Формирование флота на праймуса во многом зависит от величины аккумулятора на командире.