Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New title new gifts forum event

New title new gifts forum event

Today i was surprised to read about this new event introduced by our beloved t4f.
    The event could be quite lucrative for some active members of this forum, indeed... including myself

Did t4f staff ever heared about spam/flooding (useless replies) on a forum?
    Today I've been overwhelmed by lots (i mean LOTS) of mostly useless comments on various threads (even on few already outdated ones as the corresponding one-time events are finished for soms time)
    The obvious result of this initiative - various people suddenly found their vocation as writers and started to comment on any thread (+1 being probable the shortest way to do it, so try it , in addition to lots of "thanks" or "cool" or whatsoever) just to get a higher rank/reward from their forum activity.
    Useful? No. Definitely. At least imho.
    Meaningful replies are given by the same, rather old, forum members who don't really care about some extra chips. it is the case when less is better..
    Last edited by Pliusomiot; July 2nd, 2016 at 11:28.
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

One-Star Admiral
    I was thinking exactly the same ... "Let's see how much spam will this generate" ... and it did generate lots of it, as expected.
    On the other hand counting the useful replies every month is next to impossible for all forum members.
    My guess is after everyone gets the number of comments needed for maximum awards this month, either the event will stop or the spam will diminish greatly
    богдан.s387/World 187/iOS

Corporal
    In the beginning I did not understand... I thought tap was referring to the in game position... but now I understand.
    reading much more from now on forum !!!

"thanks" or "cool" only need to be prohibited now.

Well, we will see how it goes ... meanwhile we just have to put up with spam posts, which at the present moment is that many ... yet

and enjoy the free credits and tech points at the end of the month ... 29 days to go
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Corporal
    Lets spam a little bit ��. Is it a one time event or monthly? Just wonder....

Yes I also have the same concern about a spam. However a very good way how to reward activity on forum with extra few credits.
    Suddenly the forum becomed alive.. of course apart the seeasoned contributors/admins who always make this forum very enjoyable, and some critics like me who wonder about everything, what does/does not makes sense
    Frankie.s214 , World 1117\ Merged, Android
    PVP: Sniper Ursa [ +7], Dark Russian [+7], Crazy Frog [+7], Handsome Evil [ +7], FS [+7]

No longer playing GL ...

yep i see alot of games wheee the developers make an event to encurage spam fest then get mad about the spam

only 1987 more posts needed

Three-Star Admiral
    exactly i was looking for a thread like this. its very irritating especially when it's a sentence a post. wtf. cant be more obvious than that. meanwhile those vets who actually contributed much gets the same. come on. mods i hope there's some policing, ya its extra work but i hope the right thing is done. thanks in advance (not that itz affecting me, small fry here).

Good to know that I'm not the only one who consider this event to be wrong. I started to fear that i have a twisted optic and i consider to be flawed an outstanding event.. now I'm relieved

On topic.. anyone with minimal management abilities know a simple rule: "you get what you reinforce"
    In the past, the forum prizes used to be granted for useful, relevant, interesting topics/replies/tips etc. And many older threads consists of mostly useful game related info.
    With this event, in less than 24 hours, the number of replies in different threads exploded. In this tempo, in few days we will see many threads with several pages filled in with "hello", "gracias", "bla-bla-bla" etc.

Mr. T4f admin, please cancel this madness.
    On any forum it takes time to find useful bits of information in a haystack of replies. But now it will be few times more difficult to do it imho

Arguable, more new forum members could lead to a more interesting exchange of opinions.
    Those several new members who had already left their footsteps in few dosens of threads could spread the word among their peers and even more new members will be attracted. Nothing bad so far..
    But please, mr tf4 admin, start a distinct thread just for spam. And allow those bounty hunters to fill it up page after page after page.. just don't flood the useful ones, please.
    Last edited by Pliusomiot; July 2nd, 2016 at 11:47.
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member