Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Galactic Chairmen Guide :: Preparing for the Geoffrey Mirror Match

Galactic Chairmen Guide :: Preparing for the Geoffrey Mirror Match

With Geoffrey a very powerful protector was introduced recently. From augmentation level +7 onwards in my opinion he is the strongest available Protector in the game at the moment. Maybe even stronger some of the CtC top Protectors like Katiya Storm, Carter, Alkharaz, Goodman (who was goodman?) or Penelope.

He is a so obvious improvement for many fleets that Geoffrey within 2 events became one of the most used commanders in moderate to high spender fleets.

So independently from each players individual situation one have to prepare to encounter many Geoffreys. But are there ways to take influence on Geoffrey battles? I think: yes.

First to say - and not the best message for players without Geoffrey - the best generic answer to opposing Geoffreys in an own Geoffrey. Players without him have a heavy stand against him. Force-wise much stronger fleets can be taken down easily if they cannot take him down fast. But what may turn the scales to one's own benefit when Geoffrey faces Geoffrey? That's what this article is about.

1. Chose the best position
    I am convinced Geoffrey must shot first. Not in terms of who starts the battle but of one's own commanders. Adding those HP shields renders many special attacks useless and just results in charging hit commanders' accus. So where to put in first row? Many players put a strong attacker at position 1 and another one (and if they have the spot open already) in position 3. Especially higher spenders seem to love position 3 for their opening attack. So Geoffrey is probably best placed a position 2 and 1.

2. Select the best lieutenant
    I tested all obvious options: Krill, Kit, Acc'tan. And the last one is by far the best choice. Krill and Kit can be useful in situations but once you entered Acc'tan loop the battle is hardly recoverable for your opponent. Especially in long-lasting mirror matches Krill and Kit cannot prevent that their main commander slowly dies.

3. Protect your Destroyer
    In a Geoffrey mirror match there are two conditions that ensure win in most situations. Have Acc'tan activations running and have all potential threats eliminated. Most dangerous threats are Destroyer and Roxy. If both conditions are fulfilled then you cannot lose any more. And by current battle algorithm design the attacker wins the battle if he/she does not die within 30-40 rounds. Many players expose their Destroyer for a devastating first attack. But I think in Geoffrey matches this is an outdated tactic. Even Incendos cannot one shot Geoffrey and so in most cases the result is a Geoffrey with running Acc'tan activations and even if 1-2 ships were killed often Incendos is too exposed and dies before Geoffrey was handled.
    I have very good experiences with Incendos/Destroyer in last row. If opponent has Geoffrey active and Incendos got blocked by Jackie then a last row position means in many cases that 1) Incendos has a high Accu overcharge when he fires his special, 2) by end of round 2 when Incendos/Destroyer finally launches special attack the Shields provided by opposing Geoffrey have been gone and hit target suffer serious damage.

4. To Kit or not to Kit - that is here the question
    If you have a commander that shots the special every round like Okto, Valerie, Dor... it's an obvious choice to put Kit here. But I encountered many Geoffreys during Galaxy League and from that experience I can say a single Kit activation did not ruin my battles. So between Mileena, Krill, Elsa, Zaffrey, Violette, Kit and Jackie I think Kit is not a must-use even in Geoffrey heavy environment.

5. Have the better Geoffrey
    Often after some rounds the battle is reduced to the Geoffreys on each side and one or two additional commanders. Especially if the remaining commanders are Destroyers the battle will be won by the player with the better Geoffrey. Better means mainly higher block and higher penetration. Make sure these attributes are as high as possible. The more block-counters the better protection for the rest of the fleet!

6. Stratus? Stratus!!
    At least at +7 Stratus lowers Geoffrey's defense enough that even some Acc'tan activations can be compensated. That can be enough to kill Geoffrey. But I guess Stratus owners don't need the hint.

So these are my ideas about dealing with Geoffrey in my opponents' fleets. I hope you find some ideas helpful for your own battles. Please share your opinions about best ways to deal with him!
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

One-Star Admiral
    I would argue that there are some exception to the position you suggested.

Most notable exception is ... Stratus. After I got Stratus I often found him better suited for fire first in my formation than Geoffrey.
    First of all if you are the fastest one, yes Geoffrey is good as 1st shoot, but if you are the 2nd to fire and the enemy starts with a Kit activation, you lost a lot, possible the fight. On the other hand stopping Stratus is way more difficult since Volkof requires 2 strikers and has only 50% chance to activate. It's also both an offensive and defensive move at the same time, since Stratus not only lowers the defense but also locks.
    The second option is to start with Maggie. Maggie is also a very defensive commander and her S-ATK can be read as "deplete enemy accumulator"
    In both situations I prefer Geoffrey to shoot 2nd or even 3rd.

6) You need 11 Acc'tan activations in order to not worry about Stratus +7
    богдан.s387/World 187/iOS

Thank you

Really great information..

I dont have goffrey ... but i had my lovely Roxy .. and she really do a good job against him with the support of Alfred with krill .. goffrey seems to be a little more weakly ... naturally using and Kids like lieutelment ..

��

I believe that Dark Asgard has no match for him, I am currently the first in arena even without Geoffrey I still stand against 2 players in my server who have him. It is getting harder and harder day by day especially when they augment him even higher. Time BOMB uh oh...
    VIP 6 raylight.s570 world 1473 highest speed first in arena level 105
    My fleet: Ursa(+6)lt. violette(+4), Fearsome Devil(+6)lt jackie, Alfred(+7)lt.Krill(+7), Stratus(+7)lt.Kit(+4), Flagship(+6)lt.mileena. Give me suggestions to improve my fleet thank you!!

Section Leader
    Stratus and geoffry the nest to have in the same team
    Best Regards,

General Discussion Section Leader

Admin in the Foundation Group: The Asylum for Best Warriors Advice

I am using Geoffrey and Joya. Its a very good combo if you can keep Joya alive. Her ship is weak but her attack is great. I have noticed though that everyone seems to be doing better attack then me. I have maxed out all forms of shooting tech (atk, s-atk, and e-atk) yet my shots just seem to reduce the opponents health by 2-3 bars. how can this be?
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

Maxed Reshape and HD tech, TS-3 or even TS-4 Modules, as well as R-7 Guardian, Mag-Cloud, Pri-Energy, higher Augmentation levels... I think many long-term players that did not use Credits to speed-up the process are reaching Reshape levels 100 currently. Similar for HD technology especially HD HP.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Section Leader
    Yes f we use Geoffry and have 60% hp on ts 3 module and all our reshapes to 100% we can have over 13 milions hp for our fleets...
    Best Regards,

My ts3 for protector is on 110% and refuses to get to 120%. Its a nice load of extra hp and certainly helps keep the commanders alive. Even my fs has well over 2M hp now
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

Section Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    My ts3 for protector is on 110% and refuses to get to 120%. Its a nice load of extra hp and certainly helps keep the commanders alive. Even my fs has well over 2M hp now
    lol you got so much % on your protector ts 3 i got only 905 maximum.
    Best Regards,