Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game Crashes

Game Crashes #fix inside#on 1st page.

After the new update today. I can't log into my game. It loads and when it enters the main screen it crashes.

What is going on?

06/13/16 ok I was able to fix this. Hopefully it helps others. Here's what I found on another site.

For android only.
    Go to settings, go to storage[usualy in general tab], go to misc. Find tap4fun and delete it. Restart and Run the game, it should work. Worked for me after 4 days with out being able to log in due to crashes.
    Last edited by matilda; June 13th, 2016 at 20:16.

same - the specific error I get is 'Connection error. please retry error. 1_2_0'. and cannot get past that even after killing GL or restarting device.

I started seeing this after switching accounts. If you have another account on another device and are already logged in. Dont switch or log out.

good luck getting help from support. they have never addressed one of my over 50 bugs in the past year or even acknowledged them...

I intend to try reinstalling the game next.

I just got in. Here is what I did:
    1. went to play store and did an update (for galaxy legend)
    2. tried to login again and still failed. tried a few times.
    3. went to application manager and did a force stop.
    4. tried again. it failed a few times and them magically worked. I don't know if it was anything I did or Tap fixed it. afraid to try on another device.

btw I am on android. good luck!

Still not working.
    I hope it's not true. But I've read on GL forums(some 1 wrote) that this game will be down for 5 days or so. Also alot off ppl are having this issue all over the world.

Bunch of bs.!

T4$ won't even post anything about this. Great support tap!

Hi I had this issue also yesterday on both phone and tablet. Also the forums (this and the old) was down. This morning all works again but only on my phone. On my tablet however I still can't access either game or forums.

It happened during primus yesterday and i solved the issue by enforcing DNS server to 8.8.8.8 (free google.com dns server) as someone on the same fb GL page suggested.
    From a whois querry i learned that yesterday some domain related records were changed.
    Regular nslookup querries for tap4fun.com domain are not functional at this moment.
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

As posted on facebook:

The problem with WiFi AND mobile data (3g/4g) is that the home DSL routers and the 3g/4g connections have fixed DNS hosts configured often defined by the internet provider.

For WiFi you can use a workaround: As written in other thread for each device you can configure by hand which DNS host you use if you make the WiFi connection without DHCP.

This requires you to remove your WiFi from the saved configurations and then re-connect. On re-connect DO NOT JUST ENTER WiFi password but check advanced settings (or similar). Then uncheck DHCP and enter an IP address in your local network manually. There you set DNS = 8.8.8.8 (google public DNS)
    Then it should work.

For 3g/4g you CANNOT adjust DNS UNLESS you ROOT your device. (Because DNS is defined by mobile data provider.)

I suppose tap4fun has changed IP address of their hosts and now it takes some days until DNS is updated all over the internet. It depends on which cycle time the various DNS servers flush their DNS caches. Also possible that some DNS servers just removed the tap4fun servers because a service fee was not paid...
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

So if I don't have wifi I'm stuck? For how long? Also, what does it mean to ROOT my device.
    Last edited by matilda; June 10th, 2016 at 12:55. Reason: add question

Quote Originally Posted by matilda View Post
    So if I don't have wifi I'm stuck? For how long?
    I don't know. If you own two devices you may try to configure one as W-LAN access point and configure WiFi as mentioned in the other device with GL.

But how can you use this forum? In my case forum and App did not work and after switching DNS to 8.8.8.8 both worked again.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Thankz @Nachteule

I'll try this idea at home...
    Hope it will solve all the issues!

Cheers