Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Geoffrey vs. Dark Asgard

Will DA or Geoff replace the 2mill shield of lance? Or will Lance keep his shield?

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by matilda View Post
    Will DA or Geoff replace the 2mill shield of lance? Or will Lance keep his shield?
    in my opinion, Lance special of 2M shield will be replaced. better DA/Geoff should use their specials first before lance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachteule View Post
    No, shields of different commanders do not stack, they replace each other. Latest shield is valid.
    Hi mate, do you read the threads you create?
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Having Lance and Dark Asgard in the same formation (especially if DA shoots his special after Lance's) shows poor strategy, with very few exceptions. Lance's shield is 2M, while DA's is 200K (although for all ships). DA's shield actually replaces Lance's, so any advantage Lance has from his 2M shield is lost. I learned this the hard way, and never use these two commanders together anymore. However, I keep using DA in my PVP formation He's a great defender, with high anti-crit, block, and pretty decent attack. Plus, the extra 200K shield, while not enough, sometimes makes the difference between victory and defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachteule View Post
    Hi mate, do you read the threads you create?
    Yes I do. There was nothing about lance.

THANKS for the info guys.

Yes I do. There was nothing about lance.

THANKS for the info guys.
    It was said more in general: "...shields of different commanders do not stack.". But easy to miss.

So so-called HP Shields created by Dark Asgard, Geoffrey, Lance, Annica, Flagship with lieutenant Vulturine, opposing Akhenaton (Pharaoh's Curse), Aquos (copying one of the mentioned commanders) all do not stack (with the exception of Annica's own shields).

Stardust Shields and HP Shields do "stack" (property-wise) as far as I know,
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Recruit
    Warden will be the commander that last out of the two. Soon he will be lance, i own Gregory but i wouldn't count out warden an amazing commander with an awesome special. Dor over roxy is a no Brainer, but that's why i dont instantly buy new.

I use DA for many many months.. he is very good and wit Acctan +4 as Lt. he us great, sure but best free ship next to Kabal... (with good gala, high block, counter, anti crit, solid attack, increases own crit chance) for low spender vip6 and below, who are on month card credit diet and refuse spending.. it is as good as it gets.
    Truth is i like Geofry... and if i had enough saved credits probably i would replace DA with him, i have seen CCC and if top32 is using it ..it is good for everyone ..but I really preffer percentage skilled ships... with r7 behind corner and lvl110... 2m will not be enough and t4f knows that..so now G looks strong overpowered but soon history...

DA's shields are better than Geoffrey for lower- leveled players as his last 2 rounds (vs Geoffrey's 1 round). Even ignoring the shield strength & duration, though, Geoffrey is far superior to DA thanks to his dodge, block, and hit rate characteristics.

Regarding the shields - shields issued in the same instant can stack. Shields issued in different instances will replace. Thus when Annica's S-ATK creates 2 shields, if both fall on the same commander, then their values are additive (200k + 400k = 600k). When Aquos copies Annica, the same rule applies - the shields are created simultaneously, so they can add together if the same commander is selected for each one.
    time's up.

Geoffrey of course...