Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Geoffrey vs. Dark Asgard

Geoffrey vs. Dark Asgard

Who do you think is better as an over all comander? DA is a tier higher that Geoff in the handbook. But to me it seems Geoff is better than DA. What are your thoughts?

I share yours! :-)
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Geoff all the way

DA has only one major advantage - it's free
    Otherwise, t4f did start the 3rd generation of commanders (actually it's the 5th or 6th one, after S, destroyers, overpowered S, dark, SS ones)- the one that will make any low spender to quit asap due to high difference in abilities and stats between free/cheap commanders and latest new and expensive ones ;(
    Latest few top S commanders are better than many dark ones or even older ss ones in terms of special abilities.
    Now, the CCC rule - big pockets is the only thing that matters- has moved to regular gameplay. Sadly.

Aside from that, there is one more big difference between DA and Geoffrey - in order to get DA a player has to learn how to choose wisely the weaponry, stones and commanders for active fleet, how to place them on the battlefield, etc (he learns to think in terms of battle gameplay).
    In order to get Geoffrey a player has to learn only how to use his credit card with google market, nothing more is required.
    Last edited by Pliusomiot; June 6th, 2016 at 18:11.
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

You can question to buy armoray,roxy,cryptor etc still i am thinking which is better cryptor or cabal+ elsa or instead of armoray is it better to use roxy+ krill but geoffrey is probably best safe choice and most bought commander. İ wont replace him wlth any other commander.

One more question. If I have both DA and Geoffrey. Will their shields stack?

No, shields of different commanders do not stack, they replace each other. Latest shield is valid.

Annica's shields stack and so my question for the Aquos owners: If own Annica puts up shields and own Aquos copies opposing Annica's skill. Do those shields stack?
    Last edited by Nachteule; June 6th, 2016 at 19:58.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Quote Originally Posted by Pliusomiot View Post
    Aside from that, there is one more big difference between DA and Geoffrey - in order to get DA a player has to learn how to choose wisely the weaponry, stones and commanders for active fleet, how to place them on the battlefield, etc (he learns to think in terms of battle gameplay).
    In order to get Geoffrey a player has to learn only how to use his credit card with google market, nothing more is required.
    Yeah, took me a while but my attempt to get Dark Asgard taught me better tactics and strategy
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

this is comment of the day!!! I love it it is sad but true...

Sure Geof is better, most of players recognized it.. once there will be precentage defender not absolute value shield type, then big spending rolls again, T4F is keeping up good work to opening your pockets
    Frankie.s214 , World 1117\ Merged, Android
    PVP: Sniper Ursa [ +7], Dark Russian [+7], Crazy Frog [+7], Handsome Evil [ +7], FS [+7]

No longer playing GL ...

Otherwise, t4f did start the 3rd generation of commanders (actually it's the 5th or 6th one, after S, destroyers, overpowered S, dark, SS ones)- the one that will make any low spender to quit asap due to high difference in abilities and stats between free/cheap commanders and latest new and expensive ones ;(
    Latest few top S commanders are better than many dark ones or even older ss ones in terms of special abilities.
    Now, the CCC rule - big pockets is the only thing that matters- has moved to regular gameplay. Sadly.
    This is very true. The wheels are spinning faster and faster and new commanders and lieutenants are often crazy overpowered. I guess Geoffrey is maybe the top protector of this game atm. Sure probably Moracle will last a bit longer with his percentage special but next monopoly/treasure hunt protector will send them both to the bench.

I can only imaging how much money Skverl had to pay for Katiya Storm. If I don't remember wrong Katiya Storm didn't make it to top 32 this time but there were like hundreds of Geoffrey there. I guess Skverl is not to happy now. Just like me who spent heavy credits on Warden just weeks before Geoffrey was released.

And just to make things even more painful a player on my server landed Geoffrey for less than 1k (including reset cost). How fun is that? Btw the same player has landed several top commander chips in chest events for pocket change. Why is this game so uneven? Some have so much luck, others none.

Anyway to the original question, yes Geoffrey much better than DA. But like others said, DA is free, it's good battle training to get him (unless you use the Annica/flag only method), and he is a descent commander. The shields he give away is nothing against lv100 players (the same way Geoffreys one day soon will be obsolete) but he is good at blocking and counter enemy Rovers.