Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who should i get? (A question by a new player)

Who should i get? (A question by a new player)

If a new player comes into the game and asks "Who should i get?"

What would your recommendation be?

For serious players who started late 2015, most of them skipped getting Lance (fond memories of him) or Brom Bones (is he still worth it?)

What would your top 3 commander, in order of getting, with reasons, for a good fleet for someone who is willing to ... let's just say, save and top up 60K every quarter (the bulk of which will be from silver month card savings)

For example:
    1. Alfred - Primus Invasion for get R6 nuclear & Primus for cubits
    2. Geoffrey - more HP to survive in Pandora when up against older servers with higher HP
    3. Incendos - most-est damage with first shot

The 4th commander will be some new commander not yet introduced ....

For the sake of the discussion, we will ignore commanders that are mostly used as Lieutenant.

Dear Galaxy Legend Commander help make a new Galaxy Legend ...
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

That is not so easy to answer... because first I would go for 3 tool commanders to enable Z Boson, lots of Cubits... but probably not the answer the player wants to hear.

1. Annica (last side task event between 2 and 7k Credits depending on Wormhole and VIP level up to 12k) - to pass Chaos Quasar from the very beginning. Will get you Dark Asgard which should allow to get enough kills in Primus Invasion for R-5.
    2. Violette (10 k)
    3. Flynn (Quarks or up to 12k Credits in side task events)

After hitting level 100 after 2-3 quarters then it's time to us the saved Credits for PVP/Pandora relevant commanders with long-term usefulness.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

High Spenders:

Incendos, Incendos, Incendos....He is out right the best normal commander available and is used by the top players. his damage is second to none and he will be with you long after he is replaced by the next destroyer. Next commanders dont really have an order as such...only the order your wallet can sustain and when offered from tap in an event but would recommend Warden or Geoffrey for protectors, Alfred or Cryptor for rangers, Roxy or Sirenne for rovers, and finally Armoray or Stratus for strikers. Choosing one from each category means you have a complete and balanced fleet (cant have all classes as formation number short by 1).

For low - none spenders:

Some of the old commanders are getting huge reductions in price and still hit extremely hard. There is no ideal starting point if your wallet can not take the demand for new commanders as each has been replaced with the above. I would personally choose the Elemental commnaders as they still do their jobs well and you can get 4 of the elements fairly easily (Aethos the striker still works very well as a one shot dead commander, Aquos for his high dodge and copy skill makes him a good rover, Thantos the protector is as hard as rock )

Other important free commanders and very cheap commanders for other jobs like Primus:

Emma for her lock skill can be gained for free
    Thaddaeus for his lock is also a free commander
    Violette for her lock once again very helpful but as yet not available for free.

Lieutenants:

I focused on my main commanders before i started looking into Lt's but essentials include Jackie to stop destroyers, Kit to stop protectors, Krill to restore commander, Elsa to make rangers invisible, Zaffrey to make rovers invisible, and Violette for extra rover speed.

Many many more LT's but thats where i would start.
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

Lieutenant
    For me is:
    1)INCENDOS
    A must get destroyer that capable of one shot kill with his very high damage. Once you own him you most probably don't need to own another destroyer since he is one of strongest destroyer already, unless you want to change to SS commander which is insanely high in cost or Tap introduce another new destroyer.

2)GEOFFREY
    A must get protector for your fleets. With augmentation +7 he can bless your entire fleet with 2m shields during the fight! Not only that, pair the lieutenant Acc'tan to give him stackable 20% defenses each turn, making him a super heavy tank to normal attack, even Alfred curse attack can do nothing against him! That's make him a must have for PVP fight and also very useful in other area like primus invasion.

3)ALFRED
    A must get ranger to your fleet. Same like Cabal, he become stealth after his special attack. His advantage is that he does vertical attack, and he inflict curse to opponent which does 400% S-ATK after one round. With Elsa +4, he act as last resort which gain 50% to become stealth which can may turn the tide of the battle. With Krill +7, then prepare to own the primus in primus invasion. Beware, primus can really do nothing to you once you own that.

That's my personal opinion. And also my top three commander list.

This game is anything but short term play. On the other side, tap4fun releases new commanders every other week, most of them useless and designed only for old lvl players who have lots of augmentation chips in their stash to go for +7..+10..+15 - but that detail concerns t4f less.
    If I'll recommend an expensive top commander to a player in mid 50..60.. by the moment when he will hit lvl 100 his expensive commander will be obsolete, useful to scare newbies.

Therefore first concern of any new player should be long-term investments.
    That means tool commanders, as it was pointed already by Nachteule.

Commanders to get ASAP:
    1. Annika (crerits) - daily chaos quasar -> DA chips & bozons. Also she will fit quite nicely in any PvP fleet up to lvl 80 or even 90
    2. Violette (credit based), Flynn, Emma and Thaddeus(quarks, from portal) -> daily primus->enough cubits to upgrade weaponry, to collect galactonite energy during charged galactonite events, quarks from portal etc.

Next ones can be acquired over time
    3. A cheap mass hitting destroyer (Broom?) for base team and a one-shooting one like Dudoria (portal, for quarks) for some wormholes
    5. Mass hitting cheap Striker (Zack, Queen Emma & alike) to complete base PvP team (Annika - lt Violette , DA -lt Kit?, Broom - lt Jack)
    6. Jackie (credits) - as lieutenant for any destroyer.
    7. Khala (quarks, portal) - one of the fastest commanders available for low spenders, quite good monomer rover with powerful s-attack and an useful lt skill (helps to counteract primus high block in latest primus levels)

Later on, closer to lvl 90 maybe, next step could be Cabal&Elsa+4 combo to secure chaos for 90..100th levels. Still possible to pass chaos with Annika but more convinient is Cabal as he can be kept in a base low budget PvP team instead of Annika, so only minimal changes needed for daily chaos (take off weapons and galas from FS, reqruit dummies/dismiss base team members and go, thus, save on one extra fleet setup)

I'll say it again.. there is no point to invest in some expensive commanders before one will hit lvl 100 (and maybe some more time afterwards)
    Focus first on bosoning full sets of weapons for a destroyer and for a non destroyer fleets, collect and level up some useful galactonites for the team, gather free augmentation chips etc. It could turn out that once a player will hit lvl 100 ( and will start to understand how actually things are going on) - he/she might want to quit. If he/she will decide to keep playing (for a new player to reach lvl 100 will mean at least 7-8 months from now).. well, there will be at least some 14-15 new commanders released in the meantime and it may turn out that Incendos, Alfred, Geoffrey, Armoray, Sirenne Cryptor Krill etc will be just obsolete but expensive records in player's profile in the game database.
    Aside from that...
    If a player will reach lvl 100 and still will ask what commanders does he need.. well.. hm.. why does he/she keep playing?))

Post edit note: during my journey to lvl 100 (just hit lvl 98), tf4 has released 30 new commanders. Half of them are SS and sub SS variants (available only to top CtC spenders, being charged at 2500+ USD/commander) but the other half are regular (and also really expensive at 200+ USD) S commanders.
    Last edited by Pliusomiot; June 17th, 2016 at 16:48. Reason: Minor spelling corrections
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

Pliusomiot. Your words are logical and rationally thought.

Both your commander list and the reason behind getting is what will help a new player do well without spending lots of credits.

Thank you.
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Some additional notes: in my opinion there are no budget rangers (except emma but she was free) worth anyone's money before one has enough augmentation chips to up 2 commanders at least to +3. Maybe Elsa could fit that bill since she will be useful later on as lt but her 66% SATC special is rather weak compared to 120..150% available for other classes.
    For this reason i opted for non-ranger team before i collected enough chips to up her to +4 and only then I replaced Annika with her 120% horizontal SATACK with Cabal (and i was lucky to get him for free too, in portal, just like Elsa)

Out of other budget rangers, Lance is the big disappointment for me as his description at the time i bought him wasn't saying anything about his particularity. Even after getting over that, using my first r6 (and only - by chance I've got a Phantom r6 from my first r6 nuke), he wasn't performing quite well against new commanders in Pandora. I could try it now when i have fully (100) bosoned equipment but his stats are not recommending him anymore.
    So, despite the fact that rangers are among the most numerous clasess in GL, there are no budget ones to recommend right now to a new player.
    And when they will reach that lvl 100, they will opt for themselves without our recommendations.. i hope )))
    Last edited by Pliusomiot; June 17th, 2016 at 17:13.
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

Lieutenant General
    all is what u need. but u need get Incen first, he will help u fight for top 1 Arena, and u can get more credits from that
    zZ Police Zz.s241 world1144 android

nice info for newbies
    =ERL=.s68 world 971 Android

Quote Originally Posted by RuaKien View Post
    all is what u need. but u need get Incen first, he will help u fight for top 1 Arena, and u can get more credits from that
    I would disagree with this ..Incendos is good.(called Elemental generation). but already 2 new generations of commanders was generated by t4f.. definitively dont spend credits on incendos. I do like hime and saved lot of credits for him but... not worth to buy if you aim to fight in arena for top place..

I would recommend to wait, I would expect that new one comes soon as it was discussed in other threat
    http://galaxylegend.tap4fun.com/foru...tion-destroyer
    Frankie.s214 , World 1117\ Merged, Android
    PVP: Sniper Ursa [ +7], Dark Russian [+7], Crazy Frog [+7], Handsome Evil [ +7], FS [+7]

No longer playing GL ...