Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 58

Thread: Primus with Cryptor 2

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Lightbulb Primus with Cryptor 2

    I was thinking to post this video a week ago.. But as Primus penetration was increased after the last update, so Cryptor's blocking and counter-attacking ability became more infrequent now.

    Anyway, I'm still using this formation, and still reaching the Top1 on Primus battles on our server. ��

    P.S. Hope to get Alfred soon, so this formation should work even better..

    Watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/uOpDguCyJW0

    Last edited by SKIDIK; May 7th, 2016 at 03:43.

  2. #2
    Section Leader Lola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,041
    How much block are you running on Cryptor and Cabal? Who would you switch out for Alfred? Cabal?

  3. #3
    Super Moderator z3nithor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    w747 / w928 / w1086
    Posts
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    How much block are you running on Cryptor and Cabal? Who would you switch out for Alfred? Cabal?
    This formation requires >75% block on Cryptor to be more effective than variants that prioritize locking. It also requires high penetration on all your ships since Primus is largely not locked, and thus able to block&counter. If you can't guarantee Cryptor and Flynn/Claus/St.Nick hit Primus, this isn't a good formation. If Cryptor's block is only ~50-60%, this isn't a good formation (Primus penetration is ~30-35%, and you want to block more often than not (130% block would be perfect )


    And yes, Alfred would replace Cabal
    time's up.

  4. #4
    Four-Star Admiral JLeroux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    908
    Quote Originally Posted by z3nithor View Post
    This formation requires >75% block on Cryptor to be more effective than variants that prioritize locking. It also requires high penetration on all your ships since Primus is largely not locked, and thus able to block&counter. If you can't guarantee Cryptor and Flynn/Claus/St.Nick hit Primus, this isn't a good formation. If Cryptor's block is only ~50-60%, this isn't a good formation (Primus penetration is ~30-35%, and you want to block more often than not (130% block would be perfect )
    Something that I will need to try as I got Cryptor and Alfred and some dual R6 with block, hence will need to see what I can do to my Primus fleet to match this. That might mean that I will need to augment Cryptor more while Alfred (+6) it might already be a good start. What is to recommend Flynn or St. Nick or Claus? I have been using Flynn for as long as I remember but recently got St. Nick free from the portal hence he seems to do more damage, higher ATK and S-ATK?
    World684(iOS) - Lvl 110
    Fleet: Elena [+15], Nicholas [+15], Richard[+15], Roland (SS)[+15] and Slade (T5)[+15].

  5. #5
    Section Leader Lola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,041
    Quote Originally Posted by JLeroux View Post
    Something that I will need to try as I got Cryptor and Alfred and some dual R6 with block, hence will need to see what I can do to my Primus fleet to match this. That might mean that I will need to augment Cryptor more while Alfred (+6) it might already be a good start. What is to recommend Flynn or St. Nick or Claus? I have been using Flynn for as long as I remember but recently got St. Nick free from the portal hence he seems to do more damage, higher ATK and S-ATK?
    St. Nick is much better overall than Flynn.. not just Attk.. but Hit and Penetration too. Also some other goodies.

  6. #6
    Section Leader Lola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,041
    Wow, Z3nithor... how do you achieve such high block values? Augmentation on Cryptor? Besides a maxed R6 Phantom?
    Or is this for R7 Phantom?

    Do you need high block on Cabal/Alfred too? Same? 130%?

    Also, Thank you for the reply
    Last edited by Lola; September 21st, 2016 at 07:10.

  7. #7
    Section Leader Nachteule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    ... how do you achieve such high block values? Augmentation on Cryptor? Besides a maxed R6 Phantom?
    Or is this for R7 Phantom? ...
    75% block can be achieved with:
    - augmentation (+1% per Augmentation level): +30% at lv 5
    - Dual R-6 with block (9% initial, 3% per level): +30% at lv 8, +33% at lv 9
    - Lieutenant Kit: +3%
    - TS-x Modules: TS-2 max. +15%, TS-3 max. +20%, TS-4 max. +30%

    E. g. my Geoffrey (similar base block) has 98% block from mentioned characteristics (incl. +2% from Acc'tan). If not spending high amounts of Credits you need primarily time to collect the Galactonites/Chroma Prisms, the Gala Energy, the TS-x Module Chips.

    I would focus on lock-based fleet at early stage of game (Violette, Thaddaeus, St. Nick, Emma + lieutenants Khala/Flynn/Elsa/Gonzalo/Sophietia/Pele-Bot). Some of those commanders already have a bonus for hitrate and penetration. So I think it's easier to achieve.
    Last edited by Nachteule; September 21st, 2016 at 08:16.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

  8. #8
    What is the SO setup for this formation? FS no SO, Cabal Cryptor St.nick +110 (+50 so) thaddeus= +76 (+26 so)
    I transferred all my ranger chips to Dor, do you use cabal & cryptor as +0. I noticed high damage reduce but i cant transfer chips everyday. my cryptor's block is 59.5 when there is no augmentation +0.
    Last edited by cbehen; September 21st, 2016 at 07:33.
    FS+5, Dor+7, Maggie+6, Raksha+7 [krill+7], Joya+6

  9. #9
    Section Leader Lola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1,041
    Quote Originally Posted by cbehen View Post
    What is the SO setup for this formation? FS no SO, Cabal Cryptor St.nick +110 (+50 so) thaddeus= +76 (+26 so)
    I transferred all my ranger chips to Dor, do you use cabal & cryptor as +0. I noticed high damage reduce but i cant transfer chips everyday. my cryptor's block is 59.5 when there is no augmentation +0.
    I gathered this info from the vid above...
    CRYPTOR, CABAL, FLYNN +50
    THADDEUS +25
    FLAGSHIP +0

  10. #10
    Four-Star Admiral Kris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    855
    Thats the formation i use and have a nice amount of Block on Cryptor. Even then he doesnt counter all that often. But this formation still does more damage then lockers.

    Although another member on my server still uses the locker formation but has drafted in Roxy...he caught me up with the amount of damage he does so maybe its time to rethink my formation.
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

    You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •