Thread: Moderate Primus Guide - by Martin

Moderate Primus Guide - by Martin

I really want to call this the Ultimate Primus Guide, but I am being advised against such a move.

Something about conduct unbecoming a moderator. Also, it has come to my attention that this guide is best utilized by those who have VIP5 or above. (Though Parallel Pain does explain what to do if you don't have VIP 5).

This is also to make up for telling people to just PM Zein about Primus. DO NOT PM Zein about your primus formations! Do Not PM me about your primus formations. And if I hear of anyone PMing Parallel Pain about their Primus formation it will be deemed as harassment. Instead below you will find everything you need and the answer to your questions.

That said: Okay, this primus guide will be a bit more than barebones, but information on better formations will be intentionally omitted.

Why?

Because this is not a Complete Idiots guide to Primus: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complete_Idiot%27s_Guides. I will leave such guides to be written and read by others.

...And...

Because if you can understand the fundamentals presented here, then you can go out and put together one of the fabled 1Billion damage fleets. They do exist. Just intelligently following the directions below can get someone over 1B, 2B or more is attainable with paints.

And because the guys on android s161 while wanting to provide valuable information, do not want said information being used against us in events such as Pandora or Cosmos.

First of all, people need to understand how Primus works:
    So read this post by Galapagos http://www.tap4fun.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 160#p66463 and then return here.
    Yes I thought it was too rudimentary and insulting for readers of this guide to bother including when the guide was originally crafted
    So you got all that right? Let's continue to the stuff I think matters the most:

1) It instakills anyone IT fires at. Yes that includes Lance with his shield up after Pele-bot has its special. There is only one exception and the invisibility trick buys you only a single round. don't use Ahkenaton on Primus, all you need is Primus with a shield.
    2) If his accumulator reaches 100% IT WILL KILL YOUR ENTIRE FLEET ON ITS NEXT TURN if this status does not change.
    3) Its HP, DODGE and BLOCK are not stable, ie there are factors that can change them
    4) When Primus is in the 60s, Dodge is 20% and Block is 15%.
    5) Dodge and block rise rapidly in 70s. If you figure out how we gave the numbers for 4) before the mid-November 2014 primus update you can figure out what the 70s stats are. Or just wait til you hit the appropriate level and the game will give it away. for those of you too lazy to figure it out yourselves: add 5%
    6) Primus targets these cells in order: 6-5-4-3-2-1-(9)-8-7
    7) Primus accumulator is like Lance's in that is doesn't charge when being attacked.

For this thread standard notation is:
    1 2 3 |
    4 5 6 | Primus
    7 8 9 |

Notice how that matches up with your formation screen?

Please put accumulator levels as either total: Thaddeaus(100)
    or additive: Emma(+50)

IF you understand all that continue reading. If not... not sure what to say to help your comprehension.

To make a primus killing fleet we need to deal with all of the above mentioned factors.
    1) Do not let Primus attack. Lock him to buy an extra round. Use Thaddaeus and Emma or (Violette or Ar'turix) for their 100% lockrate. Richter is good due to his higher hitrate than any other locker (Besides Thad), but Elsa and regular Gonzalo are other possible lockers to use. In summary, Thad and Emma/Violette/Ar'turix 100% lock (if they hit), Richter/Elsa, and regular Gonz 50% lockrate (again if they hit). Make sure to LOCK EARLY AND OFTEN
    2) Lower his accumulator, there are four choices: St Nick (hitrate 110%), Claus (hitrate 105%), Flynn (100), and a probable worthless commander (see my next post on Zaffrey). Flynn may be the better choice as he lays down more damage than Claus and is more accessible than St. Nick (though for those who have him, St. Nick is the best anti-primus commander to date). when the game advertises a commander as anti-primus pay attention. Flynn tends to be sold as a prize in a number of competitions.
    3) I will not discuss the factors, just know that they exist.
    4) Primus commanders must be equipped with Deatheyes that equal or surpass Primus dodge rate, & Fissures that equal or surpass Primus blockrate
    5) Again, not going to discuss, just know that the situation does occur, Primus defensive measures rates are divulged on its leaderboard now. Or use your mouse to read between the lines up above.
    6) Place your most expendable ships in such an order that they die before a clutch hitter like Thad. Some commanders are more valuable than others Violette > Elite Sylver if a fleet contains 1 or more +50SO.
    7) If you understand the above then this is no longer a factor.

So now people may be wondering about Star Oceans.

Ideally you will want 3 +50 SOs and only 1 +25. 1 on Thad, 1 on Emma/Violette, and one on the commander that has the duty to reduce Primus accumulator. The idea being that Emma/Thad strikes first from cell 3 (assuming you followed my advice to get her hitrate high enough) and locks Primus, St. Nick/Flynn/Claus de-energize the accumulator from cell 6, Thad/Violette locks Primus again (but this lock carries through into second round) from cell 2/1/8/7, Your third locker (Emma/Violette/Richter/Gonzalo/Elsa/Flag) shoots and locks Primus in the second round and that carries into the third, Fourth locker (whoever remains from last parentheses) strikes and hopefully locks. This takes us into the 4th round. If ALL of the locks have hit and executed, then Primus has not fired AT ALL. Locks don't stack you want to remember to stagger your locking.

If you only have 2 +50s. Your priority is locking. Same as above. But you want a second +25 for Flynn/Claus to use so they can de-energize Primus in the second round. That is the ONLY change.

If you have 0 or 1 +50: really? you want to read the "ultimate" Primus guide and have no +50? Get some. One? Put it on Flynn. Until then remember the 7 Primus principles/factors as you assemble your fleet. Just remember to put your sacrificial ships in the most beneficial spots.

Primus defensive measures rates, by level: (Gathered and extrapolated from here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=32202)

by Martin

The original thread is here: http://www.tap4fun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23649

If you have questions, ask there.

There are also pages upon pages of discussion there which are not (yet) reproduced here. These pages discuss in more detail formations, battle calculators, and the like.
    Last edited by z3nithor; September 28th, 2015 at 21:35. Reason: info update
    time's up.

Sergeant
    Zein and I would have preferred it if we were asked to use our work, instead of it being stolen. Smh.

Hello Martin,

Please let me offer my apologies for having posted your threads without asking your permission. It was an oversight which will not happen again. Thank you for your understanding.

Sergeant
    I'll cut you some slack Dianna, my account on the other forum had personal messages disabled. It's not like you could have known to post a message in that thread to get permission. And I welcome your apology - it is a breath of fresh air!

Something like: "Hi Martin, like your work! We are opening a new forum and I'd like to copy your original post to it. You can see and join the new forum at http://galaxylegend.tap4fun.com/forum/. We look forward to seeing you there!" would also serve to advertise openly to those on that forum that there is a new forum. Probably would have the users of the forum feel like you have shown proper respect as that thread was one of the longest running, most active and probably had the largest number of actual posts made to it (I deleted or merged 100 posts at last count - and I wish I were joking).

And I doubt you'd know to talk to the GL Ops team for my email address.

I'm here now so if Admin wants to change the ownership of http://galaxylegend.tap4fun.com/foru...full=1#post581 to me, then I can keep that post current. (Yes folks I continually updated it in the original thread).

Also not sure that this thread should be here. Might be better served in either Battle Academy or Novice Guide.
    And unless this thread is stickied the title needs to change, otherwise it isn't really "STICKIED FOR THE BLIND"

Corporal
    I just hit lvl90, not a big spender but I got VIP 5 through the 3x events for the skip feature. My force is a mediocre 47m but I do hit top 5 in Primus in my server with this formation doing 400m+.

-----x----- -----x----- -Emma-
    -----x----- Flagship --Flynn-- <---------> Primus
    Violette ---Elsa--- -----x-----

Starocean wise:
    Emma +50SO
    Flynn +50SO
    Violette +50SO
    Elsa +25SO
    FS -
    Will buy Thad today too to replace Elsa in the formation for his 100% lock rate. All ships also have at least +15% Hit/Pen and I'm using the best dps galas on Violette that dies last. She can hit over 3mil with her S-ATK.
    Now for the question, I do have a 4th +50SO. Should I use it on 3rd locker or it will mess the lock rotation and I should stick with +25?

Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Malus View Post
    I just hit lvl90, not a big spender but I got VIP 5 through the 3x events for the skip feature. My force is a mediocre 47m but I do hit top 5 in Primus in my server with this formation doing 400m+.

-----x----- -----x----- -Emma-
    -----x----- Flagship --Flynn-- <---------> Primus
    Violette ---Elsa--- -----x-----

Starocean wise:
    Emma +50SO
    Flynn +50SO
    Violette +50SO
    Elsa +25SO
    FS -
    Will buy Thad today too to replace Elsa in the formation for his 100% lock rate. All ships also have at least +15% Hit/Pen and I'm using the best dps galas on Violette that dies last. She can hit over 3mil with her S-ATK.
    Now for the question, I do have a 4th +50SO. Should I use it on 3rd locker or it will mess the lock rotation and I should stick with +25?

Thanks in advance!
    Question to help you answer your question: Why do you have a +25 on Elsa currently? If you replace a 50% locker such as Elsa with a 100% locker, does this change the reason why you have a +25 on Elsa currently?
    time's up.

Corporal
    Got Thad and replaced Emma with him and kept SOs as before and managed to hit 880mil on lvl78 Primus!

Got Thad and replaced Emma with him and kept SOs as before and managed to hit 880mil on lvl78 Primus!
    Very nice!
    time's up.

I was rubbing me eyes and thought emma? I think u meant Elsa. Good job btw!
    Thatzme.s15 World 660 IOS
    Derrick GL on Facebook
    Proud member of Art of War

For information or to compare commanders' cost from past events, visit Nachteule's Event Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

http://cs628019.vk.me/v628019928/27ae4/OmgJlZesfC8.jpg Battle Academy Section Leader
    http://cs628019.vk.me/v628019928/27add/Ay7r37C_t-s.jpg Tactics Workshop Section Leader