Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Geoffrey - First Impressions

Geoffrey - First Impressions

What do you think about tap4fun's most recent commander release?

Here are some thoughts I want to share...

General things:
    1st: He was pretty cheap. 64 k worst case for 2 DNAs for the first appearance IS cheap. Additionally other than in the usual Treasure Hunt luck can save you a lot in a chest event.

2nd: Besides being a Protector he has now real drawbacks. Ok, his shields have static attributes. But unless tap4fun releases a new level cap with dramaticly increase offensive power for uplevelled commanders I think the shields will matter for some time. On the other hand many characteristics make him even stronger: high block, anti-crit, hitrate, penetration. AND accu increases on being hit!

3rd: He is the first commander that has an augmentation dependent skill (like several lieutenants). Expect more like him to come!!

4th: Not displayed augmentation gains: Other that displayed in augmentation UI hitrate, critical and penetration increase with each augmentation level by 1%. This makes higher augmentations really good!

Battle impressions:
    1st: To Geoffrey or not to Geoffrey that's the question... Really. All server mates that got Geoffrey (4 of us) made significant improvements in Pandora.

2nd: Krill as lieutenant worked better (for me) than Acc'tan. For two reasons. Krill overcomes Kit [+4] blocking effect. Acc'tan not needed.

3rd: To flash or not to flash? Undecided. I use a R-6 level 7 which gives some dodges but not too many. You want this guy to unleash shields each round if possible. A Flash too high may prevent that... No Flash after a Kit [+4] block on the other hand may get him killed too soon.

4th: Less supply losses in Pandora due to lucky Incendos strokes. Often you win against other fleets clearly but lose many supplies because of a strong multihit which costs a lot of HP. That's widely reduced with G.

So what are your experiences?? If you own him or battled him does not matter! Just share your impressions!
    Last edited by Nachteule; May 2nd, 2016 at 09:50.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

I have Geoffrey at +4 (just need 5 more protector chips to make it +5) and he has helped me be more competitive against those with higher hull reshape. What was once a straight forward loss now I am more competitive and down to crits / dodge / blocks chances.

What were close fights previouly am now more dominating because of the "extra HP".

He goes real well with Krill +7 especially in the first 3 rounds.
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

I met few oponents in Pantora with G.
    I have to addmit they were more difficult to beat and I mostly lost.
    But using Kit to block Defender special and going as 1st can easily change the whole situation.
    I dont think G is not worth of investment, because of fixed value stats, it is just a question of time, when he will be obsolete...
    if you are credit loaded and keen to spend them... it mught be nice addtion to your fleet and as N mentioned, not so expensive
    Frankie.s214 , World 1117\ Merged, Android
    PVP: Sniper Ursa [ +7], Dark Russian [+7], Crazy Frog [+7], Handsome Evil [ +7], FS [+7]

No longer playing GL ...

Colonel
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    I dont think G is not worth of investment, because of fixed value stats, it is just a question of time, when he will be obsolete...
    Are there commanders that don't get obsolete?
    just a brief list of a once must-have commanders more or less from oldest to newers:
    Khala, Dudoria, Vladimir, Annica, Lance, Aquos, DA, ops I almost forgot: Brom Bones!

I guess it depends on how long we can use the commanders. Annica Lance ... BROM bones <nostalgia>
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/

One-Star Admiral
    At the rate which T4F brings new commanders into play (2/month) this new protector will be obsolete in 3, 4 months maximum. Even Katia Storm has a tough time now...

At least these 'Nostalgia' commanders you can use in Worm Holes these days... there they are pretty usefull..

But I think once I got the advice on this forum .. 'Even good comanders with BAD gala are weak'
    so I think you must balance it .. and not chase just new cool comanders, there will be more ..
    So I try to save for some Gala and then waiting to replace DA, Kabal with something else ..
    Frankie.s214 , World 1117\ Merged, Android
    PVP: Sniper Ursa [ +7], Dark Russian [+7], Crazy Frog [+7], Handsome Evil [ +7], FS [+7]

No longer playing GL ...

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    At least these 'Nostalgia' commanders you can use in Worm Holes these days... there they are pretty usefull..

But I think once I got the advice on this forum .. 'Even good comanders with BAD gala are weak'
    so I think you must balance it .. and not chase just new cool comanders, there will be more ..
    So I try to save for some Gala and then waiting to replace DA, Kabal with something else ..
    Absolutely agree Frankie.

The battle loss report is a good indication of where to focus on.

Back to Geoffrey. I must say, I am impressed. He turned a few no hope battles in the "Full-Force Attack - Destroyer Space" into winners for me just by putting up a 1M HP shield multiple times, that helped my 3 destroyer fleet survive sufficiently to finish off the enemy. His current 60% block was instrumental in counter-attack and finishing of invisible Cabal and Alfred. Can't wait to get him to augmented to +5.

Section Leader
    Hi, at +5 is usefull too, at +7 not worth for me, my target is Krill +7, and on +10 common only 500k on shield more, not so good...
    Best Regards,

General Discussion Section Leader

Admin in the Foundation Group: The Asylum for Best Warriors Advice

Colonel
    Well take also in consideration the base stats increase (dodging, blocking, Atk, Def, Shield), Geoffrey at +7 is a tank.
    IMHO he is the only Protector worth upgrading to +7 at the moment.
    I just miss 8 chips to make him +7, maybe I'll get them these days at wormholes and probably will upgrade him