Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Dual R-5 Galactonites - Enrichment of the Game or Unnecessary Item?

New Dual R-5 Galactonites - Enrichment of the Game or Unnecessary Item?

Let's exchange opinions regarding the new Dual R-5 Galaconites!

What can they be used for? What levels, commanders, players can make use of them?

From tactical depth point of view I think an item that gives more flexibility like a Dual Gala should have a drawback compared to single characteristics items. This drawback could be weaker stats or higher costs (in this case Galactonite Energy) to evolve the item. This would players require to make serious considerations and not just open their wallets.

tap4fun was not very consistent regarding that. Especially the recently introduced Dual R-6 Galactonites (except the speed types) give flexibility AND superiour characteristics. For the new R-5 types they overdid the balancing in my opinion - the new types give so low attributes that they are worse than single R-5 types in most cases.

I took Deatheye (hitrate) as an example to illustrate that:

• Normal Deatheye R-4: 4.5 % initial value, 1.5 % increment
    • Dual R-5 new (Magic Ray): 6.5 % initial value, 1.5 % increment
    • Normal Deatheye R-5: 6.0 % initial value, 2.0 % increment
    • Dual R-6 old (Shred Light): 7.0 % initial value, 2.0 % increment
    • Dual R-5 old (Shred Light): 7.0 % initial value, 2.0 % increment
    • Normal Deatheye R-6: 7.5 % initial value, 2.5 % increment
    • Dual R-6 new (Magic Ray): 9.0 % initial value, 3.0 % increment

I sorted old Dual R-6 worse than old Dual R-5 because it’s much more expensive (in terms of Gala Energy) to level up.

I sorted new Dual R-5 worse than normal R-5 because of the smaller increment. Which will make them worse from level 3 onwards.

Check yourself! In my opinion the new Dual R-5 stones are not really helpful. In most cases you will opt for a single stone that improves one value significantly than a dual stone than improves two characteristics only a bit...

A safe improvement they are only for normal R-4 types.

What do you think? Do you find those stones useful? For what?
    Last edited by Nachteule; April 19th, 2016 at 12:21.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Yes I agree with you. I had R5 prisms from space war. Had not composed since the dual R5 are of no use anyway. With the new types I gave it a go and was very happy to receive dodge/anti crit. However like you say the percentage on upgrade is really bad. I upgraded to lv7 and it gives 15,5% of the attributes. A single R5 of the same types gives 18%. Now I'm just happy I didn't pay credits for it.

And it's close to fraud since Tap in event advertising only present the starting percentage which is higher than on the single R5 making you believe that of course it is a good item since the new dual R6 are good all way.
    Last edited by Traveler; April 19th, 2016 at 16:54.

Hi wonderful people!
    I agree with you both. This gems are not very helpful in my case.
    But,
    I think it is somehow a good improvement of the game:
    For low spender or non spender
    For adding a caracteristic you normaly can not ( hey, a dual can make a room for another good one!)

Thinking of it as a way to get more people participating in cosmos war, where you can get them for free...
    Zarod23.s886
    Alliance Fighters / World565 IOS
    Brian +10(Kit+4), Louise+10(Zaffrey+4), Rashka+10 (Andrew+4), Caroline +13 (Krill+7), Burglar Kate+10 (Milena+6)

I think this was another credit consumption/purchasing scheme.

The new Dual R5 Magic Ray etc. are half as effective as the Dual R6 version. Even the Shred light, had a 2% Crit increase per level. It was pretty useless when I composed to see the % increase. The single R5 are actually better, but if you want both stats you have to sacrifice I suppose.

This would be only good for low spender/free players from CtC items because the Dual R6 could cost quite a bit. But, I mean this dual R5 might be expensive too, I had 23 Chroma R5 on a low level account and went to purchase 2 more Chroma R5 and it costed 1800 credits to get 3 Chroma R5 (1 + 2). So it would be roughly half the cost of a Dual R6.

Tap is just running out of ideas to improve the game
    Last edited by anhtbxn; April 20th, 2016 at 02:02. Reason: typo: speeder = spender *

I will be quick here :

Now:
    R5 Duals are pretty useless as Nachteule and others concluded, save credits for R6 Duals ..

Future:
    If T4F want to make these useful. They must allow feature of fusing 2xR5 Duals (same type) into 1x R6 dual (same type). This would be a game changer!!! (btw. I don’t think they will listen to me .. )

Nice day to all …
    Last edited by Frankie; April 20th, 2016 at 10:31.
    Frankie.s214 , World 1117\ Merged, Android
    PVP: Sniper Ursa [ +7], Dark Russian [+7], Crazy Frog [+7], Handsome Evil [ +7], FS [+7]

No longer playing GL ...

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    I will be quick here :

Now:
    R5 Duals are pretty useless and Nachteule and others concluded, save credits for R6 Duals ..

Future:
    If T4F want to make these useful. They must allow feature fusing 2xR5 Duals (same type) into 1x R6 dual (same type). This would be a game changer!!! (btw. I don’t think they will listen to me .. )

Nice day to all …
    Well in won't say Tap doesn't listen. By the time they implement the suggestion the original suggesto is long forgotten. But we have recorded here Frankie made such a suggestion <thumbs up>
    Last edited by Nopo; April 20th, 2016 at 07:07. Reason: change Unicode emoji to ASCII text
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

@ Nopo

Yes, you said it well Sometimes they hear you but if they listen is questionable
    But I fully agree with you,.. it takes time to get it done from initial idea to a feature or a product.
    Frankie.s214 , World 1117\ Merged, Android
    PVP: Sniper Ursa [ +7], Dark Russian [+7], Crazy Frog [+7], Handsome Evil [ +7], FS [+7]

No longer playing GL ...

@Nopo I'd say t4f listens only to suggestions that are convertible in immediate cash. There are lots of good suggestions across both old and new forums that could improve gameplay but, helas, will not increase t4f revenue. As a result - we don't have those in the game

As with "new and improved" dual r5 - with "all new" 8 slot galactonite center i hardly can find a reason to use those r5 duals. Use pure r6 built from r6 nukes (invasion) and that's all - there is room for all but one now (crit, crit atc, anticrit, hit rate, dodge, block, penetration, accumulator and speed - 9 parameters in total to improve). in time, one good dual r6 per active commander will solve the issue (unless tap will not "listen to players suggestions" again and will make 10-12 gala slots per ship )
    Frankie is right - as long as we can't refine an r6 dual from 2 r5 of the same type, dual r5 are valuable only for new players who can get them for free one at a time in CtC.
    And since r5 duals does not follow the dual r6 increment & initial value pattern (better than corresponding single gala) my opinion is straightforward - in long term playing those r5 duals are unnecessary, and definitely not worth to spend credits on them
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

Not a lot of point saving for a Dual R5 and then levelling it. I started to change my Dual R5's with Single R6's as now with the extra slots i can have every galactonite i need.
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

And now they sell this junk in black market instead of regular R6.....