Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pandora Cluster MatchMaking

We can talk about numbers, but most of us are new and probably inactive as i reach the top 10 in ten days of gaming and the rest 400ppl are underleveled.

So enemies could be less, but they are surely more active(spenders too). As they keep sending ppl just out of our base, we litterally cannot move. Yeah someone can slip out sometimes, but it's not he's going anywhere and keep suiciding to get points it's not the way i usually have fun in a game, especially in a new one

Even though we managed to steal the king tribute once and i got 2M cuz i was the king (of suiciders)
    But after that they perma-sieged us and the ruling star.
    Last edited by BullyTime; April 11th, 2016 at 22:04.

The match-up is terrible. They used to have a "better" Pandora match-up before this recent "new matching system". You were matched with servers within +/- 10 servers/worlds (in my experience).

So it wasn't so bad for newer servers. Some players in older servers didn't like the old Pandora matching because of their relative stronger opponents for months.

When I started a few months ago, my first Pandora experience was very similar to yours. We were pinned in our base because we were lv40-45 first week of Pandora so you just have to crash into your opponent's fleets.

Just hope for a better match-up next week.

Also, I am not sure about everyone's experience since the new matching system but I think the system is slowly matching us up appropriately after a few matches? Not sure what matching formula they base their system on but our first match when the new came out was very difficult, then it was difficult, then it was OK and just this past Pandora, we were the strongest server this time. Forces and levels were a lot closer now too.

Hi BullyTime.

Unfortunately the new Pandora matching, matches server that is widely far apart. For example, i am on server 819 but met servers 306-310 (merged server) & 752.

Fortunately, the other 2 servers were kind enough to agree to sharing the ruling star. Even though our server didn't get any 20 hours full to get 4 chips. Still got some tech points.

It really depends on the opponents' & own server's culture, whether to share or not.

Also since Pandora no longer matches by server age, it may mean you get to be matched with a server much older and thus stronger OR server much younger and much weaker.

The previous Pandora matching was by server age, so would meet pretty much the same servers and get clobbered week after week, or if your server is the strong one, keep on winning. Unfortunately for our server it was like experience:
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Andrew Ong Manly
    Last year we got our butts kicked for almost 8 consecutive months matched between 3-5 opponent options. I've seen friends quit weekly. Thats just how the game goes... Good luck to you guys.
    Since your server is still new.

The most important thing now is to level up as fast as possible, as many as possible.
    Get as many of the active players into the biggest alliances and all together level up (hull reshape is important).

There will be a time when you will catch up with the older servers because with each level, the time taken to level up is longer and longer.

Meanwhile just keep on suiciding to get points. Absolutely boring and disheartening, though.

There won't be much you can do, if you meet a spender server (I have met 2 that spent 30K credits to rename their servers %-) and have the latest and greatest commanders and galactonites, TS-modules etc.

I do agree with anhtbxn. It is getting better slowly. It was terrible the first few matches and the cycle at least for my server has change. We were whacked. We were matched. We whacked. We now are matched (if we want to spend level 2 paint coats, or the other 2 servers don't use paint coats). I fully expect that next week will not be a good week but hopefully can get in negotiation in early enough to avoid a bloodbath.

Quote Originally Posted by anhtbxn
    Also, I am not sure about everyone's experience since the new matching system but I think the system is slowly matching us up appropriately after a few matches? Not sure what matching formula they base their system on but our first match when the new came out was very difficult, then it was difficult, then it was OK and just this past Pandora, we were the strongest server this time. Forces and levels were a lot closer now too.
    Just hang in there, the tide will turn.
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

This is the first Pandora our server has won! 7 players for our server in the top 10 Everyone also shared the star so all servers got the 20 hour reward. Shame it was protector chips as that would have been nice if it was any of the other 3....
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

Yes pandora is big dissapointment for a while or actually I should say since I started this game 14 months ago.
    Since then we had 3 diferent pandora match up algorithms
    - the one I started with was similar like we have now, we were constantly matched with much older servers for 3-4months, our asses beaten each weeekend, and same I heard.. keep level up and asap! grow in alliances, donate etc...
    - after these initial days (4 months) we get into state where we could actually have 1 or 2 players if they used lvl2 pains to match the force of oponents and it was getting more balanced, strategy was always get 80 to 100 points and forget the weekend, pandora speed events you can forget,..
    - with second pandora match up it was more equal, we were matched with server +/-15 and that was best experience, we could actually win, or dominate one or two pandoras when activity was low on other servers... during this period which was maybe 3 months?? (I dont remember) we were sharing the star each 20-24hrs, always agreed on saturday morning and split the chips..
    - with last (my 3rd) pandora match up, again we get to pair up with very old servers. Gorilaz with 2x the force I have (my poor 180m, top2 in arena) and get our asses beaten up. We always try to split the star even now with other servers... mostly possible but there are agressive servers. Imagine now what happens if gorilazz, use lvl2 pains, spend on speed and bypass the 15min recovery spending credits it is bloodbath .. and clear up whole map in 5mins max

thats just my Pandora experience, but reading other posts, very similar everywhere ..

If you plan to stick around, you need very good server and team!!! Without good server, dedicated players and cooperation during pandora you have no chance... unless you do diplomacy and split star. Still diplomacy you can use only if you are strong enough, can proove that you are capable to hold the star, made it painfull for other servers,.. then you have better cards to split the star profits/chips.

So good luck .. we ALL been there, done that ..
    Frankie.s214 , World 1117\ Merged, Android
    PVP: Sniper Ursa [ +7], Dark Russian [+7], Crazy Frog [+7], Handsome Evil [ +7], FS [+7]

No longer playing GL ...

Absolutely agree with Frankie and very similar experience

I found that this Pandora that old servers don't touch the ruling star even during the mini events. Got whacked and almost lost agreement due to not being clear about it when I took over the ruling star in the last 30 seconds on day 1.

All my previous agreements were ruling star during mini-event is free for all and once to is over. Clear the star. And the star goes back to the server of the day to hold again.

Note to self and others to agree on this first to avoid a surprise.

As for diplomacy. Yes it does help to be able to go toe to toe with the other servers

Still I know of some servers who are gracious even to weaker servers

Oh being going in the 3rd day isn't the best too.
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/

Thanks Nopo.
    How do servers agree to share the ruling star?

Except for diplomacy on average only every 3rd Pandora can be a successful Pandora. My server was matched against the same heavy spender servers (with CtC top 32 participants) for months with the old matching algorithm. Now matchups are far more balanced - we like new matchup. Only drawback: As we see always new servers it's harder to get new friends from other servers.

I do not like to make agreements with other servers regarding RS chips sharing. I like to battle and to fight during Pandora. Without a high price it's just like training compared to a competition. It's not as thrilling.

What we usually try to agree with the other servers is a no-paintcoats agreement. This helps no/low VIPs to be more competitive and gives more fun for many players. If we cannot get another chips payout from RS (less than 20 hours left) we leave RS to our competition so sometimes they can get chips they would not get otherwise.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Craven/Chris/Slade T-IV [+15], Sky Mightlis [+15], Penelope [+15], Galaxy Lord [+T3], Roland [+T3]

@ Nachteule, I agree with you making friends is more difficult, we do meet diferent servers, but some we met before as well in the old Pandora match up system.

Diplomacy or Sharing RC chips
    - well, There is still enough space to fly and fight outsite of the RS, so sharing does not limit you in the fighting, challenge can be met always outside RS we offten use docks to meet 1 on 1 as PvP and do it at full force, check formations. etc. per agreement with other servers via battle channel

@Nopo
    - hehe my fiend you just need to clarify it in advance if the events are included in these 24hrs,
    - we also have agreement on not taking the speed nodes/bonuses (at half dead servers you dont want to limit enemies, you want them to come faster :-D so you get your 200-300 points)
    - paintcoats, last 4-5 months I used paints (we call it Pampers) just once or not at all .. paintcoats and spending (credits for speed and resurection) very much disturb the balance of the whole Pandora .. we try to not use them at lvl100,... lvl 90+ they can if they want ..
    but very difficult to agree on it (always exceptions) and paradox is that really top1 players sometimes use them and go directly for lvl2 (big bal*s/big pampers) .. waw so try to avoid them watching thir movement on map is the best way...
    >> previous match up system, we met mostly same servers, so we agreed on paints/pampers easily

yes, some server are generous to other weaker or half dead servers and let them share..

down side of sharing is, less activity ... because players are not forced to fly so frequently, but honestly who would ike to spend too much on Pandora? no one ... sharing is best compromise, less costly, and promotes friendship ...and some profits are better than none, so smaller players get something as well, server lives longer ...
    Last edited by Frankie; April 13th, 2016 at 11:11.
    Frankie.s214 , World 1117\ Merged, Android
    PVP: Sniper Ursa [ +7], Dark Russian [+7], Crazy Frog [+7], Handsome Evil [ +7], FS [+7]

No longer playing GL ...

Quote Originally Posted by BullyTime View Post
    How do servers agree to share the ruling star?
    There is no one answer that fits all situations.

From my experience, a lot depends on not only the opponents' server's situation and culture, but also your own server's situation and culture.

If the server are already cooperating with each other, if they are willing to share the ruling star, they would. If they are not willing to share the ruling star, you will have to fight hard for it.

Of the agreements that have been successful, about 3 of them for my server, and all of them under the new system, i started out by greeting the other 2 servers and being friendly and asking if we can share the ruling star. All the successful ones were ones which there was agreement between the server members themselves to share the ruling star.

This can take some time, so just keep on going to the ruling star and hold it as much as possible.

I have also found that i get better response if speak in different languages too, other than English to help smooth the way. I have used Russian and French. I pretty much translate what i wish to say in simple English, get translated by Google and then back translate in back to English to see if makes sense. If the back translated to English is not easily understandable, i rephrase the sentence again. This hopefully helps to avoid mistranslated by the in-game translator.

It does help that I am currently the most powerful on my server and I am able to fight competitively with the different opponents' most of the time.

I also encourage as many of my server mates to head to the ruling star when Pandora starts. Give a show of strength so to speak.

The order in which you will share the ruling star, usually is the order of the strongest to the weakest.

If any one of the other server players does not wish to share, then you won't get sharing agreement.

This was what happened when the previous strongest of my server didn't want to negotiate. He feels it is a sell out and that since no other server shared before when we were weak, it is not necessary to share with the weaker ones. So even though i did manage to negotiate one agreement, he kept on attacking the ruling star and ... well we didn't any chips from hold the ruling star for 20 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    - hehe my fiend you just need to clarify it in advance if the events are included in these 24hrs,
    - we also have agreement on not taking the speed nodes/bonuses (at half dead servers you dont want to limit enemies, you want them to come faster :-D so you get your 200-300 points)
    - paintcoats, last 4-5 months I used paints (we call it Pampers) just once or not at all .. paintcoats and spending (credits for speed and resurection) very much disturb the balance of the whole Pandora .. we try to not use them at lvl100,... lvl 90+ they can if they want ..
    but very difficult to agree on it (always exceptions) and paradox is that really top1 players sometimes use them and go directly for lvl2 (big bal*s/big pampers) .. waw so try to avoid them watching thir movement on map is the best way...
    >> previous match up system, we met mostly same servers, so we agreed on paints/pampers easily

yes, some server are generous to other weaker or half dead servers and let them share..

down side of sharing is, less activity ... because players are not forced to fly so frequently, but honestly who would ike to spend too much on Pandora? no one ... sharing is best compromise, less costly, and promotes friendship ...and some profits are better than none, so smaller players get something as well, server lives longer ...
    Yes, Frankie, got to clarify on those items.

Good idea on asking about paint coats, too. Will try it next week.

I do miss meeting the usual servers as we have become frenemies. It is like meeting old friends online