Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Commander Focus #6: Cryptor

  1. #1
    Galactic Chairman
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    109

    Commander Focus #6: Cryptor

    cryptor.jpg

    Hello, Commanders.

    In this week post I'll talk a few about Cryptor. As he is a valuable commander in practically all aspects of the game I'll not be able to do a deep analyses in all the aspects, so I hope you guys can bring a lot of your great feedbacks.

    The post will be divided in: PvP, Primus, Primus Invasion and Infinity the Cosmos.

    1. PvP: Cryptor is great for PvP. His ability to deny a lethal attack is a pain for the enemies, specialty for defensive strategies. He can be put in any position, but he is really great when you make him fire earlier, as powerful specials that can oneshot your commanders can be denied by his shield. He can also be on of the lasts to fire and be placed behind another commander, as he has a base 0% anticritical.
    A very important part of his special that a lot of people doesn't understand is that if any of your commander receive damage Cryptor will give shield for the first of your commander in the fire order that is no himself.
    Cryptor lost a lot of his value after Tap fixed the bug with his satk, that used to make him to always block when he received a lethal normal attack. But them Tap released Krill and with this they created one of the most powerful combination in the game. As Cryptor shield lasts 5 rounds there is a high chance that when he activates krill he will still have his shield on.
    I'm not using Cryptor for PvP anymore, because I'm using Retrobot and I put my TS3 focusing dodge and my chips to make him +7. What I mean is that it's difficult to have both Retrobot and Cryptor in the same formation, as they fight for the same resources.

    2. Primus: Before Cryptor we were stacked with a formation formed from Emma, Thaddeus, Violete, St. Nick or Flynn and Flagship. Some players even used to try different strategies with other lockers like Frost, depleters like Queen Emma (before tap fixed her special) and even Akhnaton or Quasimodo.
    Now Cryptor is part of the most powerful and different setups for primus. I'm using at the moment

    Cryptor Cabal X
    St. Nick X X
    Flag X Thaddeus

    I've seen some variations with emma and flynn in the team with Elsa as lieutnant to make all the rangers invisible; Akh in the team to make everybody invisible, a team with 3 lockers and Cryptor...

    In this case his high block and the possibility to make him to release his shield multiple times during the battle is the key for the sucess.

    3. Primus Invasion: Cryptor here can be part of a very strong strategy. The key is to make him fire early to protect himself and another friend with his shield. A very important part of the strategy is that you need to finish the battle fast, so he doesn't die for multiples attacks.

    4. Infinity the Cosmos: Normally in this kind of event we face enemies that ignores our defense attribute and can kill any of our commanders, Even my lovely Dark Lazarus with his Def Buff . If you put Cryptor to fire early he will be able to save himself and a friend from this kind of super strong special.

    So, as I said in the beginning, this time I didn't do a deep analysis, as we have a lot of aspects to consider, then I count on you guys to help me to cover more aspects about this awesome Commander.

    See you in the Galaxy!
    Galactic Chairman

  2. #2
    Can u please explain primus formation more what about liutenets(elsa +4) or not...also u have no9 formation position...what to do without it...i have one chip and plan to get another next event i think he is worth it...thx a lot

  3. #3
    Super Moderator z3nithor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    w747 / w928 / w1086
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by Damir Haseljic View Post
    Can u please explain primus formation more what about liutenets(elsa +4) or not...also u have no9 formation position...what to do without it...i have one chip and plan to get another next event i think he is worth it...thx a lot
    Choice of lieutenants often depends on the other attributes of your fleet, making lieutenant optimization an exercise best left to the reader

    Luckily there are tools available which will do the most tedious part of the optimization - battle flow logic - meaning you only need to think of possibilities to try, and to interpret the output.
    time's up.

  4. #4
    Brigadier
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of Ice and Snow
    Posts
    152
    He has a nemesis named Aethos, with those 5 little attacks. One to take down his shield, another to kill, three attacks left for good luck. So if you can't afford a great commander like Cryptor you can have his nemesis option to deal with him at half the price.
    ben42.s814 world 772 (Android)

  5. #5
    Section Leader Nopo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Currently somewhere in South East Asia
    Posts
    2,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Damir Haseljic View Post
    Can u please explain primus formation more what about liutenets(elsa +4) or not...also u have no9 formation position...what to do without it...i have one chip and plan to get another next event i think he is worth it...thx a lot
    As z3nithor has mentioned there are tools to help optimise using your fleet commander selection and actual statistics. The best tool out there is .... z3nithor's Primus Simulator at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets..._Ydsoc/pubhtml It is really the best Primus simulator tool in existence!
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

  6. #6
    Hello:-)
    Cryptor is awesome commander with his skill we can use him almost in everything in the game as you said I really like him hope I could get him near future

  7. #7
    Достойный командир. Использую давно. Подходит для стратегического подхода к игре.
    cresset.S727 w685 android

  8. #8
    Section Leader Nopo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Currently somewhere in South East Asia
    Posts
    2,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakin View Post
    A very important part of his special that a lot of people doesn't understand is that if any of your commander receive damage Cryptor will give shield for the first of your commander in the fire order that is no himself.
    Can help clarify this Anakin?

    A) If I have a formation of

    Position 4 = Lance (HP = 611K)
    Position 2 = Cryptor
    Position 6 = Murphy (HP = 474K)

    And I shoot second.

    Enemy Aethos shoots at my Lance in position 4, gets damage, BUT Lance HP is (500K) still more than Murphy (474K) in absolute numbers.
    My Cryptor, in position 2 shoots who will the Stasis Shield goes to?

    Lance who is damage or Murphy who has full health but has lowest HP?

    B) What if I shoot first, and my formation is still

    Position 4 = Lance (HP = 611K)
    Position 2 = Cryptor
    Position 6 = Murphy (HP = 474K)

    will the shield go to Murphy in position 6 because even though both Lance & Murphy has 100% health, Murphy has the lowest HP in terms of actual numbers.

    C) Or what if I shoot first but my formation is

    Position 4 = Murphy (HP = 474K)
    Position 2 = Cryptor
    Position 6 = Lance (HP = 611K)

    will the shield go to Murphy in position 4 again because his HP is the lowest?

    Does this mean that
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakin
    Cryptor lost a lot of his value after Tap fixed the bug with his satk, that used to make him to always block when he received a lethal normal attack.
    For those who had to face Cryptor, this change, actually meant that they now have a better chance to kill Cryptor in the different battle rounds.

    Quote Originally Posted by Anakin
    But them Tap released Krill and with this they created one of the most powerful combination in the game. As Cryptor shield lasts 5 rounds there is a high chance that when he activates krill he will still have his shield on.
    True but if the battle is rather long, Krill can also remove the accumulator charge by going back to 3 rounds back accumulator. All if the battle is less than 3 rounds, Cryptor & Krill +7 is a killer combination.
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

  9. #9
    Super Moderator z3nithor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    w747 / w928 / w1086
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by Nopo View Post
    Can help clarify this Anakin?

    A) If I have a formation of

    Position 4 = Lance (HP = 611K)
    Position 2 = Cryptor
    Position 6 = Murphy (HP = 474K)

    And I shoot second.

    Enemy Aethos shoots at my Lance in position 4, gets damage, BUT Lance HP is (500K) still more than Murphy (474K) in absolute numbers.
    My Cryptor, in position 2 shoots who will the Stasis Shield goes to?

    Lance who is damage or Murphy who has full health but has lowest HP?

    B) What if I shoot first, and my formation is still

    Position 4 = Lance (HP = 611K)
    Position 2 = Cryptor
    Position 6 = Murphy (HP = 474K)

    will the shield go to Murphy in position 6 because even though both Lance & Murphy has 100% health, Murphy has the lowest HP in terms of actual numbers.

    C) Or what if I shoot first but my formation is

    Position 4 = Murphy (HP = 474K)
    Position 2 = Cryptor
    Position 6 = Lance (HP = 611K)

    will the shield go to Murphy in position 4 again because his HP is the lowest?

    Does this mean that

    For those who had to face Cryptor, this change, actually meant that they now have a better chance to kill Cryptor in the different battle rounds.

    True but if the battle is rather long, Krill can also remove the accumulator charge by going back to 3 rounds back accumulator. All if the battle is less than 3 rounds, Cryptor & Krill +7 is a killer combination.
    A) Lance gets it
    B) Lance gets it
    C) Murphy gets it

    I'm pretty sure I've had Cryptor give the stasis to a commander who fired first (relative to the other commander) after both had taken the same amount of damage (Akhe vs Annica, both hit by non-crit destroyer attack, Akhe has more base HP so %-wise, he had less damage, but both Akhe and Annica were tied w.r.t. total damage received). I don't have a video to support my memory, but if I run into one, I'll record and share for all of you.
    time's up.

  10. #10
    Hi guys, thank you for giving such detailed info about Crythor. In fact, would like to seek your advice on which commander to pick as my standard ranger. Is crythor a better option than Alfred? My current fleet is incendos, armoray, frost and quasimodo. I dont have krill yet and as ive read, krill meshes well with cryptor. Which would be a better choice?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •