Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Commander Focus #3: Alfred

Commander Focus #3: Alfred

Newest S class ranger released after Cryptor and Retrobot, players now have a lethal option to add to the list with an explosive sattack that seems very attractive theoretically - vertical 120% sattack, stays hidden, and inflicts a curse on the target with an explosion of 400% sattack after one round. His introduction to the game has set quite a buzz where players are attracted by the 400% curse.

As a new generation commander, his base stats are impressive - high critrate, anticrit, dodge and block and a very high hitrate at 130% to counter current meta of dodging ships like retrobot and sirenne etc. He also augments nicely with increase to critrate, crit damage, dodge, block, anticrit and hitrate hence at +7 he has beastly stats.

Similar to Lance, his accumulator does not increase when being hit; relies on a heavy block setup to increase chances of counter to charge his accumulator which a lot of us are familiar with when using Lance in the past. This is aided by his high block base stat so coupled with block duals like giant peak or arc and a ts ranger module with block added as secondary stats this is further enhanced. Therefore, in the survivability department, his invisibility and block rate should prolong his fights. Synergy with commanders like Warden which further adds 30% block with his sattack guarantees more counters and faster charging of his accumulator. Plausible Lts are of course Krill+4/+7 and Elsa+4.

That said, we would like to focus on his practical usage in battles - while on paper the 400% curse should be a guaranteed ohko for the cursed ships, some players have reported that the actual damage doesn't seem to measure to 400%, with some claiming Sirenne's death code does more at 150%. While I have not had the luxury of testing this out due to my opponents having lower equips and hp where the full measure of the explosion could not be tested. Do share you own experience if you own him so Tap could actually look into this to ensure that the 400% value reflected is correct or rectified.

Share your experience now that Alfred is still available to help others decide whether they should commit with a few days left in this treasure hunt. As mentioned, theoretical look at this commander seems quite OP but we have to look into the actual damage of the curse to really measure his true worth.
    Last edited by Thatzme; March 20th, 2016 at 08:12.
    Thatzme.s15 World 660 IOS
    Derrick GL on Facebook
    Proud member of Art of War

For information or to compare commanders' cost from past events, visit Nachteule's Event Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

http://cs628019.vk.me/v628019928/27ae4/OmgJlZesfC8.jpg Battle Academy Section Leader
    http://cs628019.vk.me/v628019928/27add/Ay7r37C_t-s.jpg Tactics Workshop Section Leader

Hi Alfred don't seem to be very popular? Why is that? No answers here and very low on "thumbs up" in the handbook.

I'm thinking of what commander to buy next and it's pretty much between Cryptor or Alfred. I run Incendos, Brom, Aquos and Warden. I would need to replace Brom with a commander with good base block to benefit from Wardens block buff.

Do the 400 % s-atk really work? Is it a good choice to have Elsa +4? I'm thinking since he would benefit from block and counter to charge accumulator then maybe extra invisibility is not the best option?

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Hi Alfred don't seem to be very popular? Why is that? No answers here and very low on "thumbs up" in the handbook.

I'm thinking of what commander to buy next and it's pretty much between Cryptor or Alfred. I run Incendos, Brom, Aquos and Warden. I would need to replace Brom with a commander with good base block to benefit from Wardens block buff.

Do the 400 % s-atk really work? Is it a good choice to have Elsa +4? I'm thinking since he would benefit from block and counter to charge accumulator then maybe extra invisibility is not the best option?
    Similar to my answer to Charles at the Commander Focus #6: Cryptor post #11

Whether to get Cryptor or Alfred depends on your style of play as well as your server rivals.

From what you have looks like a multi-hitter attack fleet with Warden in the fleet protector role.

Both Alfred (20%) & Cryptor (25%) have pretty good block rates since you want to replace Brom with a commander with good block rates.

In my opinion, Alfred role is more of a multi-hitter with good 2 good specials (400% S-ATK and invisibility for 1 round) vs Cryptor is a monomer, who tends to function as "protector" even though is a ranger.

Warden's special which is "Increases all friendly ships' Block by 30% for 1 round" may be wasted in the 1st 2 rounds on Alfred because of his invisibility special

Unless I am wrong, if
    1. Warden shoots first & then Alfred shoots, Alfred will be invisible and stays in visible in round 2. Round 3 Alfred comes out of invisibility with his native block rate again & accumulator charge of 25
    2. Alfred shoots first, goes invisible, Warden shoots second, but since Alfred is already invisible in round 2, the increase block is wasted", as round 3 Alfred comes out of invisibility with his native block rate again & accumulator charge of 25

May be wasted only because if Warden shoots first and Alfred blocks &/or counters before shooting, his accumulator will be overcharge more, making his special more damaging.

In contrast since Cryptor will be visible he should benefit more from the increased block rate from Warden after Warden shoots his special in round 1 & round2, in the best case scenario of 2 block & counters in round 1. Cryptor in round 2 will shoot his special again due to his 100 accumulator charge. The normal case would usually be Cryptor starts round 3 with an accumulator charge of 50 or 75.

With more rounds, Alfred would be able to benefit from Warden's increase block rate special as the timing of their special is out of sync.

So not only do you have think of who to get, who shoots first will also have to be thought through too. Presumably Incendos will shot first, then who shoots next? a) Warden or Aldred? b) Warden or Cryptor?
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

Quote Originally Posted by Nopo View Post
    Warden's special which is "Increases all friendly ships' Block by 30% for 1 round" may be wasted in the 1st 2 rounds on Alfred because of his invisibility special
    Thank you yes it's a valid point I didn't think of this. Like you say the block buff will most likely be wasted on Alfred. It's a bit similar to the issue with Cabals dodge buff that he gives to two random ships. If one of them is himself it will be wasted since he is cloaked that round anyway.

Btw I did see that drakoxa go with Warden and Alfred right after and that Alfred is cloaked during the buff period. I think I will go for Cryptor instead. Thank you!

One-Star Admiral
    Why do you guys go on the blocking approach for Alfred? As i see him, he is an overpowered version of Cabal, and i seen Cabal winning a lot of fights by himself, against 3 ships, with Elsa +4 as lieutenant.
    I would go with Alfred on the dodge way, consider: 35% base dodge + 36% from a Wind Trail + 7% (my current TS2 ranger setup) it's a whooping 78% dodge, without any augments. With augments he will get over 80% dodge. He becomes invisible after first round, with Elsa he gets additional 2, 3 rounds of invisibility. His huge dodge should protect him for the 1 or 2 rounds that he stays visible...in my opinion with his very high dodge and hit rate he can decimate a whole fleet by himself. Add a blocking Galactonite too, just to cover some of the cases when he is not dodgeing

What i would like to know is if you team him up with Sirenne, their curses will stack...if yes (and i don't see why not) it's a killer combination
    Last edited by bloody9; April 26th, 2016 at 09:23.

a good dude i want him
    =ERL=.s68 world 971 Android

My best commander that i have gotten in all time
    štriode.s412 world 212 IOS

Section Leader
    Hello, this commander is very good on Primus even if you deal 7-8 rounds there his 400% satk is like you have 3 ships to shot to Primus
    Best Regards,

General Discussion Section Leader

Admin in the Foundation Group: The Asylum for Best Warriors Advice

Lieutenant
    Alfred is my best fellow Sometimes he is able to survive and win alone against Geoffrey protected fleets

Lieutenant
    Quote Originally Posted by Myhay Nycu Maglasu View Post
    Hello, this commander is very good on Primus even if you deal 7-8 rounds there his 400% satk is like you have 3 ships to shot to Primus
    I'm still not sure about that. When being shielded by Cryptor, he is not charging his accu attacked by Primus. Also his 400% satk is not affected by his critical chance and critikal atk. Cabal in the same situation is able to make at least 2-3 satks during a Primus fight and his high critical chance and critical atk rate makes his 150% satk much higher than Alfred's 400% satk only.