Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Commander Focus #2: Quasimodo

Commander Focus #2: Quasimodo

Quasimodo

A reliable rover who is often overlooked, yet highly effective with DuomilIan as a summoned meatshield with up to 3mil HP at lvl100. He also possesses good all-round stats in the current game with high crit rate, dodge and anti-crit - at 120% sattack his horizontal beam does quite considerable damage too. Multi attacks are always welcome.

We have seen his effectiveness in CCC, with some players bringing out the best in Quasimodo with effective use of his summon to buy time for his fleet through directing their fire away from the main ships. At 3mil HP at lvl100, he can withstand good damage and in a well equipped fleet, if quasimodo can fire his 2nd attack,, allows the player to drag the battle and even help overcome higher force enemies.

Do you own a Quasimodo? Perhaps you would like to own one. Share with us your experience or insights on using Quasimodo and what sort of fleet he would work best in.
    Thatzme.s15 World 660 IOS
    Derrick GL on Facebook
    Proud member of Art of War

For information or to compare commanders' cost from past events, visit Nachteule's Event Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

http://cs628019.vk.me/v628019928/27ae4/OmgJlZesfC8.jpg Battle Academy Section Leader
    http://cs628019.vk.me/v628019928/27add/Ay7r37C_t-s.jpg Tactics Workshop Section Leader

He is a good commander that has given me plenty of trouble in the past. But he is starting to get old now and with the new commanders coming out all the time will be another forgotten commander. Which is a shame. Even Incendos is becoming common now and with the new event his DNA is now only worth 15 chips. Unfortunately thats the way of this game. Unless you are rich there is no point investing too heavily into a commander (augmentation +6 and above) as even with excellent augmentation there will be a newer better commander in a few months, especially with the expensive and hard to get destroyer chips.
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

Did your post get copy and pasted onto the Galaxy Legend Facebook page?! Or do you work for Tap???
    Kris.s3 World 906
    FS +7 (Mileena) Fitzgerald +7 (Paccar) Azrael +7 (Violette) Star Lord +7 (Elsa) Raksha +7 (Krill)

You can follow the crowd and be as miserable as the rest or you can be different and happy

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Did your post get copy and pasted onto the Galaxy Legend Facebook page?! Or do you work for Tap???
    The contributions of section leaders - and anything posted on this forum - is subject to use by Tap4Fun For the commander focus series (a rewards event), they choose to use the OP as-is in order to better drive participation in the rewards event.

On topic: I do not own Quasimodo, nor do I fear the Quasimodos in my server. There are a few nasty Quasimodo in Chaos Quasar, but overall my experience with him is limited. He does have an interesting application in Primus / Primus Invasion, as the summoned Duomilian can effectively serve as a free "lock", but if one was choosing between Cryptor or Quasimodo for an augmented Primus formation, Cryptor wins every time

For those with Quasimodo, dodge is the ultimate friend. He pairs well with Cabal, especially when Zaffrey+4 is used as a Lt for Quasimodo. Interestingly, the Elsa+4 effect on Cabal will extend itself to his summoned ship, so some care must be taken when planning a formation if not all ships will be invisible - what good is a meat shield that disappears before the enemy wastes attacks on it? The summoned ship always positions itself in the first available firing position, so for optimal protection of Quasimodo, he should be in the last firing position, as this will direct fire from the left and center columns onto Duomilian.

For those who fight Quasimodo, vertical or cross S-ATK patterns help prevent hitting only the summoned ship. Positioning your fleet such that you have a high-block vertical / cross commander in the rightmost column will also help to eliminate Quasimodo quickly (the usual position for high-block commanders being in the left or center column due to the firing path selection), as both blocks and regular attacks are ensured to only hit the summoned ship if Quasimodo is also in the leftmost column (or elsewhere but invisible )

Obviously, those positions are generalized and depend on your opponent's preferences (and skill). As a rover though, the general method of defeating it is to employ high block

tally any points to ap3x.s25 World 928 AN
    time's up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    Haha. I am just a player that contributes and Tap has the right to use what I have written to promote their own events.
    Thatzme.s15 World 660 IOS
    Derrick GL on Facebook
    Proud member of Art of War

For information or to compare commanders' cost from past events, visit Nachteule's Event Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

http://cs628019.vk.me/v628019928/27ae4/OmgJlZesfC8.jpg Battle Academy Section Leader
    http://cs628019.vk.me/v628019928/27add/Ay7r37C_t-s.jpg Tactics Workshop Section Leader

Я бы очень хотел получить Квазимодо. Мне он очень нравится как он в бою себя показываеи
    Xaus.s915 / world 848 / Android / уровень 100

Brigadier
    I like Quasimodo as a commander, would love to see a picture of him wearing a hat.

He has been to expensive to purchase for me so far. Hope tap4fun makes him cheaper in the future.

I was shocked watching the CTC, and Quasimodo was no where to be found. Because of that it makes me question the strengths of the commander.
    ben42.s814 world 772 (Android)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben42 View Post
    I like Quasimodo as a commander, would love to see a picture of him wearing a hat.

He has been to expensive to purchase for me so far. Hope tap4fun makes him cheaper in the future.

I was shocked watching the CTC, and Quasimodo was no where to be found. Because of that it makes me question the strengths of the commander.
    CCC is a little hard to judge the strength of a commander on, as the budget available to most in the (lv100) Top 32 is rather large. This means that if a commander is good, he won't be used if there is a commander that is "great" that performs similarly (or differently). Quasimodo is not going to displace Incendos, Retrobot, Sirenne, or Cryptor from those who have them. Many at that level also have a Dark commander available, whose skill offers a better complement to the strengths of Retrobot, Cryptor, or Incendos, so Quasimodo isn't going to displace that 4th commander either.

Quasimodo does not fit well with Cryptor, either, as the meat shield will draw the "free" stasis and then vanish with it.

So, I do not expect to see Quasimodo in the fleets of the ultra-elite in a battle for the top. However, he has a specialized role in some PvE events (Primus, Invasion), and also is very useful for commanders who can't afford a dream-team lineup, thanks to his good dodge and tanking ability.
    time's up.

Brigadier
    Since I don't have Cryptor I use him effectively for Primus.
    He is like a locker in the sense that he buys you an extra turn without killing a ship if he is positioned correctly.
    A locker prevents Primus from firing while Quasimodo allows Primus to fire, thus raising its accumulator. If you don't have an effective accumulator depleter in your fleet don't use him.
    I replaced Emma with Quasi. He hits much harder and crits almost every shot thus doing much more damage.

He is also very effective for Primus Invasion.
    ---------------~o~---------------
    Ofer.s724, World 682, Android

One-Star Admiral
    Quasimodo_1.jpgQuasimodo_2.jpgQuasimodo_3.jpg

As it can be noted, as Quasimodo grows in levels his critical chance and dodge increase at a constant rate each level.
    This makes him a good tank that can dish out quite a good amount of damage and be a powerful foe even against the new generation of commanders.
    The direct competition for Quasimodo is Sirenne. If we compare the stats of them both at +6 we will see the following differences: HP, ATK and DEF are about the same for both, S-ATK and S-DEF are where Sirenne is quite more powerful than Quasimodo. On the other hand Quasimodo has an extra 13% critical chance, but looses 2% dodge chance.
    So from this the conclusion is simple, even though Sirenne is the tougher horizontal rover, Quasimodo is quite a formidable replacement at half the price of Sirenne.

Battlefield Position: Since Quasimodo has a nice dodge and anti-crit he is quite tanky on his own, and his meat shield summoned ship is also another extra layer of protection. The best placement would be somewhere in the front rows, protecting the weaker ships in the back.

Lieutainents: Krill and Zaffrei, in that order. But depending on the formation, if Krill is better suited for a different commander (for example Thantos) then Zaffrei does quite a good job as well.

TS modules: the higher the better . As a secondary stat I would recommend increasing the already good attributes of the commander, so dodge and crit.

Galactonites: Wind trail (dodge/anti-crit) and War Shadow (crit/pen) should be first on the list. The major weakness for most rovers is penetration, so that is why a good dual penetration is a must. Also since Quasimodo plays the role of a killer tank he needs good resistence, so dodge and anti-crit is something that comes natural enhancing his already formidable attributes in this domain.
    Secondary focus: because of his high crit chance, a high value Tekken is also a very good galactonite. As for Accumulator the best would be Storm (acc/sdef) to build upon the primary TS modules value for rovers.

Best setups
    chasing maximum speed: Wind Trail(dodge/anti-crit), War Shadow (crit/pen), Arc (crit atk/block), Meteor, Storm (acc/s-def) and Shred Light (hit/atk)

not chasing speed: Wind Trail (dodge/anti-crit), War Shadow (crit/pen), Fracture (crit atk/hit), Storm (acc/s-def), Niobium(ATK/Def) and Pri-Energy .
    Yes, Pri-Energy as last unless you are running Warden, in that case Phantom would be better. Let me explain why. If one has such a good galactointe setup obviously the problematic enemies are the ones that also have a similary capable fleet. So if the enemies run a high dual penetration, then even with Phantom, Quasimodo will hardly ever block, if ever so basically running a Phantom under such conditions would in fact be a wasted spot. On the other hand if Warden is present on your fleet then it makes sense so enhance the bonus block give by a Phantom.

Best use for Quasimodo: The enemy uses many monomer commanders.
    Best friend(s): Warden and Roxy
    Terrific foes: Warden and Thantos (Q lacks natural penetration), Roxy (hit rating negates the dodge), Retrobot (Q lacks natural hit rating).

One final note, if you run Quasimodo, pay attention to enemy's Armoray, sometimes the summoned fleet will be in a position to actually "connect" your commanders thus allowing for the chain lightning to jump.
    богдан.s387/World 187/iOS