Thread: AoW faction check in problems

AoW faction check in problems

Guys, this isn't first week when i see the same thing happening. The weekly check in thread is closed 2 days after it was started. I can't understand why forum admins are closing the thread for current week checking in. Today is Wednesday afternoon for me. Current check in thread was started on monday evening my time and it is already closed. Please pay more attention when closing threads.
    Thank you
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

I dont know who has closed and why BUT check in has to be active 48 hrs since it was started and those who didnt check-in during 48 hrs shouldnt be counted ...
    But i think this at the moment nobody cares about.
    I also think that if group missed few players until 60% or few players checked in a bit later it shouldnt be punished ...

but this is just my imho
    Last edited by Zeus; January 27th, 2016 at 20:48. Reason: 24 hrs to 48 hrs for check-in
    Zeus.s548 / World 1451 / Android

Section Leader on this forum
    The Legion foundation group Admin

Zeus, thank you for explaining the 24 h time frame rule. I wasn't aware about it.
    Then i have a different objection - if one can check in only during a 24 hour window, then let's make the check-in on weekends - some faction members are working during weekdays (at least i am )
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I dont know who has closed and why BUT check in has to be active 24 hrs since it was started and those who didnt check-in during 24 hrs shouldnt be counted ...
    But i think this at the moment nobody cares about.
    I also think that if group missed few players until 60% or few players checked in a bit later it shouldnt be punished ...

but this is just my imho
    T4F-admin locks all check-in threads at the start of UTC Wednesday when he or she arrives to work. He or she then tallies all participants and compares with the registered rosters to verify if 60% reply rate was achieved. One week, or two weeks of missing the 60% is not harmful, I think, but continued failure to reach 60% likely is.

The answer is, naturally, to create one's check-in thread well before UTC Wednesday. This allows your group members to find the time within their personal lives to play the game and catch up on any game-related social activities they might have missed.
    time's up.

Quote Originally Posted by z3nithor View Post
    T4F-admin locks all check-in threads at the start of UTC Wednesday when he or she arrives to work. He or she then tallies all participants and compares with the registered rosters to verify if 60% reply rate was achieved. One week, or two weeks of missing the 60% is not harmful, I think, but continued failure to reach 60% likely is.

The answer is, naturally, to create one's check-in thread well before UTC Wednesday. This allows your group members to find the time within their personal lives to play the game and catch up on any game-related social activities they might have missed.
    ok thanks, didnt know check-ins closed by Taps

Quote Originally Posted by Pliusomiot View Post
    Zeus, thank you for explaining the 24 h time frame rule. I wasn't aware about it.
    Then i have a different objection - if one can check in only during a 24 hour window, then let's make the check-in on weekends - some faction members are working during weekdays (at least i am )
    sry my bad 48 hrs for check-in , too tired at the end of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    sry my bad 48 hrs for check-in , too tired at the end of the day
    I think you have been running a 48 hour day what with gaming and moderating and IRL needs.

Take care
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri