Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guide from Galactic Chairmen II (D)-Nachteule Galaxylegend

Guide from Galactic Chairmen II (D)-Nachteule Galaxylegend

Nachteule’s guide-Basic Primus Fleet

Hi passionate players,

last Tactics Workshop on Facebook I answered a Primus question about how to improve with critical hits and kill shot.

This time I want to focus on a more basic issue - the Primus fleet (basics).

Why is Primus important? - It is the best way to get many Cubits and Prestige points. The better your Primus fleet the more likely you will have Primus bonus like kill shot or 25, 50 or 75 % damage mark. Better means more damage.

In most cases every time Primus fires at your fleet you will lose a ship. (You might ask: "In most cases...?" - Yes, it is possible to dogde Primus with very dodgy commanders and Flash Galactonites that support extremely high dodge rates.)

Luckily Primus' accumulator does not increase from being hit like Lance's but after two normal attacks Primus fires his Indra Vahl special that kills the entire remaining (visible) fleet.

So the main goals for building up a Primus Fleet are prevent Primus from firing at you and handle Primus' accu to avoid the special attack.

The primary options for lockers are: Emma (900 Quarks = 4,5 M Cubits) and Thaddaeus (3600 Quarks = 18 M Cubits) from the Celestial Portal and Violette from Empire's Treasure (only obtainable for Credits so far).

For Primus' accumulator handling the best option in my opinion is Flynn (St. Nick). Other commanders are Zaffrey, Queen Emma (S class), Brom Bones. I will focus on Flynn in the following paragraphs (as he is also available Credit-free in the Celestial Portal every some weeks).

You may ask why a dedicated Primus fleet is necessary as you have a very decent fleet for Arena (PVP). If you rule your Primus battle with your Arena fleet you may read this later (when the specialized Primus fleets outdistanced you ;-) ).

A non-Primus fleet (no lock ships, no accu drainers) will fight three rounds against primus and then it will get killed.

But what about the dedicated Primus fleets? Just have a look at the following overview (all samples without Flagship locks)!

Non-Primus (no lock ships) fleet: 3 rounds, 10 hits (max.) on Primus
    0 lock ships + Flynn fleet: 5 rounds; 14 hits
    1 lock ships no Flynn fleet: 4 rounds; 15 hits
    1 lock ships + Flynn fleet: 7 rounds; 19 hits
    2 lock ships no Flynn fleet: 5 rounds; 20 hits
    2 lock ships + Flynn fleet: 9 rounds; 26 hits
    3 lock ships no Flynn fleet: 9 rounds; 32 hits
    3 lock ships + Flynn fleet: 12 rounds; 37 hits

(A prerequisite is to have all necessary Galactonites in your inventory! More on this topic maybe next time!)

You see: The more lock ships the better your result! There are other lock ships: Richter (2500 Quarks = 12,5 M Cubits), normal Gonzalo, Flagship (with 100 % monomer), Frost Jr., Elsa. These are suboptimal choices because their lock rate is not 100 %. But they can be useful, too.

As locks ensure most damage always set your Flagship S-ATK to 100 % Monomer "Gravity Trap"! In 50 % of the cases the launched Gravity Trap special attack will cause a lock on Primus. In a fleet with three regular lock ships (Emma, Thaddaeus, Violette) and Flynn the Flagship lock can help to extend the battle to 14 rounds (48 hits) or even 17 rounds (58 hits) when it locks twice.

So my recommendation is: For decent Primus results focus on a dedicated Primus fleet with main emphasis on locking and accu draining/depletion.

Emma and Thaddaeus are freely available and Flynn every now and then. It's up to you if you invest into Violette. But she can be a very useful commander in Arena and is definitely a really good lieutennant.

If you have to substitute any of those aformentioned commanders you can experiment each day anew with other commanders. As the overall goal is damage maximization you may also try out to substitute suboptimal lockers like Richter with hard hitters like Vladimir or Hunter. Just count your battles done and divide the total damage outcome in the Primus mailing by that count in order to get a valid estimate for the damage you do in one battle (don't forget to consider side effect like Paint Coats, Primus level...).

There are more ideas how to deal with Primus (hide strategies based on Elsa as lietennant, drain strategies based on Queen Emma, ...) but that would extend this BASIC Primus fleet guide way too much.

Corporal
    One simple question though, been using Emma, Violette, Flynn, Elsa and FS with +50SO on the first 3 and +25SO on Elsa. I have a 4th SO, should I use it or it will mess the rotation? Was thinking of getting Thad too to replace Elsa to go with 3 lockers, what would be the optimal SO setup?

Thanks

One simple answer: there no universal setup
    Every opponent has it own setup, its own ships preference, some ships are hardly powered up others are weak and just one ship position change could turn the battle result into the ones or another victory.
    Zeus.s548 / World 1451 / Android

Section Leader on this forum
    The Legion foundation group Admin

Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    One simple answer: there no universal setup
    Every opponent has it own setup, its own ships preference, some ships are hardly powered up others are weak and just one ship position change could turn the battle result into the ones or another victory.
    Sorry mate but I thought this was a Primus guide, not asking for a universal PvP setup. Cause you mentioned opponents there and victory...

Quote Originally Posted by Malus View Post
    One simple question though, been using Emma, Violette, Flynn, Elsa and FS with +50SO on the first 3 and +25SO on Elsa. I have a 4th SO, should I use it or it will mess the rotation? Was thinking of getting Thad too to replace Elsa to go with 3 lockers, what would be the optimal SO setup?

Thanks
    Can I propose that you replace Elsa with Thaddeus - he is a 100% locker and gives you 3 guaranteed lockers in your fleet. You have all the necessary stones to chain-lock Primus once you add Thaddeus to the fray with this formation:

X X Thaddeus
    Emma FS Flynn Primus
    Vio X X

Put SO+50 on Thaddeus, Flynn and Violette. SO+25 goes on Emma and make sure FS has NO Starocean so he will fire his Gravity Trap after Emma for a chance to chain-lock Primus for 4 rounds.
    Thatzme.s15 World 660 IOS
    Derrick GL on Facebook
    Proud member of Art of War

For information or to compare commanders' cost from past events, visit Nachteule's Event Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

http://cs628019.vk.me/v628019928/27ae4/OmgJlZesfC8.jpg Battle Academy Section Leader
    http://cs628019.vk.me/v628019928/27add/Ay7r37C_t-s.jpg Tactics Workshop Section Leader

anyone used lily in their prim fleet?

how would your setup be with her!?

Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatzme View Post
    Can I propose that you replace Elsa with Thaddeus - he is a 100% locker and gives you 3 guaranteed lockers in your fleet. You have all the necessary stones to chain-lock Primus once you add Thaddeus to the fray with this formation:

X X Thaddeus
    Emma FS Flynn Primus
    Vio X X

Put SO+50 on Thaddeus, Flynn and Violette. SO+25 goes on Emma and make sure FS has NO Starocean so he will fire his Gravity Trap after Emma for a chance to chain-lock Primus for 4 rounds.
    Thanks for the reply mate, tried something similar yday with just a difference in formation

X X Emma
    X FS Flynn
    Vio Thad x

SOs 50 on Emma Flynn and Vio, 25 on Thad and 0 on FS. Managed to get 880mil and 3rd place on a lvl78 Primus. Will try yours too and compare.

Corporal
    Depends on your other commanders and star oceans mate, if you have 2 100% lockers and Flynn and 3x+50SO, 1x+25SO try:

X X Lock1
    X FS Flynn Primus
    Lock2 Lily X

With +50SOs on Lockers and Flynn, +25SO on Lily and no SO on FS.

but isnt it better to have +25 on FS and non on lily, since she have 60% lock, which is hopefully better ratio then FS "may lock" attribute,

the downside doe is that she is a destroyer and doesnt do as much damage,

but i was thinking, lily, thadd, emma and vio

maybe have 2 cmdrs with +50 and 2 with +25 and one with non

Quote Originally Posted by Malus View Post
    Thanks for the reply mate, tried something similar yday with just a difference in formation

X X Emma
    X FS Flynn
    Vio Thad x

SOs 50 on Emma Flynn and Vio, 25 on Thad and 0 on FS. Managed to get 880mil and 3rd place on a lvl78 Primus. Will try yours too and compare.
    How did it compare Malus?

I am currently using

Vio-100 X Thad-100
    Emma-75 FS-50 Flynn-75
    x x x

with -??? as the starting accumulator