Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quasimodo event 7/1/2016

Quasimodo event 7/1/2016

Hi,
    Do anyone have cost calculation for Quasimodo?

I want to buy a second Rover (I have Aquos) to benefit more from that Violette lt speed boost. I don't know if Quasi is an option? I see many more Sirenne in CCC than Quasimodo so maybe he is much better? I guess that Sirenne will be much more expensive than Quasimodo but is he that much better? If yes I could wait for him and pay more but if not then maybe Quasimodo is a good option?

Lieutenant
    dont know aboout DNA cost bro sorry but i can tell Quasimodo is great commander with great stat . Sirenne is slightly better but expensive at the moment. Guys on my server got Quasimodo very cheap..lowest being both DNA @ 7k credits..Dont understand why they releasing him so cheap...i guess tap being tap

Brigadier
    Each click is 0.53% so you need 187.

If you don't buy any credits:
    187 * 100 = 18700 credits for 1 DNA

If you buy 1250 credits or more:
    60 draws at 80% --> 40*60 = 2400
    127 draws at 50% --> 100*127 = 12700
    Total=15100 for 1 DNA chip

I got lucky and got both for ~14K credits.
    ---------------~o~---------------
    Ofer.s724, World 682, Android

Thanks for info. According to N:s log last time worst case cost was 46,5k so much cheaper this time. My last five commanders has went to minimum 90% and most often to 100% so I expect 30k then if I start tapping. The kind of luck you guys describe is pure science fiction for me. But it could be worth 30k then?

How do Duomilian work? Do he get upgraded in strength according to main commander?

Brigadier
    I am not sure it is Duomilian actually or just his graphics.
    I "feel" that this time you will get lucky and get him cheap.
    I also usually have very bad luck with commanders and at least one chip is always 100%. This time I expected this but it was half and BigEvil reports that someone got both chips for 7K which is even better.
    I won't pretend to tell you that because I got lucky and some other guy got lucky you will too, but based on my poor experience in the past and the good experience I had here maybe t4f wants to give us Quasimodo for low price.

He is also good for Primus but I will report on that later because I have to try first and make sure I understand his ability correctly. Basically he can replace a locker and hits harder than Emma for example so more damage is expected.
    Last edited by sofer; January 7th, 2016 at 11:36.

Ok i did watch the Quasimodo demo video and I know the demos suck but that extra "Duomilian" was just crap and was only a meat shield. Do he fight back? Maybe even fire s-atk on occasion?

Brigadier
    He lasts for one turn only. In that time, if he gets the chance, he shoots back. He has no time to charge accumulator and fire S-ATK. He is a nice tank and does shoot back and essentially, as you said it, he is a meat shield.

This how he is supposed to work for Primus as well. If you place Quasimodo in the right location to manifest the extra ship in front of Primus then Primus will kill the meat shield and it has same the same effect as if you locked Primus because you didn't loose a ship. It is different from locking Primus in the sense that when it is locked its accumulator does not increase whereas if it shoots it does increase. This is only a problem if you do not have someone to deplete that accumulator.

I strongly recommend not to rely on luck. If you go-all in without sufficient Credits you may waste all savings.

At least one DNA should be safe. Then you can decide: If you get the first DNA cheap and the budget is still enough to go the full distance if necessary then your are on the safe side - go for second DNA. Otherwise it's better to wait. That means with let's say 75% of worst case budget for 2 DNAs you can start. Only risk is that you have to wait until next appearance to complete the commander.

But whenever I tried this I had to wait and save again. So as commanders get cheaper over time it would have saved some Credits to get both DNAs the next time. And that's the way I do it now: I wait until I can afford the complete commander. Then I go all-in and if I get one or both DNA with less then 100% bar this adds even more to my happiness.

Comparing both commanders I think Quasimodo is strong but became somewhat outdated recently. But it strongly depends if you discuss top level fleets or normal but strong fleets. His critical attack chance of 30% is a bit mitigated by all those high anti-crit commanders top commanders like Retrobot, Thantos, Sirenne, Incendos. And with all those dodgy commanders 110% basic hitrate of Sirenne is great. Additionally Sirenne can turn a desperate battle into a win with his special.

But I think similar to other posters next Sirenne appearance will be much more expensive - maybe 70k worst case for two DNAs.

For this price you get Annica + 2 Dual R-6 from next 3 Mining events (plus up to 3 normal R-6 if you win Mining event ranking).

This might make your fleet much stronger than Sirenne with mediocre Galas and you may still replace her when Sirenne becomes cheap finally.
    Last edited by Nachteule; January 7th, 2016 at 12:57.
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

I have the credits to go all way. With my lack of luck I would not even consider buying with not enough credits.

I'm lv100 and I have DA, Aquos, Brom and Cabal and I was thinking of replacing DA. I also have Annica on the bench but have her only for CQ.

Brigadier
    Even if you don't go for Quasi, Annica would serve you better than DA in my opinion.

Good luck with Quasi and tell us how it went if you decide to go for him