Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unable to gain Influence in Pandora

Corporal

Unable to gain Influence in Pandora

This isn't technically a bug, but what I hope is an unintended side effect of the new rule of no Influence for wins where the opponent is more than 20 levels below. In this past Pandora, I've been completely unable to gain Influence, and I'm fairly sure it isn't possible because neither opponent team even has someone that is within 20 levels of me...

While I understand why the rule makes sense, it seems like a fair amount of tweaking is in order. Either the matchups need to be better tuned so that everyone at least has a chance to participate (which I think is a work in progress for them anyway, and probably part of why this rule was instated in the first place...) or the rule needs to be adjusted to allow for overpowered opponents to still at least get some points.

My first thought would be that instead of just a hard line of 20 levels is no influence and damage, is have a sliding scale where damage/influence is given as a percentage of the level difference. Maybe 5 level increments of 10%/25%/50%/75% (5/10/15/20) to decrease both damage taken and influence gained with a minimum of 1 point given (and maybe just always round up...)

Possibly a little complicated for everyone to understand as they're getting their points, but the current system is a little rough (and the matchup overall would be better to be fixed, as our opponents can't leave their bases anyway...)
    Zyrex.s506 / World1409 / Android

I fully agree with you.

The good thing - Pandora kills startec to make sense. Personally, i feel it unfair to get merit from a foe who is even 11 levels below me. A merit points system copied from CtC could be much more logical

Also, for opponents having a level -10 or more I'd apply instant free resurect. Maybe at nearest node owned by his faction and not at the base.

The biggest disappointment in this Pandora is, however, the outcome.. only 18 chips, with a killboard at 1008 ; (
    I'm really concerned about our opponents willing to fight further in upcoming Pandora's. Not to mention my own desire..
    Why to bother to move from base if the killboard will net you some gala energy that i can easily get just by fighting Primus daily and spending the money during charged galactonite event.
    Also the new ladder is unappealing for me. Weak players have no chances to hit even 1st tier, what to say about next ones.
    That will turn them back from participation in Pandoa.

I have just to remember my first Pandora.. after whole 3 days of moving around and being killed on sight, i managed to hit the 60 points mark. Brrr... still, that effort (time spent) did net me few chips.

Now, with those new rules, I'd probably forget about Pandora for good (and perhaps about GL also)

Indeed, Pandora rules need adjustments. I really hope that tap4fun representatives who are in charge with this forum and who could influence the future of this game are interested to have a dialogue with players and will join us in those discussions. Otherwise it is all pointless....

Pandora space for now is most important event in this game. It allows players to interact, to play strategies, to have fun (there is litle fun in running through daily tasks and arena fights on daily basis)

Conquer the Cosmos is pretty much a static event. Interesting and lucrative for new players, but it could turn out to be boring once one has all galas and commanders he need or is willing to buy.

CCC is also static and is, more or less, a way for players to use the measurement tape.

Primus Invasion is set during a workday, and less players have the possibility to join (not to mention that the first invasion is set in middle of the night for european players and the second one is in the middle of the night for americans)

Out of all, Pandora alone is the event we are playing the game for (and cashing in). Therefore the applicable rules and earned benefits need to be really well thinked in advance.
    Last edited by Pliusomiot; December 29th, 2015 at 00:32.
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

I don't think level req even make sense when everyone is at level 100. A level 100 with 100M force versus a level 100 with 400M force.

Brigadier
    This Pandora I didn't see any problem getting influence from weaker opponents. That limitation was a one-time thing for the event last week.
    It does make sense to implement this limitation indefinitely because it invalidates the use of lvl28 clones on opposing servers.
    If this limitation is not in place, you can make however many clones of lvl28 on opposing servers and just use them to feed you points.
    ---------------~o~---------------
    Ofer.s724, World 682, Android

how we can report this? form the report in game no?

Quote Originally Posted by sofer View Post
    This Pandora I didn't see any problem getting influence from weaker opponents. That limitation was a one-time thing for the event last week.
    It does make sense to implement this limitation indefinitely because it invalidates the use of lvl28 clones on opposing servers.
    If this limitation is not in place, you can make however many clones of lvl28 on opposing servers and just use them to feed you points.
    Can't say it better
    The whole Pandora has to be tweaked, but I'm fine with it. In worst case, you get 18 chips. In best case, 29. Enough for at least one augmentation in most cases. But there should be a reason and a mean to gain points for low forced foes, or they will not play pandora at all
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

Brigadier
    Pliusomiot you are very optimistic. I say that at worst you can get 0-11 chips if your server does not control the star, from influence points only.
    ---------------~o~---------------
    Ofer.s724, World 682, Android

Pliusomiot has a great guide for Pandora. Bet he shares it with his alliance and server mates to win big
    Nopo.s819 World 498 (iOS) aka StaleBread
    In existence since 2015 January
    Sertai ASEAN Force jika faham ayat ini. https://www.facebook.com/groups/495394470641302/
    Jangan lupa memperkenalkan diri

did you report that bug?

If I observed correctly in the current Pandora it is again possible to gain Influence Points from all opponents. Can someone else confirm this, please?
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]