Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Conquer the Cosmos - how to play it right ?

Nachteule, thank you really valuable comments.

you're absolutely right, the whole thing is purely mathematical.

As for enemy matching algorithm - the post was written almost 2 months ago, just after my first Cosmos experience. I said at that time that it is "my guess". In the meantime, i tested it during Cocoon session. It does work as described. I lowered, for instance, the opponent overall force with 25-30 mil only by asking a few teammates to leave only flagman in active battle team. Our overall force downgrade was pretty much in the same 25-30 mil range. At that moment top players in our alliance had 14-17 mil force in their best PvP setup. The hint for me at the time was the 2 opponents alliances we stumbled uppon during my first war, as well as chaos enemy selection by game mechanics. I just assumed that the development team used the same approach - force based matching. Of course, enemies are selected in a +/- range, they don't display exactly the same amount of force as your alliance has, but it is pretty much close.

Another issue you've mentioned - i admit that the winning stteaks prizes and other stuff are less valuable for a lvl 90+ player, but for a lvl 50+ cashless one they are much more tempting. I'm right now at lvl 83, and i still have only one dual trait r5 (that happen to be a useless nefario), an r5 dual trait with acc effect and also only one r6 - phantom.

In overall gaming experience, we are still at a stage when Pandora is the most important PvP event for us, and every single extra chip helps, so we just try to max out the bounties from CtC. Needless to say, only last Pandora (after almost 3 months since we have started to play ) we were able to outforce our opponents and to score decently without having to spend relevant amounts of cash.

This guide was written for an alliance consisting of players without any game experience, just as i am (well, i still consider myself a newbie), and who have been frustrated since they didn't know (or understand) what to do in the CtC.

The suggested aporoach had only one really weak spot that I've found so far - it does not take into consideration players real life schedule ))))))

The 3+1 hours fighting schedule is maxing, indeed, overall merit but it requires more presence from the players during 72 hours period of CtC. After having evaluate the pros and cons and the playing patterns of my teammates, i opted for the 4+1hours schedule. thus, the players have 4 full hours for non game activities
    Most our players are from Europe, that mean gmt +0...+3 time range. Most of them can be present at event start time. About 1/5 of our wars we faced 2-members alliances, therefore our fight schedule was adjusted accordingly and in first day our last war started at 23:00 server time (again, a very affordable time for most our players). Overnight, there is only one war. (In 3+1 variant there could be 2 wars during sleep time)
    of course, players are free to play in accordance with their personal schedule. To accomodate them, for the next war we have 2 spy accounts. One for regular scheduled wars and one more just for those wars that are out of normal schedule.

Also, please keep in mind the intended audience for this post : alliances consisting of members with little or none game experience. It gives them an algorithm that really works and makes the things easier for them.

I'm sure that once they will go trough 1-2 CtC they will develop a strategy that will suit them best

Pliusomiot.s480/World1383/Android
    Last edited by Pliusomiot; December 15th, 2015 at 14:12.

For a young alliance/server I think yours is definitely a good structurized approach. And each CtC gives the option to adjust schedule or method.:-)
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

And another note on lowering enemy force I've just forgot to point out at:
    at least in our situation, when most of our players are around lvl 80, by lowering overall force too much, there is a high chance to get an enemy with many if not all players having a level way too much lower than bottom limit (-5 from your level)

Attacking those players will net you only 20 - 32 merit points, even if their force is close to your (tested by attacking them only with flagman and another PvP commander)

To explain better this level difference to look upon, i will assume that I'm at lvl 83
    By attacking an opponent with lvl 78+, i will get 40 merit points if the battle is won, regardless of his force.
    By attacking an opponent with lvl 77, i will get 38 merit points or even less
    By attacking an opponent with lvl 75 i will get 30-32 merit points and so on (i just don't remember the exact merit points collected, but the overall picture is likewise )

Probably after next weekend CtC i will have a fresh set of data to analyze and I'll add a better breakdown on opponent lvl/gathered merit points subject
    Last edited by Pliusomiot; June 30th, 2016 at 20:47.

Thanks Pliusomiot. Good comprehensive guide, mechanical yes, but when one is starting out, let's go with the color the by the numbers method to get experience.

My alliance also does out of schedule attacks (to accommodate those who can't make to the schedule attack) but it is limited to the first 2 hours after the scheduled attack, on the 2nd & 3rd hour after scheduled attack. The 3rd - 4th hour is cool down. We do get attack sometimes but since most of us will be online at the 4th hour, we just unload it at that time. Interestingly, we get lucky about 2/3 of the time as the alliances matched to us have already spent their battle supplies, especially on the 1st day of CtC, when i guess discipline to the 4 hour schedule is adhere to more.

One-Star Admiral
    One big misconception you have is in regard to starting a war.
    Nobody can start a war against you ... the only way an alliance goes to war is if someone inside the alliance declares war.

Then about the matching itself. The system tries to match you with other alliances that have declared war and are yet unmatched.
    From my observations during the last 10 wars or so ... it will try to match you with an alliance close in total number of supplies as yours. Force seems to have very little to no influence in terms of matching during the CtC. Also I noticed that it will try to find you a close match in terms of ranks.
    богдан.s387/World 187/iOS

Thank you, Bogdan.. interesting point

As for war declaration, not arguing on this - i didn't test that part. I'd like to do it but for now I'm more focuced on other subjects. Maybe some lvl100 player who are interested in PvP durin CtC event could test or confirm that part... using the same so blamed 2 member alliance? I still consider that a war can be started against us by an opposing alliance, but this is only my personal understanding of event rules and logic. However, that will not change in anyway the guide

As for matching.. Can't agree with the theory about similar supplies. That will explain hardly how my alliance consisting of 14 players, out of those at least half (confirmed) have full 32 batttle supply, with average player level at 75, was matched about 1/5 of the wars with a 2 member alliance, having at least one player at lvl 90+

During my first war it was even "better" (it occured after 17 days or so after the server was started) .. 24 alliance members, all of them at level 65 or so, facing a 2 members alliance with player level at 85-90
    Last edited by Pliusomiot; December 16th, 2015 at 12:30.
    Pliusomiot.s480 /World1383/Android
    LittleBoy.s480 /World1383/Android
    Art of War official FB group member

One-Star Admiral
    Quote Originally Posted by Pliusomiot View Post
    Thank you, Bogdan.. interesting point

As for war declaration, not arguing on this - i didn't test that part. I'd like to do it but for now I'm more focuced on other subjects. Maybe some lvl100 player who are interested in PvP durin CtC event could test or confirm that part... using the same so blamed 2 member alliance? I still consider that a war can be started against us by an opposing alliance, but this is only my personal understanding of event rules and logic. However, that will not change in anyway the guide
    In my alliance we always do 19 battles/CtC event (with a 4h schedule) and since everyone understood not to declare war on their own, it is exactly that number of battles, not more and no less (except when we decide to skip a war, of course and then we get some extra battles). And this goes on for months. So no, there is no such thing as being selected for war except if someone in your alliance explicitly declared war.

As for matching.. Can't agree with the theory about similar supplies. That will explain hardly how my alliance consisting of 14 players, out of those at least half (confirmed) have full 32 batttle supply, with average player level at 75, was matched about 1/5 of the wars with a 2 member alliance, having at least one player at lvl 90+

During my first war it was even "better" (it occured after 17 days or so after the server was started) .. 24 alliance members, all of them at level 65 or so, facing a 2 members alliance with player level at 85-90
    More than half a year ago I had an alt with only 2-3 alliance members and indeed I got alliances full of easy players. I was thinking then as well that it must be based on total power of the alliance.
    But, also on my main's alliance we got very weak alliances power wise compared to the total power of our members ... so that is why I speculate that it is more based on rank and influence. Also that on the CtCs when we were on the top5 spots as alliance, I noticed we tended to get more top30 alliances than usual.
    But then again it is speculation as long as we have no confirmation from tap4 one way or another.
    богдан.s387/World 187/iOS

Quote Originally Posted by Nopo View Post
    Thanks Pliusomiot. Good comprehensive guide, mechanical yes, but when one is starting out, let's go with the color the by the numbers method to get experience.

My alliance also does out of schedule attacks (to accommodate those who can't make to the schedule attack) but it is limited to the first 2 hours after the scheduled attack, on the 2nd & 3rd hour after scheduled attack. The 3rd - 4th hour is cool down. We do get attack sometimes but since most of us will be online at the 4th hour, we just unload it at that time. Interestingly, we get lucky about 2/3 of the time as the alliances matched to us have already spent their battle supplies, especially on the 1st day of CtC, when i guess discipline to the 4 hour schedule is adhere to more.
    That could be, probably, our approach during next war too. It will fit quite well our gmt zones spread. Thank you !

Эй ребя, а че вы друг другу на английском пишите?)) Вроде русские))

Я все посты свои писал для своего альянса. Альянс - международный. Стандартный язык общения - английский.
    А уже дальше развитие темы идет на том же английском по инерции. Иначе придется еще и русский перевод всех постов давать ))