Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: No Round Limit on Primus Invasion

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    The easiest fix for the Cryptor problem against Primus would simply be to make Primus's attack unblockable. Increase Primus penetration to some ridiculous value (+300%) for example and you solve the perma-shield problem.
    Cryptor's counter skill doesn't depend on his block rate. It always counters even if Primus's penetration rate is over 100%.

  2. #12
    One-Star Admiral
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by L Light View Post
    Cryptor's counter skill doesn't depend on his block rate. It always counters even if Primus's penetration rate is over 100%.
    Then that is the bug right there ... nowhere in the skill description does it say that it will always counter, not him nor the ship it also puts into stasis. Resolve that, correlate it with a high Primus penetration and the problem is solved.
    богдан.s387/World 187/iOS

  3. #13
    Major General loken.s558's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    181
    Народ, а ведь когда вышел ланс с его 2м щитом, тоже все считали его несбалансированным. Первый ланс накапливал заряды аккумулятора со всех атак, включая атаки по самому командиру. Но Tap'ы его пофиксили же.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    Then that is the bug right there ... nowhere in the skill description does it say that it will always counter, not him nor the ship it also puts into stasis. Resolve that, correlate it with a high Primus penetration and the problem is solved.
    Actually the counter was descripted in handbook battle, so itself is not a bug.
    If T4F deletes counter from Cryptor, he will be worthless not only in Primus but also in PVP.

  5. #15
    Super Moderator z3nithor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    w747 / w928 / w1086
    Posts
    869
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    Then that is the bug right there ... nowhere in the skill description does it say that it will always counter, not him nor the ship it also puts into stasis. Resolve that, correlate it with a high Primus penetration and the problem is solved.
    Nowhere does it say that Brom / Queen Emma should reduce Primus accumulator either... it's a function of the game code. Logically, they should not. But they do, because the implementation is rushed and the battle engine needs a full re-tune.

    The Lt. method is a great way for Tap to cater to Primus lore (he's the biggest baddie ever) without needing to write much, if any code.
    They could also make him a Destroyer class opponent, so that blocks cannot happen.
    Or the round limit (which is cheap and unnatural, IMO).
    Or make him ignore the stasis completely.

    Primus ignoring stasis and Primus suddenly becoming unblockable both devalue Cryptor, and could open Tap up to legitimate refund requests. They also risk making their big spenders (currently the only ones with Cryptor) unhappy by devaluing the purchase. The round limit is at least making PI more like regular primus. The Lt skill adds flavor to both primus and PI, and still allows a great fleet to shine if they've put in the time/money to get great galactonite / TS-2 modules, but makes it impossible for a full-health Primus to get obliterated by a single opponent in one attack.
    time's up.

  6. #16
    Lieutenant
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    39
    Gratz to first place L Light :-)
    Not sure they will even fix anything about him, for Primus invasion he just gives you more options to be honest.
    Before you made an unbeatable fleet against escorts which did just as much damage.
    Now you can choose if you want to kill Primuses or escorts, the result will be about the same. For Primus himself the rounds are capped as L Light already said so they expected something like this.
    I would also prefer if they nerved him a bit against primus but it is either way ok I think, I just hope that if they change anything they don't destroy his PvP value since I find him an amazing and very interesting Ship for PvP.

  7. #17
    One-Star Admiral
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by L Light View Post
    Actually the counter was descripted in handbook battle, so itself is not a bug.
    If T4F deletes counter from Cryptor, he will be worthless not only in Primus but also in PVP.
    In the old handbook Akhenaton's invisibility worked differently ... so that's not actually a commitment to how a commander should work. Remember Akhenaton got nerfed not once, but twice.
    Also making him not auto blocking won't make him worthless on PvP... it would make him balanced. After all he's supposed to survive 1 final blow ... not survive and set-up for almost certain survival again next round.
    богдан.s387/World 187/iOS

  8. #18
    Section Leader Nachteule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,612
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    The easiest fix for the Cryptor problem against Primus would simply be to make Primus's attack unblockable. Increase Primus penetration to some ridiculous value (+300%) for example and you solve the perma-shield problem.

    I am not sure about but it could be that the block counter is part of the effect of stasis for normal killing attacks (not for the special attacks)...
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

  9. #19
    Lieutenant
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by Nachteule View Post

    I am not sure about but it could be that the block counter is part of the effect of stasis for normal killing attacks (not for the special attacks)...
    Yes it is, you can even block counter attacks and counter them again :-D

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by qw3r72 View Post
    Gratz to first place L Light :-)
    Not sure they will even fix anything about him, for Primus invasion he just gives you more options to be honest.
    Before you made an unbeatable fleet against escorts which did just as much damage.
    Now you can choose if you want to kill Primuses or escorts, the result will be about the same. For Primus himself the rounds are capped as L Light already said so they expected something like this.
    I would also prefer if they nerved him a bit against primus but it is either way ok I think, I just hope that if they change anything they don't destroy his PvP value since I find him an amazing and very interesting Ship for PvP.
    Thank you, qw3r72. ☺

    If it won't be fixed as you guessed, every Primus Invasion Events will make players spend more credits than ever.
    (Even if who has both Cryptor and Ahkenathon, he or she will have to teleport every single round to compete with others.)
    Maybe T4F and some players would like this change, but at least I won't be able to afford it any longer. ��
    Last edited by L Light; December 12th, 2015 at 00:27.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •