Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No Round Limit on Primus Invasion

No Round Limit on Primus Invasion

Hello. I'm here to report result of using Cryptor-Ahkenathon fleet in Primus Invasion.

Originally, there is round limit in Primus Hunt. Because of this, player cannot kill Primus by single infinite attack.
    So I expected there is same limit in Primus Invasion, but there wasn't.
    I killed even 12 Primus in a low with Cryptor-Ahkenathon fleet, so T4F should add round limit in Primus Invasion as like Primus Hunt.

Thank you for reading.

L Light.904 / Android
    Last edited by L Light; December 11th, 2015 at 02:59.

Hey, if you got it, flaunt it. There aren't many folks with Cryptor (yet). And this also explains why there sure seemed to be a lot fewer Primus's during the Primus invasion... you were mopping them up

Tap4Fun didn't do the required game planning prior to introducing Cryptor and his S-ATK effect.

They have a couple of options:
    • Modify Primus
      A - all of Primus's stats increase every time he takes his turn
      B - Primus has "overkill" and disregards Cryptor's buff
    • Modify Primus Invasion
      A - Include a limit on the number of times you can attack an enemy (I hadn't know there was one in regular Primus )
    • Modify Cryptor's buff
      A - Add a low chance of failed stasis

I think the most interesting one that preserves the current value of Cryptor and maintains the lore of Primus being an epic enemy is for Primus to gain strength as the battle continues on. Tap4Fun could accomplish this as easily as giving Primus a lieutenant that is stackable and triggers every turn, boosting block, dodge, and hit rate. This has the added benefit of not instantly overpowering a more typical Primus fleet that engages in locking, as Lt effects do not activate when the commander is locked.
    time's up.

Quote Originally Posted by z3nithor View Post
    Hey, if you got it, flaunt it. There aren't many folks with Cryptor (yet). And this also explains why there sure seemed to be a lot fewer Primus's during the Primus invasion... you were mopping them up

Tap4Fun didn't do the required game planning prior to introducing Cryptor and his S-ATK effect.

They have a couple of options:
    • Modify Primus
      A - all of Primus's stats increase every time he takes his turn
      B - Primus has "overkill" and disregards Cryptor's buff
    • Modify Primus Invasion
      A - Include a limit on the number of times you can attack an enemy (I hadn't know there was one in regular Primus )
    • Modify Cryptor's buff
      A - Add a low chance of failed stasis

I think the most interesting one that preserves the current value of Cryptor and maintains the lore of Primus being an epic enemy is for Primus to gain strength as the battle continues on. Tap4Fun could accomplish this as easily as giving Primus a lieutenant that is stackable and triggers every turn, boosting block, dodge, and hit rate. This has the added benefit of not instantly overpowering a more typical Primus fleet that engages in locking, as Lt effects do not activate when the commander is locked.
    Your idea seems interesting, but if T4F increases dodge rate of Primus, it will be hell in another way.
    If T4F decides to use your Idea, I think only block rate should be increased 0.5% per 1 round.

Brilliant thread. L Light I noticed your matches today and am glad you came forward. Great catch and way to think outside of the box.
    Lvl100 :: World 893

Chairmen: Evil Genius
    Galactic Chairmen
    Admin: [AoW] Art Of War Faction

Line: _bean_

대단하시군요ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ존경스럽습니닷ㅎ

Quote Originally Posted by Ender Bean Wiggins View Post
    Brilliant thread. L Light I noticed your matches today and am glad you came forward. Great catch and way to think outside of the box.
    I just wanted to get 40th rank with CA fleet... not balance breaking.
    I'm also surprised when I found there is no limit in Primus Invasion. o_O

Quote Originally Posted by Junie Choi View Post
    대단하시군요ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ존경스럽습니닷ㅎ
    헉 누구신가요? ㅎㅎㅎ
    여기서 한글을 보게 될 줄은 ㅋ

Quote Originally Posted by L Light View Post
    Your idea seems interesting, but if T4F increases dodge rate of Primus, it will be hell in another way.
    If T4F decides to use your Idea, I think only block rate should be increased 0.5% per 1 round.
    True, if either Primus's dodge or block increases per round, the battle will come to a "natural" end. Increasing both just makes Primus into an even stronger enemy, which is perhaps how we are supposed to view him. Right now, your fleet is more scared of the protectors

The value of the per-round increase would require tweaking, but I think if it is rather rapid (on the block side) then the value of a locker in your fleet begins to return, as this will prevent the increase from occurring in rounds for which Primus is locked. The standard Primus fleet goes 17 rounds before dying, and would experience 5 (4 effective) of these activations, making the normal hit rate / penetration standard into 25+4*incHR and 15+4*incBLK.

For the Cryptor-based Primus fleet, any increase to block or dodge is going to end the battle eventually. The maximum continuous hit rate and penetration bonus you can give to your fleet is 39% from a Dual R6, plus 2-3% from Lt's. So at best, your formation starts to fall apart when Primus's block rate surpasses 45%-55%. A 0.5% increase per Primus turn would be pretty effective at knocking out Cryptor formations, and only up the "normal fleet" requirements to 27% hit rate and 17% penetration.

Quote Originally Posted by L Light View Post
    I just wanted to get 40th rank with CA fleet... not balance breaking.
    I'm also surprised when I found there is no limit in Primus Invasion. o_O
    You didn't break any balance, Tap4Fun did It just took a little while for players to see it
    Last edited by z3nithor; December 11th, 2015 at 02:53.
    time's up.

ㅎㅎㅎ헝앱 최현준이라 합니다 잘부탁드려요!

One-Star Admiral
    The easiest fix for the Cryptor problem against Primus would simply be to make Primus's attack unblockable. Increase Primus penetration to some ridiculous value (+300%) for example and you solve the perma-shield problem.
    богдан.s387/World 187/iOS