Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weekly Best Topic:07 to 13 Dec

Smile Oh Carol! I am but a fool! Darling. Though you treat me cruel.

Wow... she would be a nice Christmas present! Will she be blond and as beautiful as you?

i dont really understand how this topic related to the Tactics Workshop category ? i gonna transfer it into the general discussion
    Zeus.s548 / World 1451 / Android

Section Leader on this forum
    The Legion foundation group Admin

This is an entry for the Weekly Best Topic contest under your "challenging/interesting question" category.

Players are challenged with finding which fleet would suit a commander with such S-ATK as Mirror Gaze and what position would be ideal for this commander to better unleash her potential.
    Drama Queen.s451 world 1354 Android

Galaxy Legend - Commanders HQ

Corporal
    very nice

I like her, she sounds like a perfect primus commander, that would be dangerous to other enemy fleets also. Obviously, against primus she would have to be front and center, being first shot. Depending on exactly how the mechanics work out, some fleet tweaking might be needed, but with her front and center and strategic use of locking/accumulator drain commanders, you could have a serious primus fighter!

Brigadier
    Need a pic of she and her ship. maybe i'll like her

XyXy this is about tactics, not fan service

I have detailed Carol's S-ATK ability.This is how it works:

Mirror Gaze
    Creates a reflective damage barrier surrounding the ship. The barrier absorbs 100% of all incoming ATK and E-ATK damage and 90% of all incoming S-ATK damage. 70% of ATK and E-ATK damage dealt to the barrier is reflect back to the attacker. The same S-ATK that targeted the ship is reflected back to the attacker as if the ship had fired it with 50% S-ATK damage dealt to the barrier. Lasts 1 round.

What do you guys think? Is it too overpowered? Too complicated?

Would Incendos enjoy a taste of his own fiery medicine? And what would happen if Aquos copied this ability and fired it back at Carol?

Brigadier
    a little bit complicated description for her skill. i'm still interested of her opening price hehe.. how much must i need to spend to be with her... oops to get her

I wanted a commander that can reflect whatever attacks come her way, even S-ATK. But there needs to be balance for obvious reasons. Carol needs to be fragile when not protected by the barrier. And even when protected she won't fully reflect 100% of the damage, that would be too overpowered.

What her ability means is that regular attacks (including destroyers) deal no damage to her and are reflected to her attacker at 70%. Maybe her accumulator should not increase if she doesn't take damage?

She still takes a bit of damage from S-ATK. Might be enough for one-shot wonders like Vladimir to crit through and kill her. Her ability will reflect the S-ATK but at a moderate damage value, and it only reflects damage S-ATK abilities. So if Lance fires at her then she wont receive his shield for instance.

Talking about fleet composition. I would user her to shield weaker ships and in the front row if possible. This allows her to reflect the first (and strongest) S-ATK from the likes of Incendos, Sireene, Vladimir, while reflecting the most damage back. On the other hand if she does not fire first then then she may still die from the first S-ATK. Even if she survives and raises the barrier, some S-ATK will always go though.

Another option would be to place her at the back so that she is still alive at the end of the battle and at a time where the barrier may be too hard for the enemy to overcome. But then since she is fragile, there is the risk of cross/horizontal/vertical attacks killing her.

Brigadier
    i would really want her if she's dress like a nurse and pilot a ship that looks like an ambulance ...
    her skill can heal/repair or even revive destroyed ship.. that would be great.
    But yours are better for defensive and offensive mode.