Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Celestial Portal - Zaffrey is Back! 25 Nov - 27 Nov 2015

i think portal come each month now

Brigadier
    I don't track events but I don't think so. But maybe because I have all the portal commanders I really didn't keep track very well.
    I think the last one was indeed a month ago but the one before that was more than 2 months
    ---------------~o~---------------
    Ofer.s724, World 682, Android

For a list of Events and do refer to Nachteule's Event Log https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing He has done a fantastic job of collating the events so far.

I refer to it constantly. Thanks for the Nachteule!

Brigadier
    Thanks Nopo. I looked at it and I stand corrected, it seems that the Celestial Portal event does come about once a month.
    ---------------~o~---------------
    Ofer.s724, World 682, Android

No issue sofer, with some many events going on, i can't remember which happened when

Cheers!

I don't get it but why is everyone hiring Zaffrey? I got Akhenaton who is able to hide your fleet as well, so whats the deal about Zaffrey as lieutnant?
    Be water my friend

Sieben | Sieben GL | sieben.s592 | World 380(iOS)
    forum | facebook | ingame | server

Quote Originally Posted by sieben View Post
    I don't get it but why is everyone hiring Zaffrey? I got Akhenaton who is able to hide your fleet as well, so whats the deal about Zaffrey as lieutnant?
    Originally, Lt effects went into play after your commander fired. Since buffs are not removed until after your commander fires, this meant that a 1-turn invisibility buff for ALL rovers on your team could be renewed by 1 activation of Zaffrey in 2 attempts.
    Here's a video from the "golden era" of Zaffrey and invisibility Lts:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...RTg&authuser=0

Akhenaton's buff means your opponent still gets to fire S-ATKs and the like. When your team goes wholly invisible, your opponent gets to do NOTHING. Any Lt's your opponent has will not activate. Recently, Tap even fixed the turn processing (as seen in the video, back then opponents' entire turns - including shield removal timers - were skipped), so poison, shields, opponent invisibility, crit/hit/block buffs, etc will all deactivate normally, while your invisible commanders attack without restraint (just hope for no blocks )

What's more, is that this is a permanent status effect - you can't gain HP mid-battle, so once it starts, your rover(s) are always a coin-flip away from vanishing, and a coin-flip away from remaining invisible. The situation is slightly different for tagalong rovers as opposed to the rover with Zaffrey as Lt, as they (i think incorrectly) become visible after their next shot (and not after a whole turn), but if Zaffrey activates again, boom, invisible.

Again, Akhenaton is always able to be shot at. And when he dies, the jig is up. Rovers with Zaffrey... you never know if you're gonna get to shoot them or if you're gonna be playing whack-a-mole.

Consider Elsa... you're guaranteed to get to shoot at the commander when they have 100% accumulator. There's no guarantee with the Zaffed-up rovers.
    time's up.

Here's a video, recorded today, to add to the mountain of evidence for why, if you use a rover, Zaffrey is the only Lt. you should be considering.
    Force ratings... 148m vs. 213m with Pandora buffs

Enjoy

time's up.

Ugly Khala you have! :-D
    Galactic Chairman
    Repair Station Section Leader
    Event log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    PVP: Raksha [+T3], Vela'rath [+15], Nicholas [+15], Slade T-IV [+15], Roland [+15]

Got zaff, it's long wait for tap to put it back in portal. Happy.